• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

[TUTORIAL] How to make a Custom Track

Spade24

EL Staff
Media Staff
Supporter
Team
Multiverse
NNID
xSpade24
Wiimmfi
5243-7160-5304
Have you had a CT Idea for a long time, and not been able to play it??? Are you stuck with only making textures??? Have you ever wanted to make a CT???

...You have come to the right place. This Thread will try to show you step by step the way to Build, create, and edit your own CT. Picture Descriptions will be given.

Modeling/Building Steps

a. To start off you need to have an idea, design ready.
b. You will need Certain programs such as the one below...

- Sketch-up(Recommended)
- Paint
- Any Alternate 3D Model Creator

c. Next, you build your design. Make sure the design is at least 100000' x 100000' otherwise you will have a very small track. (100000' x 100000' is around a 20 sec lap) Once you build your design on one of the programs above you will need to do these exact things, (Just a reminder, this tutorial below will be for Sketchup, so if you use another program, you can skip the building portion and move to the next section in the tutorial thread)...make every part of your Tracks pieces white, before you start texturing, you can do that by Right Clicking on a Grey Object and clicking "Reverse Phases"

d. One you have done that you can texture it, by using the paint tool in the tool bar. As Shown in the Picture Below...

e. Once, your done texturing, make sure you have reversed every phase and also textured every part of the track, so you don't have to redo everything if you realize you messed up.

f. Once you realize you are totally done Make A folder on your Desktop Name it what ever.

g. Now Comes The Extracting. Go To File, and then OBJ EXPORTER, (if you don't have it, I will try to find a link and post it in a second or third post. Also you can contact me on Skype and i can send it [My Skype: Ugotowned35000vr])

...Once you click it, save/extract everything to that folder you made on the Desktop.

OP
Spade24

Spade24

EL Staff
Media Staff
Supporter
Team
Multiverse
NNID
xSpade24
Wiimmfi
5243-7160-5304
Thread Starter #2
KCL and KMP Steps

a. first we will start with the KCL. Open the The KCL Tool. I will put a link in this step.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6ofd31nps3swpu/Debug.zip
b. now we click: File > New, then we click File > Import.

c. Now browse for your .obj file click import and bam! Your done.

d. Now here comes the easy part. You can to make the KCL, put whatever you want for each polygon, there will be tons of selections. Such as, road, boost, etc.
e. Now just click Import, then Save it as course.kmp to the folder you created.

~ The KMP ~

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

OP
Spade24

Spade24

EL Staff
Media Staff
Supporter
Team
Multiverse
NNID
xSpade24
Wiimmfi
5243-7160-5304
Thread Starter #3
Finishing Steps

a. Now that we have done everything, the KMP, KCL, and the BRRES models. You need to open up a blank course.szs file. (I Recommend you use the Luigi Circuit File, which is beginner_course.szs)
b. Make sure you are opening it up in SZS Explorer!
c. Find the course_model.brres and then right click ,and then click "Replace".

d. Click on the course_model.brres that you made and saved into your folder.
e. Repeat Steps C and D for the map_model.brres, the course.kmp, and the course.kcl.
f. After you have finished replacing everything, save it and name it to any course file name you want.
g. Now you are ready to play it! Enjoy!

- If you have any trouble during this process PM "Ugotowned35000vr" on Skype