• Staff are currently aware of users being unable to register for the site; we are deeply sorry and working fast to help to fix it. Join the official MKB discord server here, make a support ticket, and provide your preferred email and username.
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter

[S14] Seedings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind honestly... ofc you deserve to be in d4 and there are worse teams than us in d4 just saying.
Of course there are. But no one of them offered to swap :D and I don't mind playing d5 either but we want other teams to have fun aswell

zatlo

Of course there are. But no one of them offered to swap :D and I don't mind playing d5 either but we want other teams to have fun aswell
Council will decide and as i mentioned before i dont mind if we play in d4 or d5.

Monyz

Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
You are playing a competitive league with a promotion-based system for seedings.
If you want to promote a real promotion based system you should start by preventing this top tier players sneaking their way into bottom divs to boost their ego. You can't have a real promotion system when most of the times teams only improve their roster. and not their actual gameplay. and D3 is a great example of that (before i keep going just wanted to point out that i don't have anything against the teams our the players i'm about to mention. neither their decision. just using you as an example)

Let's start with MaL. They already have Azmact which already show how op he is last season. and now they got pikky, another talented player

GAMT added mark which has a good amount of experience in the top2 divs, trippy and aron, both underrated players

EXO had a major change in their lu with the addition of goomba darti and joshuk and zane(they added him last season) they are nothing compared to the team i choke the semis back in s10.

tr lu is completely different compared to last season. a mix of JJ+MV+EU(that died before we whoop their ass for a 3rd time. still waiting for the rematch @iDaylon )

k`s and Mo were the only team jumping out of the ''comfortable zone'' without any major roster changes compared to the other teams. i'm not upset we didn't get seeded in d4. obviously neither of both teams would fit there. i'm upset we got seeded in a division with a huge skill gap because every other team got their roster boosted up. having top tier players in lower divs is just broken. they have a much easier time dropping big pts. and all they need is the rest of the team score avg pts. if these teams i mentioned didn't have these major roster changes. this division wouldn't have such skillgap and would have a more fair competition. where the team that actually worked harder would be rewarded.

if you really want a real promotion system in the league you need to stop this smuggling business caus that's just broken

Saik

Supporter
Team
Imperial State of Volo
If you want to promote a real promotion based system you should start by preventing this top tier players sneaking their way into bottom divs to boost their ego. You can't have a real promotion system when most of the times teams only improve their roster. and not their actual gameplay. and D3 is a great example of that (before i keep going just wanted to point out that i don't have anything against the teams our the players i'm about to mention. neither their decision. just using you as an example)

Let's start with MaL. They already have Azmact which already show how op he is last season. and now they got pikky, another talented player

GAMT added mark which has a good amount of experience in the top2 divs, trippy and aron, both underrated players

EXO had a major change in their lu with the addition of goomba darti and joshuk and zane(they added him last season) they are nothing compared to the team i choke the semis back in s10.

tr lu is completely different compared to last season. a mix of JJ+MV+EU(that died before we whoop their ass for a 3rd time. still waiting for the rematch @iDaylon )

k`s and Mo were the only team jumping out of the ''comfortable zone'' without any major roster changes compared to the other teams. i'm not upset we didn't get seeded in d4. obviously neither of both teams would fit there. i'm upset we got seeded in a division with a huge skill gap because every other team got their roster boosted up. having top tier players in lower divs is just broken. they have a much easier time dropping big pts. and all they need is the rest of the team score avg pts. if these teams i mentioned didn't have these major roster changes. this division wouldn't have such skillgap and would have a more fair competition. where the team that actually worked harder would be rewarded.

if you really want a real promotion system in the league you need to stop this smuggling business caus that's just broken
I'd say we've done a decent job at limiting the amount of high div players in low divs to around (2?) per team. We can't just randomly tell Azmact that he's banned from playing with MaL when I'm pretty sure he's had friends in the community there for years.

We can't control roster swaps and tell 90% of teams that try to change their rosters every season BEFORE seedings are posted that they can't play. We CAN control teams that try to edit their rosters AFTER seedings are posted. Which we've already started doing. You have to realize that teams are in certain divisions for different reasons.

(Not using any specific examples here cos I don't even pay attention to rosters that much): some D3 teams are D3 because they have a wide array of players at the D3 skill level and only that skill level. However, some other teams in D3 may have 1-2 D1/2 players and then a large array of D4-5 players. It doesn't really matter too much if it doesn't balance out PERFECTLY in the end because what this does is create more competition in the league by making players of that skill level play against teams that are slightly above them in skill level.

Spade24

NSanity
CTL Staff
RL Staff
Former CL Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
Multiverse
NNID
xSpade24
Wiimmfi
5243-7160-5304
GL D3 regs and D2 CTS!

OP
Niko

Niko

Lounge Staff
Thread Starter #48
We will make one small adjustment to Season 14's seedings (this will be the only one)

The WL Council has decided to switch In$ane with Team APE, which would lead to:

In$ane going from Division 5 up to Division 4,
Team APE going from Division 4 to Division 5.

Their case could be considered to be one of a rarer kind due to the fact unlike many other cases, both teams (with justifications like the teams's skill levels as well as rosters or experience vs higher skilled teams in general) agreeing to this change.
It was also one of the more popular proposals from the community so we felt like we should go along with them in this regard, seeing how many matters and things work into this favour.

This has already been said but please do not attempt to point further things about seedings out.
After this change has been performed, there will be no further changes to this season's seedings.

Good Luck to everyone participating (and don't forget to request your rep roles if you haven't).

Status
Not open for further replies.