• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Meet the Staff of Mario Kart Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
Site Owner
:flagIT: BetoMan | @BetoMan
Head technical administrator. Timezone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), UTC+2. Discord Contact: BetoMan0#8507

Administrators
:flagUS: Maidvelia | @~Maidvelia❤~ | Introduction Post
Administrator. Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: ~Maidvelia~#0697

Moderators
:flagUS: Arc | @Arc-n-g | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Arc#3565

:flagUS: Chris | @Chris. | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Chris.#0018

:flagUS: Irene | @Irene | Introduction Post
Timezone: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), UTC -7. Discord Contact: Irene#0994

:flagUS: Mystic | @Mystic | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Mystic#2930

:flagUS: Noob | @Noob | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Rahul#0441

:flagUS: Silver | @Silver | Introduction Post
Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5.
Discord Contact: Silver#1000

*Timezones are added for your convenience where available. For help converting a staff member's timezone to your timezone, visit https://www.timeanddate.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris.

WL Staff
EL Staff
Registry Staff
Team
Dαιsγ | υτ
Word.
Ight so im Chris, most of you may know me as Merc or Mercury. Played CTs for a minute, then quit those. Played a bit of high divs on both tracks, winning CTD1 with Daisy a while back, as well as playing with ut2 and EU1. Mostly associated with the Battle Cry group as I've been there the longest and maybe if you have a good memory you might remember as Yowndrift's resident squeaker alongside Silver. Been on staff a solid 8 months, recently joined WL Council as of this season. Been around the block quite a bit in my time playing, as both a bagger and a runner. I've started divulging into other communities like CoD. As for personal things, I'm currently a sophomore in high school, meaning I'm quite young to have all the roles I do, and in all honesty I think given the circumstances of the community I believe that I have done and can continue to do a good job in helping the community prosper. If you have any feedback you know where to find me.

Silver

Rock on.
Supporter
Team
Battle Cry | In$ane
Hi guys, I'm Silver, I'm 17 years old and a junior in high school.

I played a tiny bit of comp (like 2 wars) back in 2012 or so, but 2015 is when I truly consider my start, I've been playing ever since then, even though I've lost a lot interest in the game as of late, I still very much enjoy playing with friends and interacting with/helping the community.

I've always been a CT player first and foremost, for the simple reason that playing the same 32 tracks over and over can get extremely boring. I first played with Yowndrift (technically my first clan was actually Remix, a sub that lived for like a month, but I consider y_ my first true clan.) I currently play with Battle Cry, who I've been with ever since early 2017, but I still hang out with people in other clans, (Maximum Likelihood, Fossa)

Right now, I mostly play osu!, Splatoon 2, and Smash Ultimate, because, even though I went to CTs to find variety, the extremely slow pace at which updates release, along with the pack becoming more and more catered to casuals, have caused me to lose a lot of interest in the game, plus, I find those games more satisfying because they're much more skill based than Mario Kart.

I also play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe infrequently, where I'm an updater in lounge, and I played with Melee X/Y for 2 seasons, who I still identify more with and hang out more with than my current clan, Renegades.

Overall, I'm a pretty chill and positive person who doesn't really hate many people (you have to be extremely cancerous or do something awful to get on my bad side) and I'm usually willing to help anyone out with anything they may need. If you want anything from me, just talk to me on Discord (Silver#1000) and I'll respond asap.

Mystic

Lounge Staff
Greetings Earthlings,

My name is Gabriel, I’m 21 years old, and I live in New York City.

I am currently studying Economics and I have a passion for sports and eSports.

My main video games include Mario Kart Wii which I have been playing since 2012, and League of Legends which I have been playing since 2014. I have recently got into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as well.

I used to play basketball and baseball in the past, but ended up not pursuing them since I wasn’t outstanding in either sport.

Now, I’m pursuing my passion for video games and trying to create a career out of hosting events (or just being involved with video games in general :geek:).

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @citsyym y’all!!

Mystic out.

Last edited:

Arc

Pizza lover and boo extraordinaire
Media Staff
Team
Unbroken & Saikou
Oh, you want to know about me?

here:
Pizza>other food.
Boos>other video game characters
Sword & Enburezu>other mkwii players

Oh wait, now I'm a professional twitch streamer (twitch.tv/arcintel)

as a twitch streamer I've learned some interesting stuff:
Discord(Arc#3565)>twitch & youtube>other social media sites
Arc>Arc_n_g>Randomness>Prplmusic63>any other stupid name I've had before
Mkwii>anything else bc viewers want to play with me and I ain't gonna play fort nut

I turned 18... welp time to start thinking about paying taxes

As I am now "too old to be playing a kid's game" I have a few more thoughts:
Age doesn't matter, I ain't gonna stop playing video games.
I would love to be a coach for a professional esports team
weebs should be punished by being forced to play rainbow road five hundred times with funky kong in the jetsetter

oh god I'm now a moderator, what? how?

I have no clue what just happened, but all I know now is my life is opening a new chapter for my analytical mind to conjure up new crazy presentations that are hopefully somewhat interesting to skim through, and I hope to stay with you guys for a long time!

Thanks for listening to my ted talk

~Maidvelia~

NEW ERA: Agency Returns
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Hello everyone! I'm Maidvelia, a 22 year old resident of Michigan in the US with an Associate of Applied Science degree in IT.

My hobbies include video games (primarily Mario Kart Wii of course!), streaming on Twitch, watching YouTube videos, listening to music (video game music, electronic dance music, metal, and rock), and watching anime and/or online animated series' (I can't call RWBY an anime or I'll get stoned lmao). Hobbies I dislike include sports and most outdoor/extroverted activities. My absolute favorite video game franchises besides Mario Kart would include Need for Speed and Ace Combat, my favorite song of all time is Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park, and my favorite animated series of all time is RWBY (because the soundtrack is the best thing in this world).

In regards to my personality I am pretty approachable. I tend to be serious and blunt in most conversations but I do have a sense of humor. Overall I am more on the introverted side but I would be a huge liar if I told you I like being alone every second of the day. I need my fair share of company to get by, in addition to solitude. I have a few core values to my person that I never go against, including integrity and logicality. I absolutely detest lying (if you have nothing good to say or it's damning, then you should just not say it!) and I hate decisions that are made based on how someone feels versus the logistics of a situation. We have science for a reason.

Not going to beat around the bush, my interests are very atypical. I have a primary interest for PC troubleshooting (which landed me my degree) and obsessing over video quality (which translated over to CTGP Records). However, I have also carried a secondary interest for things that do not conform to the "rules" and "roles" of my gender. I'm a straight male though I believe one of the parts of my brain turned out to be smaller than the typical man's, resulting in more feminine tendencies/interests than most males. This ultimately resulted in my current branding color scheme, the way my Mii looks, the sprites used in my graphics, and my username (that no one seems to be able to pronounce correctly -_-). In addition to all of that, my textures, newfound curiosities, and overall extent I went to in order to have this new username all correlate to how much this stuff is a part of my person as it is to my branding on the internet. I am not very sensitive but I will generally take offense to blatantly distasteful slurs or jokes about this part of me, so don't do it!

For my world/societal views I respect every lifestyle choice that does not harm another person, but I do not necessarily agree with all lifestyle choices. Disagreement on choices is generally frowned upon these days, but it is an important component to free speech that I believe is getting overlooked. I think it's important that people know my stance on this in order to have smoother conversations. I prefer to be true to my values while simultaneously not making enemies.

With that somewhat lengthy biography out of the way, here's my history with Mario Kart Wii and associated staff positions within the community:

I've played since March 2010, MKW was my first online game experience and I have always enjoyed it. These days I prefer playing with friends rather than alone. You may recognize me better by my old name KD (the full meaning of which I refuse to hear ever again, it's a deadname to me). I changed names due to a personality shift. I play both Nintendo's 32 tracks and the 218 custom tracks on version 1.03.1 of Bean's CTGP Revolution about equally. I have no preference in one or the other. I also still play the old version of the pack, 1.02.0, on occasion.

I've lead several clans over the years, my most notable being TR★ - Team Rocket, Dα♥ - Daughters of the Amazon, and U★ - Unbroken. Every single one of these clans have earned at least one league banner during their lifespan, with U★ earning two in a row. When it comes to leading something, I strive to get accomplishments. I currently still reside in Unbroken, as it's my pride and joy. I run it like a community instead of a competitive clan these days. I've semi-retired, you could say, from tryharding on this game. I still occasionally do it, but I just currently prefer to have longer periods of a relaxing, enjoyable time rather than shorter periods of intense, close competition.

I started to seriously dabble with staff roles in around 2013 on MarioKartWii.com (although prior to this I was a division admin for Mario Kart Championships League in Division 2 but I was too young to learn anything from it). MKW.com's staff finally tried to run a league on that site for the first time and I tried helping with it. The first season I was just a staff member for it, and then the second season I was a league admin. The league was called the Mario Kart Global League (MKGL). Since then I've matured and gained more competency, finding my way into various other staff roles and providing more and more for the community over time. Some of my highlights include the following:
  • Super Moderator on MKW.com from December 2014 to April 2015.
  • Founding Custom Server League - CSL (now Wiimmfi League - WL) with Chrome and Viraith a couple months after Nintendo WFC shutdown.
  • Becoming a Wiimmfi Server Ban Moderator around Winter 2015 and still being one to this very day.
  • A League Admin tenure for CSL from Pre-Season until post-Season 6.
  • A Manager of one of CSL/WL's councils (which have since merged into one) for Seasons 7 & 12, and this current day.
  • Global Moderator on MarioKartBoards from June 2016 to February 2017, and then July 2018 to May 2019.
  • Administrator on MarioKartBoards from May 2019 to this very day.
  • Head Organizer for the 2016 and 2017 Mario Kart World Cups.
As you can see I have been around the block. Some of my qualities as a staff member include a large emphasis on competency for completing tasks and a disdain for settling for mediocrity. I firmly believe in the concept of trying new things even if there is the risk of failure. It's better than sitting in a comfortable bubble while nothing happens and all you can do is just watch things get stale and boring. At that point we are all better off watching paint dry.

If you want to follow me on social media, I have a Twitter, Twitch account, and YouTube account. My YouTube account is inactive and the other two are active. On my Twitch you can find my rising series: The Mario Kart Wii Community Discussion Podcast and on Twitter you can find various random rants and (re-)tweets/likes of MKW stuff, Ace Combat stuff, Daisy, RWBY stuff, and my terrible tastes in memes. On my YouTube I currently only upload Mario Kart Wii Community podcast segments but that may change if I decide to make the account more active.

Twitch: maidvelia
Twitter: @maidvelia
YouTube: Maidvelia

For those who want more detail about my channels, go to this thread. I'm looking to get a schedule sorted for streaming soon so you can look forward to that I guess.

I currently have immeasurable free time, considering I have graduated from community college. I generally treat most staff positions I am in as a passionate vocation of volunteerism rather than some annoying unpaid job. If you ever need anything regarding the site or community, do not hesitate to contact me on my site profile or on Discord! My DiscordTag is ~Maidvelia~#0697. Thanks for reading! :p

Last edited:

Noob

Hello wiimmers, I am Noob or Rahul as some of my closer friends call me. Feel free to use whichever you’d like addressing me.

I am a CS major going into my sophomore year of college. Talk to me about sports, mainly baseball or football, and I'll love you forever. I mainly play mkwii but have speedran games such as LM and am currently trying to learn Super Paper Mario. I do however love watching speedruns. I'm usually on discord but if not, I do reply as fast as I can. Catch me at the BDubs, Taco Bell, Crunch Gym, Mickie D's, or the tennis courts. My go 2 order at Taco Bell is the $5 chalupa cravings box. If you have problems with me, MEET ME AT THE LAN. My 5"5 frame is tough.

My current main clan is Av and I love everyone there.
I also play for TRY, Star, JJ, Josh's Club, and Vehement. (Shoutouts to my late night wiimmer buddies).
The social chats I am in are Znk, Sn, AA (LONG LIVE WOODMAN), and xv (All praise lord Simon of the Elson variety).
Former leader of the best wiimm team in existence, swt. POGGERS.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or on discord at Rahul#0441.

Much thanks if you actually read this entire post, tried to keep it short so people would actually read.

Last edited:

Irene

Hello, I'm Irene, and I've re-emerged in this community in August 2018. ^^ I was around for 2013-2015 as well, but I wasn't very involved competitively. Regardless, I was still active on mkw.com, running my own graphics shop, serving as an advice team member, and moderating from September 2014 to May 2015. Giving advice to others is one of the experiences that have stood out to me the most because I've heard many stories from close friends and have had personal experiences myself, so I know how much it can mean to someone to be aware of that, and it genuinely makes me happy to do so. c:

Most people I know now are new, though! I've built so many nice friendships ever since returning, some that have been extremely meaningful to me, so I can't thank you all enough. <3 I actually never planned a return into this community, but I was drawn back in when I just happened to be playing ww's, and a few people became interested in talking to me back in August. I have them to thank for being here really. cx I was never one to take this game too seriously, but I really enjoy meeting new people and playing with friends. c: I hope to improve at this game eventually, but I don't prioritize competition as much as having a good time and being really open to people~ I can be pretty shy when it comes to talking to people first, but it makes me really glad inside to receive messages from others. x3

As for other interests, I'm pretty fascinated by art and music, often admiring the commitment it takes to master them. I still make my graphics every once in a while, but it's more of a hobby than an art I'll earnestly pursue due to being limited with paint.net. >< I've invested years into playing piano myself, which I can receive an equivalent to a bachelor's degree for once I've completed all the theory up to the level that I've played. I also enjoy games like Danganronpa, FEH, and Ace Attorney, so if you're interested in those, feel free to hit me up if you want to, haha. I'm really sociable in PM's but tend to be shyer in group servers or calls, but I genuinely enjoy people's company. c:

Feel free to talk to me whenever! cx I look forward to meeting and helping more people~ (Yes, I normally talk in sentences and text emotes. x; I enjoy expressing myself a lot. ^^ )
Irene#0994

Status
Not open for further replies.