• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Mario Kart Boards Questions Thread ~ Ask site-related questions here

Nozzles

I need new ways to waste my time
Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
This thread is for any and all questions relating directly to the forums. To maintain an organized thread, please abide by the following:
  • When posting a question, please do a quick search to ensure that your question has not already been asked prior. If your question relates directly to the forum or forum policy, the Rules and Terms of Service of the forum is a good place to check. Finding the answer to an already-asked question is much faster than waiting for someone to reply to you.
  • Limit yourselves to questions relating directly to the forum itself. If you can't figure out how to do something on the forum, or if you have questions pertaining to teams/clans, thread verification, etc, please post what you have to say here. If you think something about the forum should be changed, added, or removed, please use the Suggestions Thread instead.
  • Do not post about anything related to specific users or members of staff, such as "why was my thread closed?" or "why was I warned?" - Most of these cases should be dealt with in User Support or by starting a conversation with the moderator who warned/closed your thread. If you would rather speak directly to a member of staff via Discord, you may also find a list of contacts here.
  • Unless you are absolutely certain of your answer, please limit answering to members of Mario Kart Boards staff only.
  • Please limit responses to questions and answers only. This is to act as a forum resource thread, rather than a discussion.
  • Be civil and respectful.

ok Okay OK

Switch
4737-8164-0410
OK! There's no LFG thread on the MK8DX pickup group board like there is on the team board. Should I just do a lfg post for myself? Thanks and OK!

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #3
OK! There's no LFG thread on the MK8DX pickup group board like there is on the team board. Should I just do a lfg post for myself? Thanks and OK!
I'm going to assume that LFG stands for "Looking for Group" aka a looking for a team thread?

If that is the case, then you are free to just use this thread, and simply state that you are looking for a pick-up group instead of a team. The 6th bulleted point down under "Those looking for a clan would include the following in their post" expresses this option.

Kona

Supporter
The description for MarioKartBoards Supporter states as follows:
With your €10 donation comes a bunch of great features, which are listed below! - Increased signature size and avatar file size limit - The ability to change your display name once a month (PM a member of site staff) - The ability to set a custom title which shows in your posts under your name (and the ability to customize the colors and fonts for it) - Exclusive userbar ribbon titled "MKBoards Supporter" - A featured stream in our new Streams section (once the add-on is fixed) - Profile covers In addition, your donation helps MKBoards function! We use our donation money for site server costs, addons, etc.
Now I know this might be out of date because it’s just copied and pasted from the old site, but am I just blind or is there actually a way to change the color/font style of your user title on this site right now? Also, is there a working streams section?

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
The description for MarioKartBoards Supporter states as follows:
With your €10 donation comes a bunch of great features, which are listed below! - Increased signature size and avatar file size limit - The ability to change your display name once a month (PM a member of site staff) - The ability to set a custom title which shows in your posts under your name (and the ability to customize the colors and fonts for it) - Exclusive userbar ribbon titled "MKBoards Supporter" - A featured stream in our new Streams section (once the add-on is fixed) - Profile covers In addition, your donation helps MKBoards function! We use our donation money for site server costs, addons, etc.
Now I know this might be out of date because it’s just copied and pasted from the old site, but am I just blind or is there actually a way to change the color/font style of your user title on this site right now? Also, is there a working streams section?
Don't see one, will look into it, probs another add on. There isn't currently a stream section as I believe its a paid add on now but once again we'll take another look

JupiterMK

Team
Sparta, Retro Roadsters
Switch
8014-0732-6225
Wiimmfi
2454-1345-4296
How do you edit messages that are sent via DM's on this site? They seem not to work for me.

Pedro

Team
Ðynamite
How can I be a supporter? I didn't see a special button like in the old site, do I just need to click in the donate button? How does it work?
Thanks in advance!

mkwbenjamin

probably sleeping
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
I didn't see a special button like in the old site
To become a supporter, you have to donate a minimum of $10 to the site (I believe, correct me if i'm wrong).
The easiest method to do this is to use the "Purchase" button under the "Account Upgrades" section of your profile drop-down menu.

Kona

Supporter
Will there be a "founding member" type of banner like there was on MKBoards? Like, if someone registered from June to December 2018 or something.

OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
2024-6381-6667
Thread Starter #16
Sorry for the late responses

are gif icons supported?
I tried several different .gif avatars, including ones which worked on the previous website; but was not able to find one which worked properly on this site. So I'm going to assume that answer to that question would be no. Might be worth a mention within the suggestions thread however, in the chance that it is possible to implement.

Will there be a "founding member" type of banner like there was on MKBoards? Like, if someone registered from June to December 2018 or something.
I don't believe this had been brought up before during the construction of the site. I just ran it by staff and it was in majority-opinion that such a role/banner wasn't necessary.

~Maidvelia~

NEW ERA: Agency Returns November 2019
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
It's the site's image proxy being a turd. It's so picky with GIF sizes. I had to significantly reduce my signature's resolution and file size for it to even work.

Beto has to figure out if disabling the proxy will be safe for the site or not.

BetoMan

professional c dio boia supporter
Administrator
Supporter
Team
Battle Alliance
NNID
betoman996
@Irene There is a limit for the *.gif size because we don't want large images to be uploaded in our website. Like, there is no way that a 15mb gif will be uploaded directly here because:

1) it will waste space on the disk. If people start uploading very big binaries on the site they'll bloat the database size/disk size quickly

2) loading a page with a big image (like 10/20mb or bigger) can slow down the loading time by a big factor, in particular if you have a slow connection

3) on mkboards.com there were posts from 2014 with zip files (40 mb) and a post (for example) with ultra hd images that wasted almost 40 mb for nothing. The pages of that thread were impossible to load, I had to manually delete them

For these reasons I've added some code in the proxy that limits the file size uploads and caches only small images. If you really need to post big gifs here, use an external file uploader like imgur and then embedd the content here