[SOLVED] Custom Character Question

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
For the past few days, I've been trying to create a new custom character for Mario Kart Wii, Kirlia.
First, I struggled with the model and the polygon count and bone rigging and all that, but eventually I figured out how to fix all of those issues.
Secondly, I had problems with importing the model and getting all of the textures to show up on the preview and blah blah blah, and I thought I had it figured out.

Then I loaded the file into the game, and the model was working just fine. It could use some improvements, but hey, it's my first time trying this. The bones seem to all be rigged to the correct parts, and the hair doesn't look that weird.

However, something that really can't be swept under the rug is the broken shading. I mean this thing is so white, bright, and blinding, it hurts my eyes. The bad thing is I have no clue how to fix it. Not one. From the front, back, and side views, nothing changes. In certain shady areas (tunnels, under shadows, etc.), a minimal amount of color can be seen, and the eyes show up when in reverse. Also, at random times, parts of the character flash a glitch black and grey texture. [ see pictures below ]

yep I know these pictures are terrible and obviously taken off of my phone but its the best I could do, my apologies.
IMG_6164.jpg
IMG_6165.jpg
IMG_6169.jpg
IMG_6195.jpg

So please, If you have any knowledge of making custom characters, know how to edit/import the pertaining files,
or can point me in the right direction, that would be a giant help. Thanks in advance!​

Last edited:
OP
mkwbenjamin

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
Thread Starter #2
jk somehow I worked the issues out in-game. the model in brawlbox is all white but oh well

edit: never mind I fixed that too

Last edited: