• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

Hello, I need some tips to use Daisy

Kook

NNID
Kurtzzy
Wiimmfi
3871-4734-9791
Hello There!

I was hoping to get some tips to use Daisy.

This community is primarily Funky Kong-Flame Runner and it is easy to see why (not going to go into that right now). Though this is the case, I've always enjoyed using Daisy-Mach more. I found this character combo more fun to control. That being said, I still do not know how to control it efficiently.

That is why I have come here.

If you may allow it, I would appreciate some tips for using Daisy.
And to get it out of the way, I am not really looking for comments that reply with time trials, or experience.
What I am looking for are things that specifically apply to mach bike.

Now, since that is taken care of, I would encourage you to post your game play tips under this thread.
I'm sorry if this sounds too desperate or nooby, but I would be quite thankful for anybody who responds.
(side note: Please no hate, I would like it if things were kept constructive and positive.)

Feel free to dm me here
Kook#6174

Thank you in advanced.

-Kook

Feel free to dm me here
Kook#6174

Kona

Supporter
i know you said don't say time trials and experience, but uh, that's gonna be your main way of learning.

hop in some worldwides with daisy, your main focus at first is going to be learning to control getting bumped. that's daisy's main flaw, and the thing that sets a great daisy user (javo, rusoX) from a mediocre one is the fact that they know how to play in the pack without completely dying.

tt some tracks with daisy that are generally better with funky kong. examples; DDR, MH, MG, TF

learn how to do all the main shortcuts with daisy, ESPECIALLY the bcwii glitch. i see tons of people nowadays using daisy but they don't know how to do bcwii glitch consistently. in less skilled rooms (basically anything below, say, a t4 lounge room), people will not block the glitch much, so if you are able to do it often without stopping, you basically have a free +15.

another vital track is bc3, as the ultra is something that sets daisy users apart from funky kong users, much of the time. this one is less vital as the ultra is very doable with funky too, but it's said that it is much easier with daisy.

still on the shortcut topic, learn stuff like the GV rockhop, MG gap, and DKS double. keep in mind that there's a difference between making a shortcut, and doing a shortcut fast. i can do the DKS double with either character any day, but being *fast* at it is a whole different story. stuff like that just takes repetition through practice.

understand that you will be at a disadvantage at first. you're gonna get bumped everywhere. with experience, you will learn how to deal with it, and/or avoid it.

that's about all i got, hope this helps to an extent.

OP
Kook

Kook

NNID
Kurtzzy
Wiimmfi
3871-4734-9791
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the tips, Kona. i'm sorry for sounding naive, but thank you for taking the time to post an indepth answer