• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Site Layout and Design Changelog

Nozzles

I need new ways to waste my time
Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
* I have stepped down from being in charge of the design of the website. This role will be filled by another individual soon.

_______________________________________________​

This thread will be used as a means of posting any notable changes made to the general layout of the website. Changes may include theme updates and releases, new sections added, removed, or combined, new roles created, as well as minor format changes to the website layout, such as padding/spacing adjustments.

Apart from updates posted by myself or staff, please feel free to give any feedback, good, bad, or constructive, that you believe would be beneficial in sharing pertaining to the updates that are released. I am currently the main person in charge of themes and the general look of the forum, so any opinions are welcome.

All updates will be in (MM/DD/YY) format:

Update (06/03/18):
  • Mario Kart Boards created
    The official forums are created, all headers, sections, and layout are established.

Update (06/05/18):
  • MKBoards Dark (Red Shell)
    A Dark theme for Mario Kart Boards featuring red accents and design.

Update (06/18/18):
  • MKBoards Light and Default Theme
    The official Mario Kart Boards default theme. A light/white theme featuring red and blue accents and design, with a colorful banner made by user @Rush.

Update (06/19/18):
  • MKBoards Dark (Blue Shell) and MKBoards Dark (Green Shell)
    Two Dark themes for Mario Kart Boards. As their names suggest, they feature blue and green accents and designs respectively.

• Avatar sizes increase from 92x92 to 155x155
    Enjoy larger avatar sizes.

Update (06/26/18):
  • Additional user group banners and roles created
    World Cup Staff, WL Staff, MKU Staff, and Banned user groups created, font-weight slightly increased.

Update (06/28/18):
  • Increased the width of the sidebar, slightly reduced the font-size
    This should slightly reduce the length of the sidebar, while making sections such as "Latest Posts" look a little nicer.
Update (07/01/18):
  • Removed 'Home' button
    The 'Home' button functioned the exact same way as the 'Forums' button.

• Username highlight changes
    Previously, when hovering your cursor over a username, only normal users would have their name highlighted. There was no effect when hovering your cursor over anyone whom belonged to a user group. This has now been changed.

• Mobile menu change
    A dark theme menu on mobile was also very difficult to read, colors have now been adjusted.

Update (07/02/18):
  • Tidied up "Followers Profile Post" box
    Stripped away a lot of the extra bits, tried to make it look a bit more simplistic and less page-stretching.
Update (08/26/18):
  • Twitter Box added to the sidebar
    Easily keep up with what's going on in the community, site news, tournaments, leagues, and more.

• Changes to stickied threads
    Stickied threads have been given a slight background-color change in order to help differentiate them from normal threads.

• Changes to page numbers (Light Theme)
    Page numbers on the light theme have been given a minor recolor as well as a darker border to help them stand out more, both in general and individually.

Update (08/30/18):
  • Forum banner is now clickable
    Conveniently return to the main page by clicking anywhere on the banner image.

• 'Best answer' posts color-change
    Posts which had received the status of 'best answer' in question-threads were previously unreadable on dark themes.
Update (09/06/18):
  • Updates to the Stream Tab
    Several visual updates to the stream tab - Online stream windows are now properly highlighted in the list, the stream container has been made darker on Dark Themes for easier viewing, tabs on the Light Theme have been adjusted for more consistency, etc.
Update (09/30/18):
  • Updates to themes
    Several small updates have been applied to all themes:
    Light Themes:
    - Block headers have been made thinner with slightly reduced text​
    - Sticky sections of thread lists have been changed to be more consistent​
    - "Post Thread..." button has been changed from orange to red for more consistency​
    - Spoiler tags and other buttons have been visually altered​
    Dark Themes:
    - Main Forum Banners have each been given a darker color respective of which theme you are on, rather than just black​
    - "New Posts" and "Post Thread..." buttons have been changed to be consistent with which theme you are on​
    I have saved all of the old properties, so if there are any problems at all with the new styles, it is easy to revert any changes.
Update (02/27/19):
  • Update to thread prefixes
    There have been several threads popping up recently which feature a thread prefix such as "Custom Tracks," "Division Admin," "Graphic Designer," etc. which have all received graphical revisions to [hopefully] be a little easier on the eyes.
Update (04/17/19):
  • Updates to themes
    Several small updates have been applied to all themes. Majority of updates to dark themes, to create more uniformity and consistency between the three themes.

- Posts within threads have been slightly compressed​
    - User post-arrow has been removed​
    - Spoiler menu buttons on dark themes have been slightly darkened to blend in a bit more​
    - All quote boxes, likes, text boxes, thread locks, etc. have been changed to be consistent with one another in appearance​
    - "DENIED," "DENIED - LATE," and "ERROR" prefixes have been added to the Wiimmfi and Elite League sections​
    - Lounge Staff names have been made slightly lighter within membership cards for increased readability​

Update (04/22/19):
  • New prefixes and updates to old ones
    This is just a small update to prefixes for various sections spanning the forum.

- You will now be able to label your clan threads with "Recruiting," "Not Recruiting," and "Invite Only" prefixes.​
    - WL/EL Staff application prefixes have been slightly updated in appearance​
Update (05/10/19):
  • MKBoards Dark (Animal Crossing Winter)
    A dark theme featuring the Mario Kart 8 track Animal Crossing (Winter).

Update (05/12/19):
  • Transparency Adjustment
    The icons located on the main page to symbolize read and unread sections of the forum have had their "transparency" removed and adjusted to actually be transparent.
Update (06/16/19):
  • New Add-on: Thread Viewers
    A new add-on has been enabled for the forum that displays active viewers at the top of threads.

Last edited:
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #2
Additional user group banners and roles created
World Cup Staff, WL Staff, MKU Staff, and Banned user groups created, font-weight slightly increased.

Just as a side note: If you are an owner of one or more of these roles and banners on the previous site (mkboards), it will be transferred to your account here once the site "officially" goes live on July 1st. This includes the Supporter role, as well. You may notice some users already have the supporter role, that was a mistake on my part, sorry.

I appreciate your patience.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #3
Increased the width of the sidebar, slightly reduced the font-size
This should slightly reduce the length of the sidebar, while making sections such as "Latest Posts" look a little nicer.
Before:

After:

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #4
Removed 'Home' button
The 'Home' button functioned the exact same way as the 'Forums' button.

Username highlight changes
Previously, when hovering your cursor over a username, only normal users would have their name highlighted. There was no effect when hovering your cursor over anyone whom belonged to a user group. This has now been changed.

Mobile menu change
A dark theme menu on mobile was also very difficult to read, colors have now been adjusted.
Before:

After:

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #5
Tidied up "Followers Profile Post" box
Stripped away a lot of the extra bits, tried to make it look a bit more simplistic and less page-stretching.
Before:

After:

* This box only displays if you are following someone and they have made a profile comment somewhere

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #6
Twitter Box added to the sidebar
Easily keep up with what's going on in the community, site news, tournaments, leagues, and more.

Changes to stickied threads
Stickied threads have been given a slight background-color change in order to help differentiate them from normal threads.

Changes to page numbers (Light Theme)
Page numbers on the light theme have been given a minor recolor as well as a darker border to help them stand out more, both in general and individually.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #7
Forum banner is now clickable
Conveniently return to the main page by clicking anywhere on the banner image.

'Best answer' posts color-change
Posts which had received the status of 'best answer' in question-threads were previously unreadable on dark themes.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #8
Updates to the Stream Tab
Several visual updates to the stream tab - Online stream windows are now properly highlighted in the list*, the stream container has been made darker on Dark Themes for easier viewing, tabs on the Light Theme have been adjusted for more consistency, etc.

* Some of these were a little messy to work with, so there's a chance some things may look off. I'll get to them when I can if that's the case.​

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #9
Updates to themes
Several small updates have been applied to all themes:
Light Themes:
- "Post Thread..." button has been changed from orange to red for more consistency​
Dark Themes:
- Main Forum Banners have each been given a darker color respective of which theme you are on, rather than just black​
- "New Posts" and "Post Thread..." buttons have been changed to be consistent with which theme you are on​
I have saved all of the old properties, so if there are any problems at all with the new styles, it is easy to revert any changes.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #10
Updates to thread prefixes
There have been several threads popping up recently which feature a thread prefix such as "Custom Tracks," "Division Admin," "Graphic Designer," etc. which have all received graphical revisions to [hopefully] be a little easier on the eyes.

Just as a side-note: I have been working on increasing the number of themes; and several of them are in the works, already. Due to being rather busy at the moment, I do not have an ETA on when I will be finished with these. They should be finished within the coming month or two, however.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #11
Updates to themes
Several small updates have been applied, primarily to dark themes, to create more uniformity and consistency between the three themes.

- Posts within threads have been slightly compressed (Applies to all themes)​
- User post-arrow has been removed (Applies to all themes)​
- Spoiler menu buttons on dark themes have been slightly darkened to blend in a bit more​
- All quote boxes, likes, text boxes, thread locks, etc. have been changed to be consistent with one another in appearance​
- "DENIED," "DENIED - LATE," and "ERROR" prefixes have been added to the Wiimmfi and Elite League sections​
- Lounge Staff names have been made slightly lighter within membership cards for increased readability​

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #12
New prefixes and updates to old ones
This is just a small update to prefixes for various sections spanning the forum.

- You will now be able to label your clan threads with "Recruiting," "Not Recruiting," and "Invite Only" prefixes.​
- WL/EL Staff application prefixes have been slightly updated in appearance​

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #13
New Theme: MKBoards Dark (Animal Crossing Winter)
A dark theme featuring the Mario Kart 8 track Animal Crossing (Winter).
This was a very popular theme on the old website, so I wanted to bring it to the new forum, as well.

I worked pretty hard on this one, so I hope people like it. The code is pretty lengthy, so I may have missed some things here and there. I'll continue to monitor for anything that looks off and fix it when I see it.

More track-related themes will be released in the future including Neo Bowser City.
I will also try to find some lighter tracks for additional light themes too, as not everyone is into the darker themes.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #14
Transparency Adjustment
The icons located on the main page to symbolize read and unread sections of the forum have had their "transparency" removed and adjusted to actually be transparent. (Long overdue)

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #15
New Add-on: Thread Viewers
A new add-on has been enabled for the forum that displays active viewers at the top of threads.

~Maidvelia~

NEW ERA: Agency Returns November 2019
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
New Add-on: Hot Threads
A new add-on has been enabled for the forum that displays threads with equal to or more than a specified number of replies, via a flame icon next to the thread title. Right now the threshold we chose is 30 replies.