• We have recently made a lot of site changes we'd like you to know about! Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter // Facebook

MKW Schedule Format

Use or do not use?

• Use this format this season (season's start WILL be pushed to the 8th June)

• Use this format only starting from S17 onwards

• Do not use this format/I might have another suggestion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Niko

MKPS Staff
! This will not go into effect for this season unless the community expresses an interest huge enough for us to implement it this Season.
Should a good majority be interested in this, this will lead to the season having to be pushed one week behind, making it start on the 8th June so please keep that in mind.​
This is merely meant as a suggestion on our end, you are completely free to suggest something of your own as well.​

With that being said, we would like to briefly mention and/or talk about a format concerning default time and scheduling.
As the title implies, this was initially used during World Cups to figure out match times for the participating teams as no "true" default time existed during a World Cup.

Here's an example of what this looks like:

We, the WL Staff, would be going around and ask teams for their availability and once we did that, we attempt to "balance out" the times/availabilites every team gave us as much as possible so that we end up with a "balanced schedule" at the end.
This would also take into account conflicting matters such as national days or other leagues' matches that might take place along with WL's matches.
Should the "balanced" schedule not work, then teams are always free to use mutual agreement to find a match time that suits both teams better than the one that we might set up.

As an example, it would look somewhat like this

So what is this good for in the first place?

1) For one, it could provide the media team with an easier way of casting matches; participants tend to be told by the media team that they "asked too late" as the setting up for a cast does require a specific amount of time.
A "balanced schedule" like it has been used in MKWC could help the media team set up more casts for the community to watch/listen to.
2) This idea could serve as an overview to see if multiple leagues' matches may be colliding or not which would mean scheduling can be performed easier if you know at what time(s) matches happen if you're signed up for multiple leagues.
3) Lastly, this plays into what was described in 2) just now but it would also facilitate running any site hosted events along the way as well.

This is completely up to the community though so if a majority isn't interested in changing anything about default times, we'll just pretend this never existed and move on as scheduled.

- Credits to Stunky for the pictures

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
R7, U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
I want to make it clear that this is not the only solution we will use as an alternative. This is just the first one we were given that attempts to alleviate the issues presented. With EL extending their season and the possibility of clashing with their playoffs, it felt like the appropriate time to post this.

Also in regards to the third point, user-ran and lounge-ran events fall into that too.

If you guys have other ideas to solve these issues (they can even include small tweaks to what we currently do), then please post them here!

Team
Demoralize
I was never really that interested in the World Cups and did not know about their scheduling format. How would you say the format was received to the participants? Do you think we should test this in a different league first?

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
R7, U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
The format will be proposed to EL too for their season 4 to see what they think, but it works out the absolute best if this ultimately changes into a global master schedule for all site events. I'm not exactly sure how much testing can be done with it, without actually running it for a real season.

The scheduling in MKWC itself was received well. The only problem was when finals matches resulted in forfeit because of trying to hoard best LU instead of finishing out the cup with who they had.

i love babies deleting my post when my suggestion was literally "6 team div" and that is what i voted for. please refrain from deleting constructive criticism in the future. much appreciated.
Not constructive when it has jackshit to do with the topic at hand.

Take it to https://www.mariokartboards.com/threads/s16-wl-division-format.4098/ where it's relevant, thanks.

Last edited: