• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Regarding The Recent Bans, Removal of Staff, and The Site's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander

yeah
Supporter
"Willingly"

You should look into what child grooming is. Children are incredibly easy to manipulate. I would not say that a child being manipulated into doing sexual favors for an adult is done willingly, even if it may appear that way.
you and many other people on this thread are ignoring one extremely important factor, that being intent. using stunky as an example again, it's important to consider what his intentions were (was he in it to deceive the minor and satisfy himself sexually? or was it a 'pure' relationship?), and as far as i know the intentions have not been proven. to manipulate someone is to take advantage of them in an unfair or dishonest way. you're correct that children are easy to manipulate, and a large amount of relationships similar to this involve some sort of manipulation or power imbalance, but this does not mean that 100% of them do. there will always be exceptions.

Even if these minors actively sought out the relationships with adults, the adults are still the ones in the wrong. The responsibility falls onto the adult to disengage from the relationship.
completely agree with you here and absolutely nobody should oppose this point as it objectively against the law, and therefore anyone breaking said law should be punished.

There are reasons why statutory rape laws exist. Even though statutory rape is not done forcefully, it is still rape. A 14 year old cannot consent to sex with a fully grown adult.
if you're talking legally then yes, a 14 year old and an adult should not be able to engage in sexual intercourse (though of course this may change based on the laws of different parts around the world). if you're talking ethically, then that's extremely debateable and you're merely pushing your morals onto other people without any reason being provided at all. personally, i agree, because the minor will not understand the future consequences as well as a fully grown adult can. i'm sure you see eye to eye with me on that point, but keep in mind that this was not sex. this was an internet relationship, making the consequences very insiginificant in comparison to an actual sexual relationship. stunky still broke the law and should be punished for that, but *if* his intent was not to take advantage of the minor, then his actions are morally permissible, in my opinion. that's a big 'if' though, as we don't know the truth behind this. people need to stop generalising and making assumptions.

Perhaps there was no actual sex involved, but having sexual conversations online often does lead to having sex. Adults trolling for minors online is extremely common. Had these people met up and had sex, the adult would be a rapist because they committed statutory rape.
you're right, sexual conversations can lead to having sex, but in this case it didn't. you could argue that it didn't escalate further because it was publicised, but that's impossible to prove. it doesn't matter what could have happened. what's important is what did, that's what people are punished for. what you said here proves what i was saying previously. there is a line between what happened here and an actual sexual relationship. this could have led up to that, but it did not. they're not the same thing.

You can read news stories about these cases all over the place. It happens all the time, here is one article of many:

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/crim...ry-rape-13-year-old-west-york-girl/745092002/

Not a 14 year old, but close enough.

In fact, I don't think linking that article was really necessary. Just watch Chris Hansen's "To Catch a Predator" and you'll see that all of these attempted rapes happened from adults seeking out minors in chatrooms.
the difference between our case and the examples you gave is that they actually met the minor and intended to have sex with them. in fact, as far as i know every single case from to catch a predator the adult is actively seeking out a child to have sex with.

Now tell me, would you say that someone who has been raped isn't a victim? That's just straight up victim blaming.
this is a huge leap in logic from my point of view. i imagine that you and many others most likely misinterpet the victim point (though some people are arguing that all kids in this situaton are to be blamed. i disagree with them). the argument is not that all children who go through these horrible things are not victims, or even some of them. it's that some children don't go through these horrible things in the first place. we don't know what stunky's intentions were, nor whether or not the minor was even harmed in the slightest. all people are doing is making are assumptions over and over again.

Last edited:
Team
Arcadia
Unfortunate situation all around. Not a fan of the minors being listed publically as people that were sexually offended though being honest. Besides that I give major props to Sabby for getting to the bottom of this instead of letting this get swept under the rug - the fact it had a chance to be is honestly embarrassing (the rule update initially seemed like it tried to help as well in that case at first). It would've been 100% curtains if this was swept under so Sabby high key saved the integrity of the site.

Speaking from personal experience, I've never mentioned this before and I won't name the individual but I was sent a dick pick around 14 years old as a minor in the community and trying to hit me up. Just said no and never talked to them again and moved on. So I can't really share the sentiment of being groomed or pressured in these types of things. You can say it's because I'm straight but back then I was questioning my sexuality a lot so I wasn't too sure what I was back then so I don't think that's a valid argument. Legally, minors shouldn't be punished in this situation but I honestly share the same sentiment they were aware of what they doing and willingly did it and had the mental capacity to not to do it (I don't think they should be publicized though).

If you think im lying then you should ask the people running it.
The people running the LAN should be banned if this stays from the community, honestly lmao, actually a joke. Everyone involved should be banned on lounge/discord community groups as well, not just MKB and WL/EL, especially since 90% of activity in this game seem to be lounge nowadays.

Going to be blunt with this too, but it seems funny that the furry boys are trying to back up a fellow feline from sexual predatory actions but not any of the other individuals.

EDIT: I still have mad respect for all the work these people put into the site/game (especially Stunky).

Last edited:
Team
JJ
Honestly, I never understood the point in mkw e-dating when 99% of the relationships end up becoming a disaster and these bans just proves my point on why mkw e-dating is the biggest joke ever and will never work out lmfao.

Hm, I feel like I should give a real response for some reason. Aight, here I dive.

I think the bans are justified to a degree. Absolutely if it's been proven without a doubt that nudes were sent from an adult to a minor, they should be removed from the community entirely (for both their sake, and the communities sake). If it was between minors, that's still pretty muddy water and I can't help but feel that this was character assassination. idk when this occurred, so I can't speak to that, so throwing out diff scenarios.

As for the victims, if they were willingly sending nudes, then yeah, sorry, but you should be banned as well. While I understand the whole "but they're a minor, they don't know any better!" argument, if it was willingly sent, even if they didn't know what they were doing, they knew what they were doing when they took the pictures and hit send. It's one of those "Know what you're doing while not knowing what you're doing kind of thing" and these types of actions should carry with them heavy consequences. Ignorance is cool and all, but not applicable if this is how it played out.

Now on the flip, if the victim was forced or pushed into sending nudes, then I think they should not be banned. That's victim blaming and I strongly disagree with it.

There are a lot of things to consider with a situation like this. It's delicate, and any wrong move by any party could lead to some serious issues (legal ones). No decisions should be made hastily and all bias needs to be removed. This is both good and bad bias. Doesn't matter who they are, what they've done for the community, who their friends are, who their enemies are, who they've picked a fight with...none of it matters. The only thing that should matter is what happened and how it should be handled. That's all.

I think victim names should have been left out since they are minors, but too late at this point. It'd be out in the open anyway I'm sure, but still...they're minors.

I don't know much about this situation outside of what I've read, but based on what I've seen, the bans seem justified for the adults involved and any minors who willingly participated.

These types of situations always suck, and always remind you that the world isn't all sunshine and roses. People make mistakes. People do bad things. And in an environment like the MK community, this stuff sticks with you forever. There will be people who make fun and what not, I get it, but I'm sure they're suffering enough already (and if not, it's not your job to ensure they do).

It'd be wise to involve authorities for the sake of the forum, the community, and future members as failure to take action may result in legal consequences.

Hopefully something positive happens in the near future to get everyone's minds off of this and let the staff handle this the way they need to.

OVER AND OUT!

-inviso

Eric

Why am I here?
Supporter
Team
None
Switch
0022-0027-5937
Hm, I feel like I should give a real response for some reason. Aight, here I dive.

I think the bans are justified to a degree. Absolutely if it's been proven without a doubt that nudes were sent from an adult to a minor, they should be removed from the community entirely (for both their sake, and the communities sake). If it was between minors, that's still pretty muddy water and I can't help but feel that this was character assassination. idk when this occurred, so I can't speak to that, so throwing out diff scenarios.

As for the victims, if they were willingly sending nudes, then yeah, sorry, but you should be banned as well. While I understand the whole "but they're a minor, they don't know any better!" argument, if it was willingly sent, even if they didn't know what they were doing, they knew what they were doing when they took the pictures and hit send. It's one of those "Know what you're doing while not knowing what you're doing kind of thing" and these types of actions should carry with them heavy consequences. Ignorance is cool and all, but not applicable if this is how it played out.

Now on the flip, if the victim was forced or pushed into sending nudes, then I think they should not be banned. That's victim blaming and I strongly disagree with it.

There are a lot of things to consider with a situation like this. It's delicate, and any wrong move by any party could lead to some serious issues (legal ones). No decisions should be made hastily and all bias needs to be removed. This is both good and bad bias. Doesn't matter who they are, what they've done for the community, who their friends are, who their enemies are, who they've picked a fight with...none of it matters. The only thing that should matter is what happened and how it should be handled. That's all.

I think victim names should have been left out since they are minors, but too late at this point. It'd be out in the open anyway I'm sure, but still...they're minors.

I don't know much about this situation outside of what I've read, but based on what I've seen, the bans seem justified for the adults involved and any minors who willingly participated.

These types of situations always suck, and always remind you that the world isn't all sunshine and roses. People make mistakes. People do bad things. And in an environment like the MK community, this stuff sticks with you forever. There will be people who make fun and what not, I get it, but I'm sure they're suffering enough already (and if not, it's not your job to ensure they do).

It'd be wise to involve authorities for the sake of the forum, the community, and future members as failure to take action may result in legal consequences.

Hopefully something positive happens in the near future to get everyone's minds off of this and let the staff handle this the way they need to.

OVER AND OUT!

-inviso
You of all people should probably sit this one out.

I find that funny because there was never any evidence of Inviso grooming a child or being with them sexually, yet he got so much backlash because of rumors.....RUMORS.
Yet the people who ACTUALLY had sexual relations with kids are still somewhat defended.
This community is fucking hilarious

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Honestly, I never understood the point in mkw e-dating when 99% of the relationships end up becoming a disaster and these bans just proves my point on why mkw e-dating is the biggest joke ever and will never work out lmfao.
how is this proving your point at all, am i missing something??

there's been plenty of people who met here and met up irl and were together for lengthy periods of time / still are

Amazing that I can sit here and make a well thought out post and then someone can come in with a shitty one liner aimed at a 6+ year faked rumor that was created to assassinate my character and it can get more likes. But then again, look at the list of who liked it.

That’s all the shit with me ever was, made up shit to get people to hate me and give people a reason to shit on me. Because the person who developed that rumor hated me for reasons I’m not interested in getting into. Yet the simple minded sheep of this community ate it right up because the fact will always remain that the bias I spoke of in my last post is the driving factor in how people feel about others in this community. Amazing that 10+ years ago or whenever the game came out, people picked up this game and many were immature shits and yet here we are, people exactly the same. No growth over that many years is truly a sad and pathetic showing.

Being someone who was on the receiving end of things like this, I’d like to think my thoughts and opinions should hold some type of weight. I’m not interested in the same character assassination, which is why if the evidence was clear cut to be worthy of a ban, then yeah, right call was made.

So, in conclusion, you can kindly go fuck yourself and take your hated rumor spreading ass right out of this topic. Got nothing to contribute? Then get lost. And take the losers that liked your post with you because they’re clearly unintelligent as well.

Lain

those kids arent "victims". they're accomplices, and thus deserve their punishment. props to mkb staff for how they've handled the situtation
Accomplices, lol.

You make it sound like the children involved are doing malicious things like robbing banks, killing people, and kicking puppies along with the adults.

The children can't exactly be accomplices to anything if they're not actively harming anyone else. An accomplice is one who helps someone commit a crime. Is a person who gets mugged an accomplice to the mugger? I think not.

Unless these children are assisting in having the adults groom OTHER children then... no. Even in that case, a lot of wrongdoing by the children involved would be a result of manipulation from being groomed. But I digress.

Last edited:

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Amazing that I can sit here and make a well thought out post and then someone can come in with a shitty one liner aimed at a 6+ year faked rumor that was created to assassinate my character and it can get more likes. But then again, look at the list of who liked it.

That’s all the shit with me ever was, made up shit to get people to hate me and give people a reason to shit on me. Because the person who developed that rumor hated me for reasons I’m not interested in getting into. Yet the simple minded sheep of this community ate it right up because the fact will always remain that the bias I spoke of in my last post is the driving factor in how people feel about others in this community. Amazing that 10+ years ago or whenever the game came out, people picked up this game and many were immature shits and yet here we are, people exactly the same. No growth over that many years is truly a sad and pathetic showing.

Being someone who was on the receiving end of things like this, I’d like to think my thoughts and opinions should hold some type of weight. I’m not interested in the same character assassination, which is why if the evidence was clear cut to be worthy of a ban, then yeah, right call was made.

So, in conclusion, you can kindly go fuck yourself and take your hated rumor spreading ass right out of this topic. Got nothing to contribute? Then get lost. And take the losers that liked your post with you because they’re clearly unintelligent as well.
I highly doubt you did anything but I think the general point is you were known for the relationship you were in having a considerably large age gap, even if everything was consensual and there were no issues, it still can be viewed as not appropriate to comment on such a thread to some people bud

Also on a completely unrelated topic, I don’t feel the younger target in these situations should be punished as a lot of it can be manipulation etc which is a touchy subject itself 8)

Last edited:

Lain

I highly doubt you did anything but I think the general point is you were known for the relationship you were in having a considerably large age gap, even if everything was consensual and there were no issues, it still can be viewed as not appropriate to comment on such a thread to some people bud
Large age gaps are fine if both parties are consenting adults. The issue is when one of the people in the relationship is underage. And well... yeah.

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Large age gaps are fine if both parties are consenting adults. The issue is when one of the people in the relationship is underage. And well... yeah.
That’s what I mean, 17 and 25 and then commenting on a topic based around exploiting underaged people probably isn’t the best combination.

Also on a completely unrelated topic, I don’t feel the younger target in these situations should be punished as a lot of it can be manipulation etc which is a touchy subject itself 8)
Good thing this is a free country and I can comment on what I want and if people have a problem with it, they can get over it. I offered constructive stuff to what’s happening and of the immature kids can’t handle that, then maybe their access to this thread should be revoked. This is a real thing with real consequences and not all are mature enough to handle that. It’s really that simple. I said and did nothing wrong.

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Good thing this is a free country and I can comment on what I want and if people have a problem with it, they can get over it. I offered constructive stuff to what’s happening and of the immature kids can’t handle that, then maybe their access to this thread should be revoked. This is a real thing with real consequences and not all are mature enough to handle that. It’s really that simple. I said and did nothing wrong.
Nobody said you’re not allowed to comment your thoughts and none of your messages will be deleted as long as you’re being respectful, which you are.

Just don’t be surprised if you receive backlash from people because of the relationship you were in and how it connects to this topic, no point arguing against it, that’s always what you’re going to be known for unfortunately 8)

Nobody said you’re not allowed to comment your thoughts and none of your messages will be deleted as long as you’re being respectful, which you are.

Just don’t be surprised if you receive backlash from people because of the relationship you were in and how it connects to this topic, no point arguing against it, that’s always what you’re going to be known for unfortunately 8)
Known for something that was not what it was and for something I never did. Yeah no, I’ll opt not to accept things like that.

Team
JJ
pretty ironic if you look at the likes of your post :feelsbadman:
Yikes brother, didn't get enough likes on my post because I'm not one of those guys who needs to fine love on a Rated E game ):

how is this proving your point at all, am i missing something??
This has been an opinion of mine for a while and maybe yourself and others aren't aware of it since I only shared the opinion of e-dating being a complete joke to me towards my group of friends and possibly not in public chats. Why even try to e-date in this community when you can go and find better partners irl or hell even try using dating apps for those that are too scared to even try to find real love irl.

starting and e-relationship is the biggest mistake no matter what the difference in age is lo
just get tinder bro it's easy u don't needa show ya ugly slug lookin cock to kids ;/ clowns...
Looking at these replies on this thread whether it's serious or memes. They have a point on why even bother trying to e-date in this community when you're better off doing it elsewhere especially when you can find someone in the appropriate age group instead of wasting time finding love towards minors. God knows what will happen if they end up do meeting up irl and knowing the major consequences going to happen. Have fun being featured on any news source just like what happened with nS David giving us a shittier reputation in this community than we already have.

there's been plenty of people who met here and met up irl and were together for lengthy periods of time / still are
If you're talking about clan members and friends well that's a different story, I'm more so on talking about people who try to get in relationships in the community even if they went that far to meet them irl. You can't tell me that e-relationships from this community actually has a chance to actually work out successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.