• Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here

please get your fucking act together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

THE SMOOTH OPERATOR
Supporter
Team
δk
Lets be real, everyone (me as well) always keep saying lounge is a bad place to compete with and everything is just randomised, we always talk over and over and never get into a solution aka stopping to play that at all. I think that if we want this to be over and making mkw as it was supposed to be in the in the competitive part, most likely wars, we should just move on from that server and start to help people thinking of what they are actually doing, playing the game with a rank system like league of legends (elo), that will bring them nowhere. You won't kill the game if you stop playing lounge, you will kill lounge's activity and people will probably start looking for wars. The other part that I still don't get is why would you keep opening new clans with the same members on them, but you never search for a war and if you aren't enough, you won't gather people and you will just say !c in any tier. Comeback competitive mkw.

Team
@υε
Lets be real, everyone (me as well) always keep saying lounge is a bad place to compete with and everything is just randomised, we always talk over and over and never get into a solution aka stopping to play that at all. I think that if we want this to be over and making mkw as it was supposed to be in the in the competitive part, most likely wars, we should just move on from that server and start to help people thinking of what they are actually doing, playing the game with a rank system like league of legends (elo), that will bring them nowhere. You won't kill the game if you stop playing lounge, you will kill lounge's activity and people will probably start looking for wars. The other part that I still don't get is why would you keep opening new clans with the same members on them, but you never search for a war and if you aren't enough, you won't gather people and you will just say !c in any tier. Comeback competitive mkw.
That's exactly why we haven't got a change yet. Stop talking and start progressing for change now guys!!

solve

Supporter
Even if lounge is the problem without lounge I wouldn’t even be able to play with people because no clan except for Ap hasn’t given me a trial. The activity lounge brings has affected me in different ways. There’s always something new everyday an I can enjoy myself. But most people are toxic and flame others for stuff like “You dodge every race” “I dodged and got blued so im better then you” “They have to blue me to beat me”. So yeah sure the lounge is filled with negatives and positives but not like there are a lot of clan options anyways LOL

PhoenixRiku

Supporter
Hippo here to solve all your problems.

1. Define community dying? If by community you are partially referring to forums, yes it is dying because its a forum... a forum whose most recent innovation was a blog that has been used by only the person who created it. If you are talking about the game anyone that is shocked by a game that is 12 years old eventually slowing down until it becomes less and less active is delusional. That's just how gaming communities work.

2. This is coming from someone who isn't in any of the lounges and prefers warring. Some where along the line Jesus must have beamed in your mind that 5v5 was clearly the most optimal way to play Mario Kart because a lot of the arguments are that lounging takes away from wars which I guess must be written on some sort of ancient tablet is bad?

3. Stagnant teams to war, its not only due to lounge, but point number 1. It is an old game people play other shit. 99% of the time I play games with people from this community it is not on Mario Kart Wii. I really don't know what people expect that there is going to be so many eager teams to play a 12 year old video game that is running off unofficial servers that require soft modding and the main way to get involved for new people is to locate a random forum on the internet.

4. The statement that lounge is toxic. The community has always been just as toxic, but it was separated into team chats on discord/skype. Now we just shoved them all into one chat so we can see everyone's shit combine into dumpster storm that is "brain dead shock use".

Edit: A 5th point

5. For those thinking a mogi like format with MMR is a new thing that is totally killing the community probably weren’t around for one of the most successful tournaments/leagues that was one of the best and most innovative things the community has done. GTT. 3v3v3v3 that had team elo, but wasn’t random. For those looking for a team experience that is more manageable for teams to gather for, encourage lounge staff to include something like this especially now that they have merged with ct lounge. Instead of just blindly encouraging lounge to shut down.

Last edited:

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
We spoke quite lengthy just in MKB mod chat about the community which was quite nice for once.

I'll pretty much tl;dr what my comments are anyway towards the situation and hopefully the community can agree on something together.

The game isn't dying, the forums are dying. This is mainly because people have grown out of even needing to use a forum. If you look back to 2012 on the old sites, the majority of people have their own roster thread, they have regularly updated clan threads, meaningful discussions about off-topic things such as abortion, politics etc. None of this is done anymore, people don't really care about having a friend roster, they don't care about having a clan thread outside of posting war results in bulk every week or so and we've covered pretty much most general topics that people want to debate anyway.

Although the game isn't dying, it's not progressing anywhere because it's just stale if I'm honest. I'm on the low majority it seems that thinks lounge was an absolutely fantastic idea, variation is always good and refreshing. Players are more active and involved in playing when given an actual statistical number they can increase to show real improvements.

I don't think lounge is enough though, more off-season things need to happen if you want to appeal to a larger audience. The toxicity will not be fixed, known toxic members are site-banned and chat restricted in lounge discord - they're still going to be toxic even if they get unbanned, you can't change some people.

I think EL is an absolute joke. I quit the game and community for a decent amount and came back to EL and my first thought is just why. Why do you have free time to use variation while WL is in off-season and use that off-season to make a carbon copy of WL which caters to the extra 5-10% of players who don't load through CTGP.

Why are we not using the off-season for weekly site-hosted FFA's and tournaments such as double elimination brackets like we did in 16-17 which were very successful, just looks like we're going backwards by saying "hey look finally we get a breather from WL let's just change the W into an E and there's your solution", what...

If the majority of the community was so against lounge, there would be a lot more people warring, simple. Instead of complaining about change suggest ideas or make and go forth with plans yourself.

Eric

Why am I here?
Supporter
Team
None
Switch
0022-0027-5937
This is one of the bigger issues as to why clan wars have died. Clan loyalty doesn't exist anymore.
It never existed in the first place. Mario Kart wars—and not just MKWii, but MK in general—have always been about a handful of clans hoarding all of the good players so they can gain clout in the community, resulting in a stagnant and predictable metagame. It's been that way since 2008, and I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future. When you look up "Mario Kart clans" on Google, the first results are links to dead websites and a NinBuzz video from 2012. Unless we get a Mario Kart 9 soon, the community is going to keep hemorrhaging members until it inevitably collapses.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Covfefe
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
It existed to an extent, otherwise teams wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

At least in the middle divisions, there was some semblance of clan pride / loyalty with established teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.