What shortcuts have stumped you that you were finally able to overcome?

Wiimmfi
1938-7399-0801
I’ve been trying for a while to pull the Mushroom Gorge gap jump off and was finally able to do it! What are some shortcuts that took you some time to be able to pull off and how long did it take to finally nail it down?

Team
Ascension
I’ve been trying for a while to pull the Mushroom Gorge gap jump off and was finally able to do it! What are some shortcuts that took you some time to be able to pull off and how long did it take to finally nail it down?
TF shroomless always gave me trouble, but now I can pull it off relatively easily. It probably took me 2 hours of practice to get it consistently. I've always overthought the 1 shroom hill skip on Desert Hills, but I've come to love it. I'd say it took 30 minutes to successfully get it 3/3 in a run. Finally, for cts, with about 10 hours in Autumn Leavesway, the gap jump essentially becomes child's play at that point. I'll admit it took me a bit to understand how to clear it without a hop trick.

Nozzles

🏳️‍🌈
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
0177-8005-5950
For no specific reasoning other than laziness and a lack of motivation to improve, I also put off learning MG gap jump for a considerable amount of time. I didn't even start attempting the cut until after the official shutdown. For such a simple shortcut, it really did improve my general outlook on the track, bringing it from a very low rank to now being one of my top favorite track picks. I also find it to be one of the most satisfying shortcuts to take, where you can easily jump up to a top placement practically right on the line. A close second in terms of satisfaction would likely go to DKS double.

Wiimmfi
3570-8255-6316
This isn't really a sc but mmm low trick. Took me over a year to figure out no special tech was involved lmao. Also, the gv shroomspot I never learned how to do properly until recently, mainly due to ignorance. ddr sand hop was also quite challenging until I spent a good 45 minutes learning it. rdh the 1 shroom was also difficult until I just shadowed a bunch of runs. I suck lol, but at least I'm trying to improve.

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
Took me years to figure out most shortcuts honestly, but BCWii Ultra I've finally been getting a bit more reliable with. Still not perfect, but I've gone from basically never making it to having the confidence to try it online more often.

Wiimmfi
2540-0341-7768
It tooks me years to figure out how to do the TF shroomless cut bit I finally figured it out like 2 months ago. I wasnt getting the right alignment or drifting left in midair.