• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to get "further updates"

Eric

Why am I here?
Supporter
Team
None
Switch
0022-0027-5937

Are they referring to DLC, or just more quality of life updates? Will Funky Kong finally make his grand return? DLC makes sense from a business standpoint; MK8DX has already outsold the original version of the game, so why not continue supporting it? Yeah, they could make a sequel instead, but where do they go from here, realistically? They're better off treating the game as a continuous service instead of wasting resources developing a samey sequel.

Frosty K

Team
PŔČ/ÇÄ8
NNID
Ask Me
Switch
Not available
I will be happy for anything if those extras includes improvements to online space.