[SOLVED]Question Regarding Character Models in CTGP

Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Hi! :3

So, today i tried to install some character models to my game's textures, and gameplay-wise it went fine!, but the menu models didn't appear because i coudn't place all the "Driver" Files on the "My Stuff" folder because of them having the same name. So my question is this...

Is there any way to have many Driver files on your CTGP pack?

Any help is grateful! (・ω・`)

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
What you will need:
[JUSTIFY]BrawlBox [ download ][/JUSTIFY]​

what you're going to want to do is pick just one "Driver.szs" file that you want to all of the textures to be in (it doesn't matter which one.)

after you've selected that one, open up a different "Driver.szs" for a different character, and find its corresponding file.
for example, if I had a yoshi texture that came with a "Driver.szs," I would open it up in BrawlBox, and locate the "ys.brres" file inside it [ because the abbreviation "ys" is always for yoshi ]​
all mkw file names and abbreviations can be found here
after you have located the corresponding .brres file, right click on it and hit "Export," and put it somewhere where you know where it is
the next step is to open up the original "Driver.szs" file [ that you selected in step one ] in BrawlBox, find the .brres file with the same name as the one in the last step, right click it and hit "Replace"
find the .brres file you exported two steps ago, hit "Okay"

save your work

repeat for all of the models you want to have show up in the menu!

This way all of the texture/model hacked character files can all be in one "Driver.brres" file,
so you can load all of them at once. This is the only way since you can't have two files with the same
name in one place, and if it has any other name, the game cannot read it correctly : )​

I hope this helps!​

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #3
it works so far but when i was going to add a rosalina file(rs.brres), i only found "rs_menu.brres" on the driver.szs file, and im confused ;w;

Last edited:

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
it works so far but when i was going to add a rosalina file(rs.brres), i only found "rs_menu.brres" on the driver.szs file, and im confused ;w;
Yes, sorry I didn't say this before but the princesses and miis are the only exception to the name rule in the "Driver.szs" file. However, even though the name is a little different, "rs_menu.brres" is the right file to replace if you want to replace Rosalina's menu model. So just follow the same steps you've been doing and it should work fine.

for future reference:
"ds_menu.brres" = daisy​
"pc_menu.brres" = peach​
"rs_menu.brres" = rosalina​
"la_mii_f.brres" = large female mii (suit a)​
"la_mii_m.brres" = large male mii (suit a)​
"lb_mii_f.brres" = large female mii (suit b)​
"lb_mii_m.brres" = large male mii (suit b)​
"ma_mii.f.brres" = medium female mii (suit a)​
"ma_mii.m.brres" = medium male mii (suit a)​
"mb_mii.f.brres" = medium female mii (suit b)​
"mb_mii.m.brres" = medium male mii (suit b)​
"sa_mii.f.brres" = small female mii (suit a)​
"sa_mii.m.brres" = small male mii (suit a)​
"sb_mii.f.brres" = small female mii (suit b)​
"sb_mii.m.brres" = small male mii (suit b)​

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #5
so i change the rosalina file's name(because the model i downloaded only came with the rs.brres file)to rs_menu.brres? btw my game crashed when i tried to see if the bpc(baby peach)model i replaced worked, and i did the tutorial step by step

Last edited:

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
You shouldn't have to rename the file, only the contents of the file matters when replacing. So if you right click "rs_menu.brres" and replace with "rs.brres" it should not matter, unless the file is not meant to be used for "Driver.szs".

As for the baby peach thing:
btw my game crashed when i tried to see if the bpc(baby peach)model i replaced worked
It could be a number of things. One could be that the bpc.brres you downloaded might be corrupt/not be read or loaded correctly in-game. Another possibility is that you accidentally exported or replaced the wrong files. An easy way to double check this is to check the model after you replace. To do this, click the plus sign next to the folder called "3DModels(NW4R)" inside the "bpc.brres" file. When you do this, a file named "model.MDL0" should appear. If you click on that, a 3D model of the character in a T-pose should appear. If the replaced textures/character appears correctly in the viewing box, then everything should work when loaded in-game.

If this still doesn't fix your problem, if you wouldn't mind, I could try to see whats wrong or even just fix it for you
(since I don't think i'm the best at explaining things : P)

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #7
Ok so, here's what i do:

I exported all the models and placed them on a Driver's file with an already edited model of peach(didn't know if i had to use a raw driver file)and put it on my stuff, the game opened fine, but when i pressed the 1 player part in the screen a green bar appeared down and the message of CTGP when something wrong happens appeared. later after your newest message i checked and all the models were fine(animations included, except for the rosalina edited model which looked kinda strecht), and went and replaced the rs_menu file with rs without changing the name, but the same error happend.

Edit:Something i forgot to mention is that the bpc model had some animations without nothing in them(marked with a red square)

Sin título.png

I legit have no clue why it crashes now :v

gd.png

Last edited:

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
Are you sure you're using BrawlBox? My model views usually look like this
rsview.png
The reason why I'm asking is because a different program may not replace/export things correctly

If you're using DarkyBenji's Gardevoir I doubt that's the issue, his textures are usually some of the most well-made ones. However, the green bar and CTGP message are a definite sign that the game cannot read the file correctly, so something is wrong. I just can't exactly tell what from what you have told me. If you want to send me the Driver.brres that you've loaded everything onto, I can look at it and try to tell you what the issue is.

EDIT:
the baby peach files you have inside the red square should have files inside them. They should look something like this:
bpc.png

Last edited:
OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #9
no, i used brresviewer instead, i checked now with brawlbox and realized something:

Even though the rosalina model was still strecht like in the picture, it had the AnmTexPat folder that bpc had.
Rosalina's files:
bs.png

Baby Peach's(bpc)files(bpc has AnmChr too of course):
bb.png

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
Yes, you're correct. Both files should look like that. Except for the fact that your Rosalina is missing a file in the AmnTextPat Folder, but im not sure it would cause a crash.

did you test the "Driver.brres" file in-game every time you replaced a texture? If you did it would be easier to identify and isolate the file that caused the crash. If so, did it crash after you replaced Rosalina or after you replaced Baby Peach?

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #11
It crashed when i opened the game with only rosalina and only baby peach, but only with rosalina only the green bar appeared

let me send a file with the 2 .brres files

Attachments

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
I just tested a Gardevoir from this link and everything loaded correctly. If you also downloaded yours from this link i can definitely say that its not the file itself causing the crash, also it sounds like you replaced everything correctly so I don't think it's your fault either. If you didn't download your file from this link, I would recommend doing so and trying the process once again.

I will try testing the kirby file you sent and see if that gives me any issues and update in a few

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
I just tested the kirby file you sent me and everything loaded perfectly. I'm quite confused as to why you keep having these problems because everything is fine on my end. It must be some other file that is causing the crash, or a problem that is caused by some mishap in the replacing aspect of the file editing.

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #18
...it still crashed, and know both got a green bar.

Im just going to give up at this point

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
If you send me the links to all of the mods you want to have on the "Driver.szs" file, I could transfer all of the files myself and see if that solves the issues? I'm still not sure what causes the crash in your files.

OP
Aless50
Team
Nebula
Switch
0298-9515-5016
Wiimmfi
4902-2657-8040
Thread Starter #20