• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

WL Fantasy Season 14

Matt

Concept: Just like Fantasy Baseball/Football/Basketball, but for WL. If you don't know what those are, this is a competition where we choose who we think will do well in WL this season, and how well they do determines who wins this season of WL Fantasy.

Link to League Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaMruWS7SxfphflHlta_DAQrSE2ftEqwDm31xJ6Ksv4/

The doc contains all of our weekly stats, overall standings, and rosters. It will be updated regularly, so check it out at any time during the season to see where everyone stands.

Previous Season's thread: https://forums.mkboards.com/threads/wl-fantasy-season-13.45645/

This season will be similar to last season, but with a couple of major changes. Most notably, we are doing Head to Head matchups, which means each week, one player will be matched up against another, and the winner will be determined by comparing both player's scores in the 5 categories. So if I'm matched up vs JAM this week, and I have a better score than him in 3 of the 5 categories, then I'd win that week 3 to 2. This is what we'll use to determine the final standings.

The categories are: Regs Runners Total Points, Regs Runners GP Average, CT Runners Total Points, CT Runners GP Average, and Team Total Points. For the Team Total Points category, the points that all 3 of your teams score that week will be summed, and that sum will determine who wins the category.

Here are the week-by-week matchups:

Feel free to run your own if you'd like (though I suggest you do so asap because W1 is starting soon). I will be posting week-by-week updates on this thread. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

life

~
Supporter
Since Yoshter decided not to do it this season I'll give my point of view on things since I'm lowkey a power rankings/predictions/statistics/writing whore

10. Carter

Key Players: Sawyer, Mine, Sane, Bede CT, Maik CT
Questionable Picks: life RT, life CT

CJ decided that he thought it was a good idea to select someone early who he probably shouldn't have. Someone who is in eternal wiim slumber outside of WL and picked me not once, but twice... maybe he watched me stream playing custom tracks for once so I guess I baited him. Ls decided to sign me for the veteran minimum in the off-season. Playing time could be limited especially with Coach Yoshter threatening to suspend me after some of my picks in this draft and even going as far as to trading me to a different team. Bede and Sane should be good, Maik is huge so he does have some good things about his team. The teams themselves could be a good bit better. If Smith can return to former glory CJ has an outside shot, but after playing Mario Party 7 with him he may be incompetent in terms of making decisions with his roster. Losing to DK on Vine Country for a star is something I haven't seen in the 13 years the game has been out for and I'm still trying to figure out how CJ actually lost. I have no faith.

9. JAM

Key Players: LukeGB CT, JAM CT, Laki CT, King
Value Picks: Neuro, Epix CT, Tricks, Imperial Volo Robot Team, Gamblers

JAM went heavy into CT players investing his first three picks on them. He picked himself believing that he will MVP the division. This is not a surprise to me seeing as a he is a massive sweat lord and will probably be in full force this season. One may wonder though if his odd way of holding the controller will put him on the 60 day disabled list. The confidence didn't stop there. After picking himself he picked ZJ's Gambling Hub in round 4. The 100 Thieves Kenny logo is likely a good luck charm but this is a group of players known for choking when it matters most. Tricks getting a disc/wii will be crucial to JAM's team being a regular track threat. By putting him 9th he probably wins because he will be salty and become an even bigger tryhard this season. Volo Robots are scary.

8. Zagler

Key Players: Jax, Dartanian, Cheron, ruby CT
Value Picks: Nolan Arenado, Kiralte, Arvo

Zagler surprised a lot of people when he drafted a team with the #2 pick in the draft. He selected two teams in his first three picks, which could leave him with some holes in the roster. He has quite a bit of D1 players, while they are safe picks they were not very valuable last season so unless it is different this season it could be a problem. Nolan Arenado is a good pick but he probably should be playing baseball right now and not thinking about weemin. Dartii was the ultimate power pick and could carry pretty hard so a lot of pressure will be on him + Jax. Could easily do better than this ranking if they do as he should win the team category almost every week.

7. Saik

Key Players: Azmact, Shaun, Zatlo, King
Value Picks: Olifre, Munckeyz, Articuno CT

This team is solid, but the teams he drafted could be a bit questionable compared to other teams in the league. He has to face Champion Riku twice so that is rip. Got a potential steal in the first round, selecting Mike Trout of fantasy wiim Azmact. He fell to pick three which shocked many. If he some how ends up playing the max amount of matches possible he could carry Barry to the league win. Having a runner that you troll for is pretty nice, if he wants to he can just troll Sphinx/Insane/Luke on accident in a top 4 break and give Munckeyz the extra points while still getting top 4. (obv /s)

6. Matt

Key Players: Sapphire CT, rusoX CT, Derek CT
Value Picks: KasperUS (D2), Ethan, Articuno, Myth CT

Matt finished second last season after being the most active manager in the league. That alone will likely help him finish in the top half at the end of it all, but the current team seems to be lacking a little bit in terms of regular track upside. CT players are the core of this team so he will likely depend on them and his good teams he selected to win each week. Kasper is a moger main according to Matt so he might have something up his sleeve here.

5. Luke

Key Players: Sirius CT, Lifeboat, Revise, Starstrike CT, Cyborg Insane
Value Picks: Leops, Trevor CT, Kevin (GAMT), Himself as a robotic two way player

After being dubbed the favorite in the past season, Luke's lack of CT players caused him to have a disappointing finish. He secured two of his first three picks as CT players so he should do much better in that department this time around. Kevin was a really good late pick and Trevor was really good in CTD2 last season so he could potentially do well in CTD1. He is the only player to have both robotic versions of himself. Insane is Pandora's Box, you never really know what you are going to get but apparently he is now a cyborg this season. Sources say Professor Barry got Dr. Chilo G to perform some upgrades on all of his Voloian robots this off-season; both should have good value in the two racing leagues.

4. Yoshter

Key Players: Fox, Shawn, Flairy CT, Niko CT,
Value Picks: Trattore CT, Taz, Spart CT, Ethan CT, Yoshter

Yoshter surprisingly had a pretty solid draft. His core players are some of the most reliable in the league. If "Tractor" actually ends up playing custom tracks this season he could possibly have the best custom track lineup in the league. He's gone on record saying that he will pay him to actually play. While team reliability could be an issue with some players, he has already slid into the DM's of Ethan in CTD3 who expects to play most matches. According to some sources he could be a rookie of the year candidate and is one of the better later picks in the draft. Spart could be a beast this season if he isn't bagging in CTD2. Yoshter is also due heat himself so he could have some pop offs in D2 + being able to control how many matches you play is great value.

3. life

Key Players: Daseia, Kona, Korra, Aura
Value Picks: Flairy, Zagler, Act CT, Hawk CT

I decided to go for the best value I thought was available, and since custom track players were getting selected early in round 1, I went the other route and picked regular track players that could do very well in lower divisions. Daseia is a pretty fast player for most divisions and certainly D5, that alone should be enough for him to be worth the first round pick if he plays often/transitions into regular tracks. Hawk randomizing custom track lists each week = free money. May have waited a bit too long on teams. Apocalypse is extremely risky as their lineups have been questionable in the past but can be very good with best possible lineup. Core players may be risky in terms of the amount of matches they may play. Making this power raking thingy means I already shot any chance I had of actually winning since doing this is usually a curse.

2. Shawn

Key Players: Azmact CT, Xander, Beat, Zane
Value Picks: Nico, Slide, Barney, Shawn CT

Shawn was able to get good players across the board, the only question is if they will play enough matches. A few of his top picks played only about half of last season, but he does have some pretty reliable players as well such as Xander/Zane/Nico/Slide/Barney. He might have to slot himself into the lineup most likely if any of his custom track players don't show up, but with the new custom track format he himself could improve this team even more. Azmact could be even better in CTD1 with the format changes and he will need to do so to justify this version of himself being selected #1 in this season's draft. Ls could be good if they decide not to tank this season.

1. Riku

Key Players: Dermo CT, Mark, StripE
Value Picks: Kirito CT, Kenny CT, Bob, ruby

The returning winner of the inaugural season of weem fantasy slots into the 1st spot in the power rankings with very strong draft. Riku went for lower division players early while also getting players that should play a good amount in higher divisions. Mark and StripE are both great players for the division they'll be playing in. Soap Kenny could be good as a late pick seeing as he was at the top of CTD1 just a few seasons ago. He was also able to get a good amount of teams that look like they should have a pretty good season. Riku possibly has a big ace in the hole. When asked if he was going to run or bag this season he did not confirm anything. The undisclosed information leads me to believe he could be bagging for Soap in CTD2, but expect him to pick himself up on the waiver wire and run if he feels any pressure early in the season.

This was just for fun and mainly some jokes so no one kill me pls ;(

Cuj

Team
Floω
I have faith in my draft. Life roasting himself is the saddest thing on the internet since my loss against DK in Vine Country. Definitely won’t be co-owning the ranch with ZJ Insanity though. Luckily I have the ability to swap out life if he decides to throw. Will be an interesting season to come...

title of the clip says it all, COUGH MATT..

only half of the statement you said is correct, i certainly did not carry your team last season, but i did indiv all shocks and will proceed to do so this season to get big .png mvp banner.

deadass tho this was funny af cant tell if you were serious though
monyz is big indiv he call all shocks dont @ me alex bad indiv look at w10 when i was supposed to indiv but i sucked too much at indiving and this game to mvp bye bitches

OP
OP
Matt

Matt

title of the clip says it all, COUGH MATT..

only half of the statement you said is correct, i certainly did not carry your team last season, but i did indiv all shocks and will proceed to do so this season to get big .png mvp banner.

deadass tho this was funny af cant tell if you were serious though
monyz is big indiv he call all shocks dont @ me alex bad indiv look at w10 when i was supposed to indiv but i sucked too much at indiving and this game to mvp bye bitches
LMAO in all seriousness you did really well for me last season, only person in d6 to get 1000 pts in the season (having someone score 1000 pts in any division is jackpot in fantasy) so I wanted to pick you up again this season. But after your w1 match where you played only one gp and scored 18 I dropped you LOL

LMAO in all seriousness you did really well for me last season, only person in d6 to get 1000 pts in the season (having someone score 1000 pts in any division is jackpot in fantasy) so I wanted to pick you up again this season. But after your w1 match where you played only one gp and scored 18 I dropped you LOL
fair enough lmfao, yeah dunno why i can score high 1/2 gps but cant string the third together. could be something with playing less idek. mario kart isnt at the top of my priorities atm, but appreciate the kind words from last season. left the match w1 for a specific reason but its in the past so no need to dwell on it