[PlayOffs W9] I$ 363 - 349 Ap2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Games, the war wasn't too enjoyable overall. Got hit by countless random shells.
I think bagger points are off quite a bit, they should be corrected.

my 2 cents concerning the troll penalty:

Kiralte got trolled off in 6th place by Jeenu on lap 2. The troll was heavily lag dependant as baggers are usually in the air on their screens on that part of the track. Kiralte finished the race in 7th place meaning that he lost 12 points max. Though, his only chnace what he could've pulled in 6th were triple shrooms or a golden. Even if he would've pulled that he would've not finished in 1st place as I was too far gone and Charge dodged up. He also could've pulled a Mega and dodged himself but that would've made him end up in 3rd behind Charge and myself as well.
What im trying to say is that I'd find a penalty of 20 points very unjustified in the unlucky lag troll event that happened. Also i$ already got a very good race out of DDR so the maximum they could've gained out of Kiralte not getting bumped off would be 2, 3, 4, 5, which would be 4 more points in their favor.

Also Ap players very much need that win considering we all are basically broke since Ap2 matches dont pay off that heavily. But sure if you can live with taking the last 15$ of already broke people off then go ahead. :)

Last edited:
OP
Charge

Charge

MKPS Staff
Registry Staff
Thread Starter #4
Good Games, the war wasn't too enjoyable overall. Got hit by countless random shells.

Kiralte got trolled off in 6th place by Jeenu on lap 2. The troll was heavily lag dependant as baggers are usually in the air on their screens on that part of the track. Kiralte finished the race in 7th place meaning that he lost 12 points max. Though, his only chnace what he could've pulled in 6th were triple shrooms or a golden. Even if he would've pulled that he would've not finished in 1st place as I was too far gone and Charge dodged up. He also could've pulled a Mega and dodged himself but that would've made him end up in 3rd behind Charge and myself as well.
What im trying to say is that I'd find a penalty of 20 points very unjustified in the unlucky lag troll event that happened. Also i$ already got a very good race out of DDR so the maximum they could've gained out of Kiralte not getting bumped off would be 2, 3, 4, 5, which would be 4 more points in their favor.

Also Ap players very much need that win considering we all are basically broke since Ap2 matches dont pay off that heavily. But sure if you can live with taking the last 15$ of already broke people off then go ahead. :)
Id have called the shock differently before getting redded myself in top spots so we would have had 1st for sure. nonetheless, ggs Council knows their job.
EDIT: the possibility of a blueshell shouldnt be forgotten.

Aditya~

~
MKPS Staff
World Cup Staff
CTL Staff
CL Staff
Media Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
λρocalypse, Regicide
Wiimmfi
3613-7773-6772
After reviewing the clip, we have decided to penalize Jeenu -5 points.

Corrected score: I$ 363 - 364 Ap

Good luck in the remaining playoff matches.
WL council smoke when? :mocking:

Kiralte

Counter Culture
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
I$ - In$ane

"I was gone and Charge dodged up" isnt a valid excuse. You could have fell off, gotten hit by something on the ground etc. Trolling is trolling. But thats of course just my opinion. I can only say it kinda destroyed the race for me.

Niko

MKPS Staff
wish we could c/p smoke's variant and call it a day but

The WL Council will be applying a -20 penalty for Ap due to their bagger pushing off Kiralte during a lap 2 state in 7th/6th.
The reason for us being a bit more severe on this case is that we believe that Kiralte's chances were ultimately ruined by the bagger pushing him off.
The range we have considered was -10 to -20.

This part here is something that didn't necessarily come up in our discussion so you may disregard this but:
Factoring in lag for the bagger is a bit of a dangerous move to pull because baggers can slow down before the item set to cut down their time in mid-air by quite a bit.
That having been said, the troll is by no means "heavily dependant on lag" and could have been avoided in one way or another.
The risk was there and the bagger took it and (unfortunately) ended up paying the price for it.

The results will be changed to:

I$ 363 - 349 Ap2

Status
Not open for further replies.