• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

Problem related to MK8D online

Scopatron35000vr

Non mangio cose strane, non pratico i fast food
Supporter
Team
GT G7 Mo vc XF vk R- (I'm a social)
So I've been having this problem since day 1 and it's really annoying. What happens is that I get insanely high ping (around 1500-2000ms) whenever someone tries joining a room I'm playing in, it doesn't matter if it's a ww or a friend room, it will still happen. Now an easy fix to this is joining last when it comes to wars or friend room related things, but wws are basically unplayable for me as people will constantly try joining, making me lag to death during races until I dc due to too many players attempting to join. Not to mention it's annoying to always wait friend rooms to be at 11/12 before joining anyways. My internet isn't the best but I was able to host wars on both MKWii and MK8U, so this was pretty unexpected. A friend suggested me to get a LAN adapter, which I did. Same result though sadly. Does anyone else have this problem / has had this problem before and knows how to fix it? I can't get a new connection as I have the best one in my area (thanks Italy) so don't bother suggesting that.
Thank you in advance.

This only happens with MK8D btw, I can play other games such as Fortnite and Tennis Aces with no lag at all.

Dezora

Supporter
sounds like a switch related problem, i’d suggest removing that connection from your settings then adding it again. also try resetting your router here and there. lemme know how it goes.

OP
OP
Scopatron35000vr

Scopatron35000vr

Non mangio cose strane, non pratico i fast food
Supporter
Team
GT G7 Mo vc XF vk R- (I'm a social)
sounds like a switch related problem, i’d suggest removing that connection from your settings then adding it again. also try resetting your router here and there. lemme know how it goes.
Thank you for your reply! I will try removing and adding that connection back tomorrow. Sadly resetting my router did nothing but hopefully this other way maybe helps.

John

I have this problem myself and quite frankly I have no idea what causes this. I have reset my router, entirely rebooted my switch, and deleted my connection from internet settings and adding it again. I am hardly ever successful with getting rid of this problem, and when I do it is very temporary. It truly is so obnoxious and I wonder if there is an actual fix to this.