• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

StrawPoll: How long should Jos/Jack be banned?

Kona

Supporter
https://www.strawpoll.me/18306563

if you feel the ban should be less than a month but longer than 0 days, vote for "1 month" and explain your reasoning in a reply to this thread.
-
if you're unaware of the situation, the basic gist is as follows:

Jack/Jos posted media related to, well, humans shitting, in a Discord channel that was not marked as NSFW, while the content they posted was very clearly NSFW.

the server has nothing to do with MKBoards - as a matter of fact, it's a server for UK players that has never had the invite link posted on this website.

staff voted in majority to have both participants banned for 3 months, being able to appeal in 4-6 weeks (I'm not certain on the appeal length).

much of the community began to disagree with the staff's decision pretty quickly, and now there's drama just about everywhere related to the issue. this poll and thread is for you to give your input.

also, for those that may have more context related to this, feel free to post it on the thread.

Last edited:
OP
Kona

Kona

Supporter
Thread Starter #4
Jos and Jack were banned from the website for posting NSFW images/media in a Discord channel not marked as NSFW. the server in question has nothing to do with MKB in any sense, it was reported by a currently banned individual, and so the two were banned for 3 months. KD has now openly said that the ban length might be too long and is thinking about making a community poll, but I made one anyways because why not.

Can't really judge without having seen the actual media...
If it's a server that has nothing to do with mkb though, I do not understand why they're banned from here instead of removed from the server. Must've been some really desperate person to report them...

Matt.

Lounge Staff
Supporter
Team
Equivoke
Also just to clarify, jos posted one video and jack posted 3 images, both related to defecation. Jos and Jack were both privately invited to said server by the server owner, and neither of them were banned from the server afterwards, their posts were just deleted.

Last edited:
Can't really judge without having seen the actual media...
If it's a server that has nothing to do with mkb though, I do not understand why they're banned from here instead of removed from the server. Must've been some really desperate person to report them...
prob worth mentioning from what I heard was someone who was just banned recently over what happened few weeks ago

prob worth mentioning from what I heard was someone who was just banned recently over what happened few weeks ago
Whoever it was seems desperate and should not have a talk in this anyway LOL. I assume it was one of the gay pedos that have been around recently. While that is against the law, "Defecation" is something considered by many as funny. Oh and by the way kids "poop" right after their birth so I'm not sure how this exactly is NSFW when it's one of the most human things to do.

You would be correct in this assumption
pretty much this and going on no clue why staff members haven't done anything to try get him off discord in general when its simple af to do it, no clue why he is still allowed in a public server in general after everything.

If it's not an MKB server and isn't something truly horrific, then there's no reason to ban from here. I get staff are on their toes with stuff that's happened recently, but they should handle it like anything else. Didn't happen on MKB, didn't happen in an MKB server, thus nothing should happen to them on site.

Now, if they were, say, someone with some type of power or authority on the site, or someone that is generally looked up to (anyone with a custom tag or whatever), then consideration should be placed into removing those specialized tags. Like, for example, if someone was one of the Media Team folks and did this, then yeah...they probably shouldn't be on the Media Team.

I get why MKB Staff felt the need to do something about it, but for this, there's no need. The messages should be saved and reported to Discord's team and they will hand out the appropriate punishment (likely account ban).