Thunder & Lightning
- Jun 3, 2018
- Explorers of Time
The missing part; a GOLDSPEED tournament.
May 25th, 2019 at 12pm Eastern Time / 5pm UK Time
click here to convert to your timezone
REGISTER HERE: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Vsa1NUYuLO#/
DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/CxMYXNa
All rounds prior to semi-finals and finals will be casted by Larry, and semi-finals and finals will be casted by Troy on http://twitch.tv/mkboards
LACUNA is one of the first (if not the only) Mario Kart Wii pay-to-enter tournaments! With an entry fee of $4.99, an irresistible prize pool awaits you. The tournament will play with a double-elimination style format and will divide players into brackets based off Mogi Lounge ranks for maximized competitive play. There will be no bracket conferences – each bracket winner will receive a prize!
In the past, a pay-to-enter event was dismissed because there was no way of ensuring people weren’t cheating their way to the prize. With advances made on CTGP and Wiimmfi, we can safely say that not having hackproof tournaments is history. This tournament will require all participants to play on a disc and load through CTGP with My Stuff turned off. Thanks to wiimmfi.de, we can view an individual’s settings to ensure they are abiding by this rule. The host of the room will also be required to turn the “Reject players with My Stuff” setting on, so people with My Stuff can’t join the room.
- Must pay entry fee of $4.99. (click here to convert to your currency) Side note: Challonge DOES take debit card as well, just runs it as credit.
- Verified friend code and rank in lounge
- Must be able to play on a disc (no ISO or Dolphin allowed)
- All winners will receive a cash prize (the amount will be the same for all winners)
- As more participants enter, the cash prize rises. The amount of money awarded is dependent on the number of participants.
- For example, if we receive 60 participants, the cash prize will be $90 per winner. (Challonge charges a $0.50 fee per player, hence the 10% loss)
This tournament play with the double elimination format and will be separated into brackets (assuming min. of 60 players sign up):
- Silver, Gold
- Platinum, Diamond, Master
Peak MMR will be used to determine which rank bracket they play in. Other factors such as WL performance and personal opinion may come into play if necessary.
If the numbers allow, I will expand how many brackets there are, so we can increase the number of winners we have. Ideally, there’s a minimum of 20 players per bracket to start out with.
- Double elimination format
- TC Autofire off
- Rooms will consist of 10 players
- My Stuff off
- CTGP Only
I highlighted these 5 rules because it may determine for some if they will play or not. The full ruleset is in the Discord server.
If you have any questions, or would like to stay updated with the tournament, please join the Discord server!
thank you, and yours truly,