• We have recently made a lot of site changes we'd like you to know about! Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter // Facebook

[S15] CTWL Format Poll

S15 CTWL Format

• Randomized Track List

• Seasonal Track List

• Protect and Bans

Results are only viewable after voting.

CallumSCO

Supporter
Team
Succeed or Perish
If tracks were to be banned for lack of playability, I agree with a few Calum said, but most I don't and heres why.

Wuhu Mountain
Overpowered shortcut
What you gotta keep in mind is that the "overpowered" cut is at the very beginning of the track, and even then it only saves around 3 seconds (around the same as GV respawn)

Sixth King Labyrinth
Overpowered Shortcut
The cut only saves around 4 seconds, and if you get ts'd you lose a bunch of time.

Red Loop
Fireballs are tightly spaced, very little margin for error in the last turn
It is possible to learn the patterns of the fireballs, and there are multiple ways to traverse them so it's difficult to trap that section.

Shadow Woods
Could create same track pick problem as with Daisy, If a team was down by 100 going into gp3 they could go magikruiser and pick this, Haunted woods, and Green Park and potentially comeback.
The cut has minor offroad, and can function simarly to the maple cut when taking it with no shroom, so I don't believe it is overpowered to do cut with magi, especially considering the disadvantages that magi has.

Item Fireland
Fire tunnel is oob in the last section before finish line, can be very damaging
The fire at the end is easy enough to avoid, plus this is one of the most picked tracks in skrims/lounge.

Sparkly Road
Op for whoever starts in second place, Baggers have a lot more than 30 seconds to race each other after race ends
While I do agree that the starting position sucks for 1st, I don't believe the track should be banned for this, as it is possible for first to still be in first after the first ramp.

Winter Paradise
Last ramp has max value offroad in a reasonable landing range if you aim slightly of optimal line or get bumped
If you go wide at the end you won't hit the offroad. Sure that's a poor track design but its your fault if you hit it after the first time playing the track.

SNES Ghost Valley 1
Visibility is horrible, can hardly see a wall until you hit it, off road section is random and nearly invisible.
Visibility isn't poor imo, and the offroads are coloured different from the rest of the track.

Toad Raceway
Overpowered shortcut
This 'OP' cut I believe is balanced by its difficulty, along with the fact that it has an easy offroad cut right after it.

Melting Magma Melee
The big hill with the sticky track after can sometimes send players flying off the track.
If you aim straight and don't get bumped you can pass through this section with no hassle. I think the issue is too small to justify a ban.

Sandcastle Park
Broken shortcut, even more broken when done with a single shroom
With two shrooms I'd compare this cut to something like the mushroom gorge gap jump, and with one shroom I believe no one would be trying the strat online due to its difficulty.

SNES Bowser Castle 2
Extremely narrow section of road before last turn also made more challenging and tight by fireball bowser.
The path isn't that narrow, it splits into two and I think it's easy enough to avoid the Bowser Fireballs

To be completely honest I don't think any track should be getting banned aside from the already banned tracks but whats my opinion lol

As Protect and Ban seems to be an overwhelmingly popular option, I have developed a hypothetical list that I believe are tracks that could be banned under the restriction below with reasons why they could be banned. This is an opinion, and debate or comments on the tracks would be greatly appreciated

Calidae Desert

• Overpowered shortcut

F-Zero White Land

• Hairpin turn (Image did not work) can effectively force non-daisy to slow down beyond normal drifting to take it, especially with a fib

Green Park

• Somewhat overpowered shortcut
Haunted Woods

• Overpowered shortcut/ absolute death if tsed in the short cut
Item Fireland

• Fire tunnel is oob in the last section before finish line, can be very damaging
Melting Magma Melee

• The big hill with the sticky track after can sometimes send players flying off the track.
Red Loop

• Fireballs are tightly spaced, very little margin for error in the last turn
Sacred Fogcoast

• Fog is a little to thick in some sections and can make traps impossible to avoid
Sandcastle Park

• Broken shortcut, even more broken when done with a single shroom

Shadow Woods

• Could create same track pick problem as with Daisy, If a team was down by 100 going into gp3 they could go magikruiser and pick this, Haunted woods, and Green Park and potentially comeback.
Sixth King Labyrinth

• Overpowered Shortcut

SNES Bowser Castle 2

• Extremely narrow section of road before last turn also made more challenging and tight by fireball bowser.
SNES Ghost Valley 1

• Visibility is horrible, can hardly see a wall until you hit it, off road section is random and nearly invisible.

Sparkly Road

• Op for whoever starts in second place, Baggers have a lot more than 30 seconds to race each other after race ends
Toad Raceway

• Overpowered shortcut

Winter Paradise

• Last ramp has max value offroad in a reasonable landing range if you aim slightly of optimal line or get bumped
Wuhu Mountain

• Overpowered shortcut
shuttup u just suck