• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

New Staff, Apps Process Extended and More!

Stunky

Triple OwO
Banned
Happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone who celebrates is having a good time and enjoying any chocolates or anything else they may have received. I'll keep this as short as I can, which I know is rare for me.

New Staff
First off, I'd like to welcome @Mystic to the MarioKartBoards Staff. He's had the last week or so to get used to the system so will be able to handle the majority of situations as things stand. Please feel free to congratulate him within this thread.

Apps Process Extended
As you've just read, we've taken on 1 staff member currently, however we felt that it was potentially not a long enough window initially for all willing applicants to get their submissions in, especially given the recent requests for us to allow late applications. We will therefore extend the application process so applicants can apply until 28th April 2019 at 11:59pm EDT. The window will follow the same structure as it originally did - we may be interested in asking questions and doing interview stages before the deadline, and may even bring people in if they impress that early, so don't delay where possible.

Best of luck to all those who apply in this new extended staff window!

Medals are on their way back!
We've yet to redesign them, however I can proudly announce that the Medals system has been implemented on the site and thus shortly we hope to present medals to all the appropriate people whether it's for things like staff service, or for playing awards like FFA winners.

Feedback and Suggestions Welcome!
I mention this in most announcements, but we fully welcome all feedback and suggestions for the site and events on it. Please don't hesitate to contact a member of staff with your suggestions, post them in announcement threads, or the appropriate section at https://www.mariokartboards.com/forums/suggestions-and-feedback.7/

Thanks for reading this update, please feel free to ask any questions or give any opinions on this thread, as well as congratulating Mystic on his role!

Last edited: