• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Staff Apps Open and more!

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
Hello there everyone, Stunky here again with a number of updates and pieces of news that may interest you all.

Staff Applications Open
Following a number of departures (mentioned later in this post), we will be looking for a number of people to fill the Moderator role on the site. The main requirement for this window is for applicants to have an interest in Mario Kart Wii, ideally with past experience (but not required) and a passion to improve the community.

The window for these positions will be short, with the closing date for applicants being 11:59pm Eastern Time on Sunday 19th August. Most of the process (including interviews if needed) will occur within that window.

If you're interested please apply at https://mariokartboards.com/forums/mario-kart-boards-staff.14/ and be sure to read the sticky in that section for more information. Any extra questions, ask site staff!

Staff Departures
As may be somewhat clear to some of you already due to them already losing their roles on site, we've had to say goodbye to a number of staff over the past few days. I won't go in to any details as to why we've lost staff as many have their own personal reasons we're respecting (if they want to say why they can), but we'd like to thank the following people for their time, some of these names being veterans in the staffing roles:
- AbaraiK/Mark
- Markness
- Sketch
- Daxx
- Typhoon

Suggestions Welcome
We will continue to support the communities that have decided to stick by us, and aim to improve the site more to your needs. If you feel you'd like to make a suggestion, please do so at https://mariokartboards.com/forums/suggestions-and-feedback.7/

We're committed to ensuring that we're providing the best service possible for people, and we can't do it without your help, so if there are any ideas, suggestions or even just questions, they're appreciated.

Other Site News
The Deluxe League's actual league event will be on hold for the foreseeable future while we sort out staffing situations. We will, however, aim to involve some of the selected staff (we'll review apps soon) when it comes to helping with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournaments on the site prior to DXL's decision occurring.

We aim to get a tournament thread set up within the near future, however due to clashes with other events in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe community, the original proposed date from the last announcement is not going to be the official date - again, more information in the near future.

We also aim to improve the social media and casting aspects of the site to ensure more areas get the public notice they deserve. If you have any suggestions or would like to help out, please look out for more information on that soon.

That's all for updates today, thanks for reading, if you have any other questions let us know!

OP
Stunky

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
Thread Starter #2
Just bumping this in regards to apps, we had a permission issue where some supposedly couldn't post in the section, I can now confirm that it should be working fully. We'll review the application deadline closer to the end of our current set one if we believe the issue has impacted anyone's ability to submit in time.

NNID
SoporificSG
Wiimmfi
0263-7013-2101
I would apply but I wouldn't really know what i'm supposed to do and I might mess up cuz I don't really know what staff member do. I have co hosted a xbox one group and work for a modded minecraft server but I don't know what I could do the website that really changes it. I might apply since we only have 3 days left but if you got some advise please let me know.

Jakob

Team
Free Agents
Wiimmfi
5117-0161-2331
I would be interest to be me who cast the match. Especially with bean new spectate mode that I will looking forward too! I have a lot of things to say when someone makes a play!