• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

The Suggestions Thread

~Maidvelia~

NEW ERA: Agency Returns November 2019
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
If you believe that there could be specific alterations or additions made to the forums in order to improve them, please list them in this thread.

In an effort to reduce repetitious suggestions, I will be updating this first post with ideas that are currently in process of being implemented, or ideas that staff deemed as unnecessary to add.

Applied Features:
- Removal of home button (Unnecessary)​
- Adjusted signature limits​
- Add "Currently Viewing Thread" to thread content.​

Work in Process:
- Add a gender option to display on profiles and member cards.​
- Add a collapse/expand option if possible​

Rejected / Will not be added:
- User-specific suggestions, such as unique name colors.​

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

** This post will be continuously updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubbles

Team
Charged Brigade
Unless I'm dumb, I'm pretty sure "Home" and "Forums" function the exact same way (by taking you to mariokartboards.com). It's a small detail, but maybe take out either Home or Forums, just keep one.

OP
~Maidvelia~

~Maidvelia~

NEW ERA: Agency Returns November 2019
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Thread Starter #3
Would a working portal be possible on XenForo 2.0.7?

Spade24

EL Staff
Media Staff
Supporter
Team
Multiverse
NNID
xSpade24
Wiimmfi
5243-7160-5304
Idk if you’re working on it or not but is Gender options possible?

Nozzles

I need new ways to waste my time
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Unless I'm dumb, I'm pretty sure "Home" and "Forums" function the exact same way (by taking you to mariokartboards.com). It's a small detail, but maybe take out either Home or Forums, just keep one.
You are correct, it is rather unnecessary to have both. I have removed the home button.

Would a working portal be possible on XenForo 2.0.7?
I will get back to you on this one once I get a reply from Beto, because I am not sure.

I might just be blind but is there any way to see who's viewing a thread you are on?
It unfortunately is not present by default with the new version of Xenforo. It's possible that it is within the list of various add-on's that are available to be manually downloaded to the forum. If that is the case, then we will try to implement it as soon as possible.

Idk if you’re working on it or not but is Gender options possible?
Not at this time. I will have a look around and see if I can find a way to implement this.

TeeZee

Team
I'm Trash
I posted in a thread earlier and I was getting email notifications. I would rather not have that. (Maybe it was my fault)

Bob

I posted in a thread earlier and I was getting email notifications. I would rather not have that. (Maybe it was my fault)
You can go to alerts (the bell) -> preferences and tick emails off. I think it's a bit silly to have it as the default setting though.

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
You may be able to change that within your own notification settings, however by default upon signups we have now made it so new accounts will not receive emails for new messages. Only made that change for the registration page a few hours ago so some may need to manually change settings at https://www.mariokartboards.com/account/preferences

Hope this helps.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
If what Stunky said hasn't fixed it, you can also just click the unsubscribe button on the email at the bottom.

TeeZee

Team
I'm Trash
You can go to alerts (the bell) -> preferences and tick emails off. I think it's a bit silly to have it as the default setting though.
You may be able to change that within your own notification settings, however by default upon signups we have now made it so new accounts will not receive emails for new messages. Only made that change for the registration page a few hours ago so some may need to manually change settings at https://www.mariokartboards.com/account/preferences

Hope this helps.
If what Stunky said hasn't fixed it, you can also just click the unsubscribe button on the email at the bottom.

Cheers guys, I didn't want to unsubscribe from the site as a whole, but I got it now cheers again

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
Collapse / Expand options
I believe that's a plugin/addon we had that doesn't appear to have any direct update to the newer XenForo versions, however I'll be on the lookout to try and see if there's any solution/replacement to be able to do that.

Connor

Moving onto a new era in MKW.
Supporter
Wiimmfi
2239-3843-9741
I notice that alerts don't appear on the page until after I refresh - I will get an email alert that someone replied to a thread but on the website here I dont see it on the alerts tab until I refresh. On the old website they would appear automatically. Maybe you could do something for that?

(this is hardly a necessity so if there are more important things to fix first then thats fine)

Team
Demoralize
Half of my imgur links get autoformatted for absolutely no reason while some do not get autoformatted... (Check out my thread on small match hubs.) Is there way to make my imgur links clickable instead of trying to autoformat them into the post? Thank you.