• Staff are currently aware of users being unable to register for the site; we are deeply sorry and working fast to help to fix it. Join the official MKB discord server here, make a support ticket, and provide your preferred email and username.
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • The Media Staff Team is recruiting and our applications are open! Check this thread for more details!
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter

Players' gameplay recordings as a competitive aid v2.0

saturn

Media Staff
Welcome! This is a large resource of competitive gameplay recordings. It covers all forms of competitive play, nearly all time periods of competitive play and has a good variety of playstyles throughout, so you can find your own niche if you need to.

I'm always working on expanding this resource, so if I missed some important resources - if I did, please let me know and I'll add them.

Thanks to sousui, Jas and Maidvelia for starting this thread and maintaining it before me!

Current Era (2019-2021)

Regular Tracks

Recommended Resources
MarioKartBoards
YouTube

MarioKartBoards is the perfect place to go if you're looking for high quality commentated wars with multiple POVs. All the most recent MKPS matches are archived here, showing runner and bagger POVs alike, often accompanied by analysis from the casters.

EndGameTV's MKWC 2020
YouTube

MKWC 2020 was a very successful tournament that revitalized international competition. Many of the year's most important matches happened here. In this video archive, EGTV provides high quality commentary from casters and multiple POVs from top players that you don't get to see often.

ArcIntel
Twitch
YouTube

ArcIntel is the essential resource for any competitive MKW player. Whether you're a complete beginner or a seasoned veteran, you can always learn something from Arc's large catalogue of informative videos with high production value and structured commentary. His videos cover driving techniques, item theory, game modding, and more.

Sane
Twitch
YouTube

Sane's Improvement Movement series outlines very important concepts for all levels of competitive play, but is mainly tailored towards Lounge. If you're trying to rank up in Lounge and you want some advice from a top player, Sane's got you covered.

Jazz
Twitch

Jazz is a top bagger, having played with Phantasmagoria in D1 and with Team UK in the World Cup. If you're an aspiring bagger, Jazz's archived videos shows plenty of high level bagging duels.

Top POVs
Azmact
YouTube

Barney
Twitch

Batcake
Twitch
YouTube

Chéron
YouTube

EmilP
YouTube
Twitch

Fox
Twitch
YouTube

Frozen
Twitch
YouTube
Analysis/coaching playlist

Goober
Twitch

Jeff
Twitch
YouTube

Jonah
Twitch

Joris
YouTube

Hayke/KevinGER
Twitch

Kasper
Twitch
YouTube

Ken
Twitch

Leops
Twitch
YouTube

Luke
Twitch
YouTube

rusoX
Twitch
YouTube

Sal
Twitch
YouTube

Trippy
Twitch

Xander
Twitch
YouTube

Custom Tracks

Recommended Resources
Lucas
YouTube

Lucas is the most active content creator in the Custom Track scene and has lots of different videos on his channel, including Lounge commentaries and shortcut tutorials. If you need to know virtually anything about CTs, Lucas has probably already made a video on it.

EmilP
YouTube
Twitch

Alongside Lucas, Emil is also one of the biggest MKW content creators with a high proficiency in CTs. He uploads competitive CT matches with live commentary or team call, shortcut tutorials, time trials, and more. If you're a slightly advanced CT player, definitely check out this playlist specifically.

MEGA's bagging tutorial
YouTube

Bagging on Custom Tracks is a very daunting and niche skill, therefore it doesn't have many resources available. The most popular resource is MEGA's bagging strats video, which is somewhat outdated now, but some tracks in this video are still in CTGP, so those strats will definitely still work at least.

Top POVs
Alex
Twitch

Arti
Twitch

Azmact
YouTube

British
Twitch

CC
Twitch

Daseia
Twitch

Eve
YouTube

Frozen
Twitch
YouTube

JP/Epix
Twitch
YouTube

Kasper
Twitch
YouTube

Kenzo
Twitch

Leops
Playlist (YouTube)

Mirymeg
Twitch

Pascal
Twitch

Sawyer
Twitch
YouTube

Stubbz
Twitch

Swampy
Twitch

Thunder
Twitch

Zilla
YouTube

Zachruff
Twitch

Early Wiimmfi (2014-2018)

Regular Tracks

Top POVs
Avail (team)
YouTube

Jeff
Twitch
YouTube

Jonah
YouTube

Lifted
YouTube

LukeIRE
YouTube

Lunar
YouTube

Lunehov
YouTube

Matt
YouTube

Nero
YouTube

rusoX
YouTube

Samuel
YouTube

Smith
YouTube

TK64
YouTube
----
CSL Season 5 Playlist

Pre-Wiimmfi

Top POVs

~Maidvelia❤︎~

One of The Greatest Leaders This Site Has Ever Had
Supporter
Team
The Ones That Matter
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
I recommend to watch all of the players I listed in the first post but I know most people won't do that, for that reason I'm listing key players to watch and study depending on your skill level.

High Priority:

Sphinx (Beginner)

Cool (Intermediate)

Prant (Expert)

Daisy players are less common and thus have less high level gameplay, so I'm going to be listing them all:

ryun

Teru

rusoX

Players with commentaries describing their thought process:

Matt

Astro Star