Irene's Graphics

Irene

Program: Paint.net

Recent

Semi-Old

Very Old

Requests
Currently: Closed
I'm not sure how often people ask for requests nowadays, but I'm willing to make artwork for free! Requests can be made directly on this thread or through my Discord: 謝謝 ♡#0426. You're welcome to give as many or as few guidelines as you want. ^^ (But it's possible I may ask you a few questions if you're too vague, haha. cx) Possible specifics include:

- What item are you requesting? (Banner, signature, etc.)
- Image Size
- Specific Images/Character
- Background
- Text

Last edited:
OP
Irene

Irene

Thread Starter #2

Thread bump ^^
Been quite while since I've made something, but I decided to because of the recent Smash announcement. x) I also updated the logo into something cleaner.

I'm planning to open requests when Christmas gets closer. c: While I doubt I'll get many requests (if any at all), I'll have more time during the holidays and hope to make something satisfying if anyone ever does happen to want something. cx

Last edited:

aidan2k

Thread bump ^^
Been quite while since I've made something, but I decided to because of the recent Smash announcement. x) I also updated the logo into something cleaner.

I'm planning to open requests when Christmas gets closer. c: While I doubt I'll get many requests (if any at all), I'll have more time during the holidays and hope to make something satisfying if anyone ever does happen to want something. cx
I really like what you did here, the colours look great and I think you could make an argument for this being your best piece so far (it's my favourite, at least). That being said, I would've loved to see the text in the top layer. I think that gives the tag a much more complete/sharp look. Hard to say without seeing it though

OP
Irene

Irene

Thread Starter #5
I really like what you did here, the colours look great and I think you could make an argument for this being your best piece so far (it's my favourite, at least). That being said, I would've loved to see the text in the top layer. I think that gives the tag a much more complete/sharp look. Hard to say without seeing it though
Thank you. c: I was kind of iffy on the text too and thought about not including it at all. XD But I did as you said, and here's what I got:

I suppose it does look a bit better, so I appreciate your tip. c: I definitely don't consider myself that great of an artist, but I'm planning on getting Photoshop soon, where I can have a bit more flexibility than paint.net and hopefully improve on depth and text, which are the two main aspects I need to improve on in general. ^^

I've seen your thread too, and I enjoy your works! :) Thanks again for stopping by. cx

Last edited:

aidan2k

Thank you. c: I was kind of iffy on the text too and thought about not including it at all. XD But I did as you said, and here's what I got:

I'm not sure why this website is messing up the quality of this picture. :c But other than that I suppose it does look a bit better, so I appreciate your tip! c: I definitely don't consider myself that great of an artist, but I'm planning on getting Photoshop soon, where I can have a bit more flexibility than paint.net and hopefully improve on depth and text, which are the two main aspects I need to improve on in general. ^^

I've seen your thread too, and I enjoy your works! :) Thanks again for stopping by. cx
Alright, I think I put my finger on my problem with the text
By no means do I study graphic design so take this with a grain of salt and I also do not claim to be anything past competent at using photoshop
I think it feels awkward because it's almost trying to do 2 things at once. With text, I feel like you either want it to really pop or to be an afterthought. Due to the colour you used, it feels almost in between the 2. Here's what I mean (not my signatures, found them on google images)

In this signature, the text is a bright and visible colour(s) that draws your attention, secondary only to the character

In this signature, the text is the same colour as the rest of the tag, is distorted and is barely legible
again, not my signatures but do a good job of displaying the example

Both are executed well, and in polar opposite ways.
I think you'd benefit greatly from making your text brighter or trying to blend it more

sorry if I'm offering unsolicited advice, I just have always struggled with text as well and sort of considering these factors has helped me a lot

Last edited:
OP
Irene

Irene

Thread Starter #7
Alright, I think I put my finger on my problem with the text
By no means do I study graphic design so take this with a grain of salt and I also do not claim to be anything past competent at using photoshop
I think it feels awkward because it's almost trying to do 2 things at once. With text, I feel like you either want it to really pop or to be an afterthought. Due to the colour you used, it feels almost in between the 2. Here's what I mean (not my signatures, found them on google images)

In this signature, the text is a bright and visible colour(s) that draws your attention, secondary only to the character

In this signature, the text is the same colour as the rest of the tag, is distorted and is barely legible
again, not my signatures but do a good job of displaying the example

Both are executed well, and in polar opposite ways.
I think you'd benefit greatly from making your text brighter or trying to blend it more

sorry if I'm offering unsolicited advice, I just have always struggled with text as well and sort of considering these factors has helped me a lot
No worries, I'm glad you're still trying to help. c: They can be helpful for me to keep in mind too. ^^

OP
Irene

Irene

Thread Starter #8

Happy holidays, everyone! c:

Requests are now officially open. ^^ While I'm not quite expecting anything, it should be a nice feeling to make art for someone if they wish, since it has been a really long time. :)

OP
Irene

Irene

Thread Starter #9
A request I completed for Life/Flow clan a few days ago c:

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and now to have a great new year! x)

Last edited:

lina

Supporter

Happy holidays, everyone! c:

Requests are now officially open. ^^ While I'm not quite expecting anything, it should be a nice feeling to make art for someone if they wish, since it has been a really long time. :)
Fae the cutest!! good work :33