• We have recently made a lot of site changes we'd like you to know about! Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter // Facebook

[RTWL] Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

MKPS Staff
WL Staff
Media Staff
Team
Dαιsγ | υτ
The purpose of this thread is to log every change made to WL's ruleset, so everyone can clearly see what has been updated.
Said updates will always be announced by the Staff of Wiimmfi League on the Wiimmfi League's Discord Server.

Discord Server Link

It was also made in order to comply with this rule:
e. Rule changes made mid-season will apply for all matches played after the change has been made with the
exception of reschedules (at the staff's discretion). An announcement thread or post will be made for any and all rule changes.

The RTWL Ruleset can be found here

Niko

MKPS Staff
Update

Rework of VI. Game Modifications from b. to c.

b. If a CTGP-R player uses any prohibited game modification(s) (video proof required), a penalty will be given based on how severely the game modification may have affected the match.
b.i. A player caught using a game modification from the 'My Stuff' folder will receive a penalty of 30 points per race (150 point cap) or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater) until the setting is corrected.​
b.ii. A host caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" or "Custom Tracks", Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", Item Rain set to "ON", All Items Can Land set to "ON", and/or Item Boxes set to "OFF" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​
b.iii. A host caught with Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.​
b.iv. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the match may proceed unless a reset is requested. If requested, the host must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.​
b.v. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. The same must be done if the setting is different than the one mutually agreed upon. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap).​
b.vi. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played.​
b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, his/her team will lose a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information) each time a Grand Prix ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.​
b.viii. If a host is caught with Room Encryption set to "ON" and the room doesn't freeze, the war may proceed without any penalty. Otherwise, the host's team will lose one of their resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and the host must correct the setting. If the host refuses to correct the setting, his/her team will forfeit the match.​
b.ix. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Network Data Rate set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​
c. If an ISO user uses any illegal game modification (as stated in rule VI. a.ii.), his/her team will receive a penalty of 150 points or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater).

b. If a CTGP-R player uses any prohibited game modification(s) (video proof required), a penalty will be given based on how severely the game modification may have affected the match.
*b.i. A player caught using a game modification from the 'My Stuff' folder will receive a penalty of 30 points per race (150 point cap) or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater) until the setting is corrected. Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​
*b.ii. A host caught with Track Availability set to "Custom Tracks" or "All Tracks", Thundercloud Autofire set to "OFF", Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", Room Encryption set to "OFF", Item Rain set to "ON", All Items Can Land set to "ON", and/or Item Boxes set to "OFF" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​
b.iii. A host caught with Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.​
b.iv. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the match may proceed unless a reset is requested. If requested, the host must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.​
b.v. A host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. The same must be done if the setting is different than the one mutually agreed upon. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap).​
b.vi. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (240 point cap).​
b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, his/her team will lose a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information) each time a Grand Prix ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.​
b.viii. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Network Data Rate set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​

b.i -> Punishment changed + Strike rule
b.ii. -> Strike rule
b.v. and b.vi -> wording changed
old b.viii. -> removed
old b.ix. -> new b.viii.
c. -> removed

Addition of rule c.ii. for VII Hosting

c.ii. Teams can mutually agree on joining the room in a "a-b-a-b" pattern (Team A joins first, Team B joins second, Team A joins third,...).

Reason: We're fine with letting teams do this as long as they can manage this on their own.

Niko

MKPS Staff
Addition to section VI.

a.i. All hosts have to show their conditionals to their opponent and turn the 'My Stuff' Folder and 'Allow My Stuff users?' settings to one of the following:

1) [OFF] 'My Stuff' Folder and [NRT] 'Allow My Stuff users?'
2) [NRT] 'My Stuff Folder and [NRT] 'Allow My Stuff users?' <- These are the default settings

[NRT] -> [No Replaced Tracks]

Reason: Due to being capable of bypassing this, hosts are required to do conditionals to ensure that they aren't using wrong settings for the match. However, once it has been dealt with properly, this rule may either disappear or be fixed to the extent that hosts do not need to perform conditionals anymore

Note: Option 2 depicts the default Settings but hosts may switch their 'My Stuff' Folder off as mentioned in option 1.

Niko

MKPS Staff
Fixing of rule VI. a.i. CTGP Revolution Settings

a.i. All hosts have to show their conditionals to their opponent in order to prove they have the right settings for 'My Stuff' Folder and 'Allow My Stuff users?'. Settings for 'Room Encryption' as well as 'Only allow CTGP users?' have to be enabled correctly as well.
The person responsible for checking a host's conditionals has to make sure the host has the correct settings.
Should a host fail to use the correct settings for a match, they will be host banned.
The person responsible for checking a host's conditionals will also be striked in addition if a host is seen to be using wrong Settings.
Changes in italics
Reason: Punishment needed to be defined here properly + because of this as well.​

Niko

MKPS Staff
some more rule edits/additions/removals!
Edits in the new rules will be highlighted like this

g. If approved by council beforehand, players registered for a lower-division subset of a team may play a match for a higher-division subset of that same Team.

g. If the opposing team and Council are notified beforehand in the discord team representative chat, players registered for a lower-division subset of a team may play a match for a higher-division subset of that same Team.

Reasoning: Council may be busy playing their own Matches + a quick tagging of Council as well as notifying the opponent shouldn't harm anyone.

*h.i. If, during the time period of the match, an unregistered FC is proven to belong to a player registered for the correct team, no penalty will be given.

*h.i. If, during the time period of the match, an unregistered FC is proven to belong to a player registered for the correct team, a strike will be given instead.

Reasoning: clarifying the rule just in case.

f. If and only if two teams from the same team are playing each other, the team which is officially registered as Team 2 must put the character "2" after its tag (ex: If two teams from Charged Brigade played each other, Charged Brigade 1 would use the tag "¢β" and Charged Brigade 2 would use the tag "¢β2").

f. If and only if two sister teams are playing each other (ex: Charged Brigade and Charged Brigade 2), the teams may choose to use an alternative tag to play with as long as Council, the Division Admin and the opposing team are all notified in the discord chat before the opening of the room.

Reasoning: The old rule implies that both teams have to use i.e. cB and cB2. There is no harm in making both sister teams use completely different appropriate tags if they want.

Addition of V.a.ii. (will be put in a spoiler on the ruleset) - separators

a.ii. The following symbols are considered a separator:
- [ ] \ / ‘ # ! “ % ^ & * ( ) _ | ` { } ? @ ~ ; , . = < > + : ¿ ¡ « » · - × ÷ = ± ∞ ™ º ª ♭ ♪ * ← → ↑ ↓ ΄ ΅ ☆ ★ ○ ● ◎ ◇ ◆ □ ■ © △ ▲ ▽ ▼ ¦ ∴ 、 。 ? ! ー 「 」' ※ 〒 • … (space)

Reasoning: People always ask which symbols are considered separators, this makes it easy for people to tell and they don’t need to ask.

Removal of VI.a.i - host conditionals

a.i. All hosts have to show their conditionals to their opponent in order to prove they have the right settings for 'My Stuff' Folder and 'Allow My Stuff users?'. Settings for 'Room Encryption' as well as 'Only allow CTGP users?' have to be enabled correctly as well.
The person responsible for checking a host's conditionals has to make sure the host has the correct settings.
Should a host fail to use the correct settings for a match, they will be host banned.
The person responsible for checking a host's conditionals will also be striked in addition if a host is seen to be using wrong Settings.

Reasoning: we no longer require them anymore.

b.vi. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (240 point cap).

b.vi. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (240 point cap). This rule does not apply if the Race Count is mutually agreed to be either 6 or 12 races. If the setting is mutually agreed to 6 races, the rule is altered to fit the agreed Race Count.

Reasoning: In case people use 6 or 12 races.

*b. Hosts must reset the room if requested.

*b. Hosts must reset the room when requested and if the requesting team has resets remaining.

Reasoning: Clarity, the old rule may make people think the host has to reset the room regardless if the opposing team does not have any resets left.

*c. Before opening the room, the hosting team must provide the opposing team with a host friend code and wait for the opposing team to give permission to open the room. If no confirmation to open the room has been given 5 minutes after the scheduled match time, the room may be opened.

*c. Before opening the room, the hosting team must provide the opposing team with a host friend Code and the format 10 minutes prior to the start time. They have to wait for the opposing team to give permission to open the room. If no confirmation to open the room has been given 5 minutes after the scheduled match time, the room may be opened.

Reasoning: Teams were technically able to give the opposing team host at 2:04.59 and then open at 2:05 and get top 4 in room. The newly added part makes it so teams aren’t being stupid to each other.

g.v. If a player on the opposing team is kicked from the room during a kickstart or when kicking a player not participating in the war, rule g.i. is nullified. If this happens after the room starts, however, the host must immediately reset the room at the cost of one of the hosting team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information).

g.v. If a player on the opposing team is kicked from the room during a kickstart or when kicking a player not participating in the war, rule g.i. is nullified. If a host kicks a player that is supposed to participate, the host must immediately reset the room at the cost of one of the hosting team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information).

Reasoning: Old rule was a bit confusing, new rule makes it more clear for people to read.

*h. After a reset, the host will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes to let players join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the current lineup of the hosting team. If a second offense occurs (in the same match or a different one), then a host ban will ensue for the said lineup and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the away team (the host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class).

*h. After a reset, the host will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes to let players join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the current lineup of the hosting team. If a second offence occurs (in the same match or a different one), then a host ban will ensue for the said lineup and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the away team (the host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class).

Reasoning: 10 minutes should be still sufficient enough for players to rejoin.

f.i. If a player provides video evidence that the CTGP randomizer was responsible for selecting a track that has already been played (without having a cup pre-selected), then no penalty will be given for the repick.

f.i. If a player provides video evidence of their screen that the CTGP randomizer was responsible for selecting a track that has already been played (without having a cup pre-selected), then no penalty will be given for the repick.

Reasoning: Teams can abuse this to get tracks they like to be repeated. They can wait until the 30 seconds hit, pick the track and play an audio clip of the randomizer in call and they can get a track they want and use the call as evidence.

Addition of XVI.c.

c. Any matches in playoffs that consist of one 12 race match is to be played at default time of the respective week unless mutually agreed. Any match-up that is more than 12 races must be mutually agreed. Any match-up that consists of either team needing to win 2 matches must be mutually agreed.

Reasoning: No scheduled time for playoffs in the ruleset, gives more teams clarity.

Niko

MKPS Staff
Edits in green and bold

a. Six-Team-Divisions
a.i. Before the start of the season, Team Representatives will be voting for their teams in order to choose between having playoffs or no playoffs. There are 2 choices to pick from this:​
- No Playoffs (in this case, a 10 week season will take place)​
- Playoffs (needs a 4-2 vote in favor for this)​
a.ii. Playoffs will include 3 more weeks to the season with top 4 teams making it and the weeks will be performed in the following manner:​
- [W11] 3rd seed vs 4th seed (Bo1), 3rd seed determines ruleset​
- [W12] 2nd seed vs winner of [W11] (Bo1), 2nd seed determines ruleset​
- [W13] 1st seed vs winner of [W12] but 1st only needs to win once while opponent needs to win twice: 1st seed determines ruleset first and then opponent in the next match if necessary​

a. Six-Team-Divisions
a.i. No Playoffs will be performed; a main Season consisting of 10 weeks will be played.
a.ii. Should two teams tie for first place on the final standings, a Best-of-3 series will take place.

Reasoning: Either format didn't really work out for a smaller pool of teams (6-team-divisions); one would disregard the main season for first place especially, one would ultimately buff first place's advantages. Hence the very old traditional format (10 weeks) being a thing again.

Last edited:

Niko

MKPS Staff
Update

VIII. h. and i. Match Structure

h. Regular Season Hosting and Ruleset Choice
h.i. For divisions in which the regular season format is double round-robin (6-team divisions):
#1: The team listed as 'Home' on the schedule for each match will get the first choice of suicide/trolling/schlagbag (see Rule IX) or hosting team.
#2: The team listed as 'Away' on the schedule for each match will get the choice not made by the Home team (i.e. the Home team chooses the host and the Away team chooses suicide/trolling/schlagbag, or vice versa).
h.ii. For divisions in which the regular season format is single round-robin (8-team divisions):
#1: Prior to the season, the teams will be ordered randomly from 1 through 8, and the 'Home' teams shall be designated for each match as such (this will override any Home/Away designations on the schedule):
Team 1 is Home vs. Team 2, Team 3, Team 4, and Team 5
Team 2 is Home vs. Team 3, Team 4, Team 5, and Team 6
Team 3 is Home vs. Team 4, Team 5, Team 6, and Team 7
Team 4 is Home vs. Team 5, Team 6, Team 7, and Team 8
Team 5 is Home vs. Team 6, Team 7, and Team 8
Team 6 is Home vs. Team 1, Team 7, and Team 8
Team 7 is Home vs. Team 1, Team 2, and Team 8
Team 8 is Home vs. Team 1, Team 2, and Team 3
#2: The 'Home' team for each match will get the first choice of suicide/trolling/schlagbag (see Rule IX) or hosting team.
#3: The 'Away' team for each match will get the choice not made by the Home team (i.e. the Home team chooses the host and the Away team chooses suicide/trolling/schlagbag, or vice versa).

i. Playoff Hosting and Ruleset Choice
i.i. In double-elimination best-of-one playoff matches (i.e. excluding the Grand Finals), the team with the higher regular season finish shall be designated as the Home team.
i.ii. In the Grand Finals of a double-elimination playoff, the team entering with 0 playoff losses will be designated as the Home team in Match 1, and the team entering with 1 playoff loss will be designated as the Home team in Match 2.
i.iii. In a best-of-three tiebreaker match to determine the winner of a 6-team division, the team which would hold 1st place based on the tiebreakers in rule XV will be designated as the Home team in Matches 1 and 3, and the other team will be designated as the Home team in Match 2.
i.iv. The rules for determining hosting team and suicide/trolling/schlagbag during the regular season also apply to playoff Matches.

h. Regular Season Hosting and Ruleset Choice
h.i. For "divisions" that consist of "Conferences" or the traditional double-round-robin (6-team-divisions):
#1: The team listed as 'Home' on the schedule for each match will get the first choice of suicide/trolling/schlagbag/no lapping (see Rule IX) or hosting team.
#2: The team listed as 'Away' on the schedule for each match will get the choice not made by the Home team (i.e. the Home team chooses the host and the Away team chooses suicide/trolling/schlagbag/no lapping, or vice versa).

i. Playoff Hosting and Ruleset Choice
i.i. Each series in Playoffs will be a Best-of-three.
i.ii. In single-elimination best-of-three playoff matches, the higher ranked team will be designated as "Home" team.
i.iii. For Finals, reseeding based on the regular season will be done to determine the "Home" team
i.iv. In a best-of-three tiebreaker match to determine the winner of a "division", the team which would hold 1st place based on the tiebreakers in rule XV will be designated as the Home team in Matches 1 and 3, and the other team will be designated as the "Home" team in Match 2.
i.v. The rules for determining hosting team and suicide/trolling/schlagbag/no lapping during the regular season also apply to Playoffs matches.

Reason: Format changes as well as to keep it a lot shorter.

Addition of a "new" Format (ITL's version of No Lapping)

h. No Lapping
h.i. baggers are not allowed to be overtaken by the runner in 1st.
h.ii. If the bagger has been overtaken by the runner in 1st, they will be unable to move, regardless of whether they are in possession of an item or not. Moving away from the main routes/middle of the track in order for other racers to get by is required from the baggers. Should a bagger claim they have not been lapped, baggers must provide footage of their own in order to negate a potential lap claim.
Split Paths: an lap occurs only once a split path merges into one single path (example: GV's cave section, BCWii's before-glitch section,..)
h.iii. After having been lapped, Baggers cannot use any item they may have had prior to or after the lap -- this includes any item possible; breaking this rule will result in a 20 point penalty.
h.iv. Baggers will not be penalized for taking item boxes from runners before they are lapped by the Racer in 1st, as this gives baggers the opportunity to prevent themselves from being lapped. A penalty of 20 points will be given though if lapped baggers take item boxes which the opponent's runners would have had access to.
h.v. Trolling the runners with any items or by running into course hazards such as bomb karts will result in a 20 point penalty.
h.vi. Lapped baggers are not allowed to avoid getting passed thunder clouds, getting hit by any item or pushed off after they have been lapped, as they are required to stand idle; breaking this rule will result in a 10 point penalty.

Reason: suffieient interest was shown by participants when we asked (Credits to ITL for the improved format as well as EL for the base of these rules).

New XV. Playoffs

XVI. Playoffs

a. Six-Team-Divisions
a.i. No Playoffs will be performed; a main season consisting of 10 weeks will be played.
a.ii. Should two teams tie for first place on the final standings, a Best-of-3 series will take place.

b. Eight-Team Divisions
b.i. Playoffs are pre-determined so no vote for the representatives will happen before the start of the season.
b.ii. The main season consists of 7 weeks.
b.iii. All Playoffs matches will be played as Best of 1 aside from potentially [GF].
b.iv. After [W7] playoffs with 5 weeks will take place in the following manner:
- 1st and 2nd seed in main season are being given an "advantage" for Playoffs by making it into the winner's bracket right away.
- All matches except GFs will have the higher group stage seed choosing format.
- [GF] Grandfinals -> seed from winner's bracket only needs to win once while opponent needs to win twice: seed from winner's bracket determines ruleset first and then opponent in the next match if necessary
c. Any matches in playoffs that consist of one 12 race match is to be played at default time of the respective week unless mutually agreed. Any match-up that is more than 12 races must be mutually agreed. Any match-up that consists of either team needing to win 2 matches must be mutually agreed.

a. Conferences ("8-team-division")
a.i. A best-of-three series will be held for Semifinals and Finals.
a.ii. The top 2 of each conference advances to the Playoffs stage; they will be held in the following manner:

Semifinals
M1: Conference A's #1 seed vs. Conference B's #2 seed
M2: Conference B's #1 seed vs. Conference A's #2 seed

Finals
Winner of M1 vs. Winner of M2
Loser of M1 vs. Loser of M2

b. Traditional WCL format
b.i. No Playoffs; a double-robin-round of 10 weeks will be held.

c. Any match-up that is more than 12 races must be mutually agreed. Staff reserves its right to force a date to play on, should the scheduling take too long.

Reason: needed adjusting after other changes have/had been made.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
R7, U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Update

Change: Addition of rule I. b.i.

b.i. If staff error leads to the individual teams advantage, normal protocols will take place.​

Reason: The KP registry manipulation situation. Staff error will still lead to normal penalties and a 2/3 vote will overrule that if necessary.

Change: Modification of rule IV. e.i.

e.i. If there is sufficient proof that an update has not been performed in time, the player will be considered ineligible to play and may be punished according to IV. g.​
e.i. If there is sufficient proof that an update has not been performed in time, the player will be considered ineligible to play and may be punished according to IV. h.​

Reason: To fix the incorrect rule reference at the end of it.

Change: Modification of all of rule VI. b.

*b.i. A player caught using a game modification from the 'My Stuff' folder will receive a penalty of 30 points per race (150 point cap) or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater) until the setting is corrected. Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.
*b.ii. A host caught with Track Availability set to "Custom Tracks" or "All Tracks", Thundercloud Autofire set to "OFF", Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", Room Encryption set to "OFF", Item Rain set to "ON", All Items Can Land set to "ON", and/or Item Boxes set to "OFF" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.
b.iii. A host caught with Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.
b.iv. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the match may proceed unless a reset is requested. If requested, the host must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.
b.v. A host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. The same must be done if the setting is different than the one mutually agreed upon. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap).
b.vi. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (240 point cap). This rule does not apply if the Race Count is mutually agreed to be either 6 or 12 races. If the setting is mutually agreed to 6 races, the rule is altered to fit the agreed Race Count.
b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, his/her team will lose a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information) each time a Grand Prix ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.
b.viii. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Network Data Rate set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.​

*b.i. If a host is caught using the incorrect settings:

Page 4:
Specific Engine Class Anything but [Normal] (unless mutually agreed)
Race Count Anything but [4] (unless mutually agreed to be 6 or 12)​

The host will be given a strike.​

b.ii. If a player is caught using the incorrect settings:

‘My Stuff’ Folder [YES]​

or if a host is caught using the incorrect settings:

Page 4:
Room Encryption [OFF]
Host Always Wins Vote [ON]

Page 5:
Allow My Stuff users? [YES]​

The host will receive a -15 penalty for each race that is played with the incorrect setting and one (1) strike per match. Each penalty will not stack, having multiple of these settings will still result in -10 per race.​

b.iii. If a host is caught using the incorrect settings:

Page 4:
Thundercloud Autofire Anything but [Normal] (unless mutually agreed)
Thundercloud Effect Anything but [Normal]
Available Vehicles Anything but [All Vehicles] (unless mutually agreed)

Page 5:
Network Data Rate [High] (unless mutually agreed)​

The host will be forced to reset the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, a 30 point penalty per race will be given to the team and a strike will be given to the host. Each penalty will stack for having multiple of these settings.​

b.iv. If a host is caught using the incorrect settings:

Page 4:
Track Availability [Custom Tracks] or [All Tracks]

Page 5:
Item Rain [ON]
All Items Can Land [ON]
Item Boxes [OFF]​

The host will be forced to reset the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will forfeit the match.​

Reasons:
- WAYYY easier to read formatting.
- Major settings violations with a refusal to reset are now an automatic forfeit.
- Moderate settings violations with a refusal to reset no longer have a -150 cap and there is now stacking for multiple settings violations (-30 now goes up to the full -240 + stacking--don't do it!).
- The new penalty for less minor violations is now -15 per race with a -10 per race tacked on for multiple violations at once (12 races for both are -180 and -120 respectively--be mindful of settings!).
- Insignificant settings violations are now a strike. Race Count above 4 was changed to a strike because we're now a CTGP-only league (it's a late change but oh well).

Change: Modification of rule VII. c.

*c. Before opening the room, the hosting team must provide the opposing team with a host friend code and format 10 minutes prior to the start time. They have to wait for the opposing team to give permission to open the room. If no confirmation to open the room has been given 5 minutes after the scheduled match time, the room may be opened.
*c. Before opening the room, the hosting team must provide the opposing team with a host friend code or format 10 minutes prior to the start time. They have to wait for the opposing team to give permission to open the room. If no confirmation to open the room has been given 5 minutes after the scheduled match time, the room may be opened.

Reason: Coincides with the change to home team choosing between hosting or bagging format, not both.

Change: Modification of rule VII. e.

*e. The host must wait a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 5 minutes before starting the room between GPs (continuing the match) unless both teams are in agreement to start sooner or wait longer.
*e. The host must wait until all of the players are labelled as ‘priv’ underneath ‘room, match’ on the Wiimmfi Rooms Page to start the room after the previous GP has ended. The host can wait a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 5 minutes to start the room after everyone is on 'priv' unless both teams agree to start sooner or wait longer (example of 'priv' on the page). If it says anything other than ‘priv’ for any of the players, the room will not start.

Reason: More specific, less room for manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.