GS*Shellslingers ~ The MK8 Deluxe Clan for Adults!

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316

Shellslingers

INTRODUCTION
Are you interested in socializing with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gamers your age but not been able to "weed out" all the adolescent players? Are you unable to join traditional, time-consuming clans because, being responsible adult, you juggle your free time with going to college, taking care of children, or being employed in a full time job? In short, are you interested in an online experience akin to "shooting the bull" with a group of drinking buddies? If so, then Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Shellslingers is the right place for you!

MEMBERSHIP​

Our Friend Code Master Lists are growing by the day.

The Shellslingers clan has explored various titles on different consoles throughout the years, but we are utterly pumped to return our focus back to the Mario Kart franchise!

Here is our confirmed MK8D Roster prior to launch (last updated: 6/7/2018):
  • Balki
  • GSPsychedelic
  • Brotworst
  • Crinklepouch
  • WEEKENDWARRI0RS
  • NGX159
  • Rapidkirby3k
  • Torro947
  • Demonstryde
  • Metjam
  • HARD_TARG3T_83
  • Ahenao16
  • Spchawk237
  • Cyberfajita
  • DonnyGun
  • KopiJunkie
  • Nymeria
  • Scavenger
  • NecroAether
  • MsAlma182
  • Nineromega
  • Maxepel
  • Dunkaroo69
  • Korchie
  • McMurphy
  • Merky_Water
  • MikeyFromSantee
  • Neutron1989
  • ShaX
*Leaders are in RED.​
If you would like to join the club, you need only to fulfill two things:
  1. Be at least 18 years of age or older.
  2. Register your membership at our forum: GunslingerGaming.com & bull; Index page
That's it! We don't ask for resumes, time trials, probation periods, VR stats, or any other sort of silliness. You just want fun, right? So do we! If you would like to learn more about membership with the Shellslingers, feel free to visit our "How To Join" page at our website.

GUIDELINES​

We like to ascribe the Shellslinger experience akin to sharing drinks with some buds after work or partying with them on the weekends. Nothing stops the music faster than a few knuckleheads, so we do wield a few guidelines we expect people to follow during their stay:

• Obscene material is prohibited.
  • Self promotion by new members will likely be treated as spam. This includes promotion of own non-commercial websites.
  • No personal attacks on other members or various sorts of offensive behavior is allowed.
  • No glitching/hacking/cheating. We define such as purposefully accessing the game's programming or abusing a flaw in the programming to achieve an act or status that is not intended or possible otherwise.

CLAN FEATURES​

The Shellslingers experience is as simple and non intrusive as joining up with other adults your own age and playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at your convenience. For those of you who like to take part in activities, events, and communications beyond that simple formula, we offer several popular, optional features as well:

Forum ~we discuss everything under the sun within our extensive forums~

Discord Server ~we use our multiple text & voice chats to find out when members are playing, exchange contact information, or for some friendly chit-chat~

Frosty Pints ~our infamous weekend get-togethers fueled by booze~

Featured Broadcasters ~Members broadcast their gaming feeds & we feature a whole program to aid in their channel's promotion~

...and much, much more!

Thank you for taking the time to view our clan's topic! I wish you the best in your Mario Kart 8 Deluxe endeavors!

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Clan for Adults.
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Clan for Parents.
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Clan for Older Gamers.
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Last edited:

Hedgi

Team
BL
NNID
jasad12345(im trash)
Switch
4451-5882-5610
Wiimmfi
dont have
why is this under pick up groups

Hedgi

Team
BL
NNID
jasad12345(im trash)
Switch
4451-5882-5610
Wiimmfi
dont have
this can hardly be called a clan then to begin with since the main purpose of clans is to war other clan

OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #7
Welcome to the weekly Shellslingers MK8D Bar League Frosty Pints!

The overall structure is simple: We switch up the MK8D settings each week, announce a Mii theme, and, on specified occasions, even include a raffle from time to time. This first post will reflect the current week's event as well as the latest replies by a Shellslinger Leader. Past results will be showcased towards the bottom of this post as well.

Our NINETEENTH weekly Shellslingers tournament returns to celebrate the random, free DLC of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Please come prepared to race in the tournament using ONLY the new DLC parts in our 150cc mayhem!

THE NECESSARY CODE TO ENTER IS LOCATED NEAR THE TOP OF THE MK8D MASTER LIST. After entering it, join onto a friend so we are all in the same room. Stop by our MK8 discord channel for communication.

CURRENT SETTINGS
  • Mode: 150cc; Normal Items; Breath of the Wild DLC parts only.
  • Time: Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 5:00pm to 6:30pm Pacific Time.
  • Mii Theme: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #8
Welcome to the NES Bar League!

Do you remember the days when, after blowing on your cartridges, you wished that you could play your favorite NES games remotely with that friend who just wasn't allowed to come over? Well, fast forward over twenty years, and now we can with the Nintendo Switch! Join your fellow long-in-the-tooth gamers every Friday in our Frosty Pints weekly event, the NES Bar League!

WEEK 1

Game: Baseball
Date: 9/21/2018
Time: 4pm Pacific (6pm Central / 7pm Eastern)

HOW IT WORKS
  • Every week, we select a NES title (never the same one twice in a row) & announce details in this thread.
  • Reply to this topic prior to the posted start time stating that you are playing.
  • An online bracket will be filled by randomly pairing up gamers.
  • Jump our NES Voice Chat on our Discord account and laugh up the good times.
  • Gamers move through the bracket until we have a winner.
  • The winner has 48 hours to post his/her game selection for next week.
RESULTS
[This section will be populated after Week One.]

*While keep your eyes peeled for random give-aways associated with this event, please note the event is intended to encourage older gamers to get together and relive some retro childhoods, not to encourage overt competition with earned prizes. Any give-aways will be raffle based.

REPLY TO THE TOPIC TO JOIN!

OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #9
Welcome to a new era of the Gunslingers!

Starting now, the GunslingerGaming website is rebuilt on brand new software, down to the hosting at the following url: http://new.gunslingergaming.com/forum. This not a new coat of digital paint. Our online oasis is rebuilt, re-imagined from scratch. Seeing that our registered domain will turn 10 years old in January 2019, this seemed like the perfect time to hit the ol' reset button.

And we needed to.

Our old site was built on decade old software, and it was becoming less and less relevant in today's standards of access via different devices. We had hit the virtual wall in regards to the updates we could make to our existing site, so a fresh start, not fresh paint, was necessary. Besides having a vastly improved site experience, the reboot means the following for all members:

• You will need to re-register an account. This doesn't mean you are suddenly not a member. It just means that you will need to register again to use this platform.
  • You add yourself to Game Master Lists via your User Control Panel (here). More Master Lists on the way.
  • All existing members with 50 or more posts on the old site will receive a Gunslinger Veteran badge, which will displayed under your avatar everyone on the forum.
  • All old content will still be accessible via your old accounts, and future members will be able to read our rich history in read-only form.
  • Until the main domain moves over to this site, unsecure log-ins (ie: http vs https) are only present.
The Gunslingergaming.com main domain will switch over to this one by the end of October. During the period in which we are giving members early access to the website, we will continue to use the subdomain address. There are plenty still to do, and please be patient as I correct bugs along the way. Getting a clearer idea of what is left to be done is part of the reason you all are getting early access. There are simply some things that cannot be finalized until the main domain switches over.

I will also be scrabbling to duplicate important posts from the old site to here in the coming days so the new members who will sign up after our "global" release will understand what the heck is going on. Staple items like our informational topic regarding Destiny 2 in-game clans come to mind as a good example. Please, please feel free to add your own content to the forum, as you will notice that the sections need to be populated. A raffle for a prize of a free full priced game will be coming soon, and all posts made now will be retro-count for the raffle.

Any questions, ideas, or concerns regarding the Gunslingers reboot are welcome as a reply to this topic.

This isn't our first rodeo, but we certainly are moving onto a new one.

Sincerely,
McMurphy

OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #10
Ha, bad time.

Please excuse the new site being temporarily down. We have reached the step in the migration process in which that is required. It will be back up once completed. I am rushing to have the new site out of the BETA phase by the release of RDR2.

OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #11
Now I have a few things settled with GoDaddy, here is the new site announcement with some amended details:

Welcome to a new era of the Gunslingers!

Starting now, the GunslingerGaming website is rebuilt on brand new software, down to the hosting at the following url: https://www.gunslingergaming.com/saloon/. This not a new coat of digital paint. Our online oasis is rebuilt, re-imagined from scratch. Seeing that our registered domain will turn 10 years old in January 2019, this seemed like the perfect time to hit the ol' reset button.

And we needed to.

Our old site was built on decade old software, and it was becoming less and less relevant in today's standards of access via different devices. We had hit the virtual wall in regards to the updates we could make to our existing site, so a fresh start, not fresh paint, was necessary. Besides having a vastly improved site experience, the reboot means the following for all members:

• You will need to re-register an account. This doesn't mean you are suddenly not a member. It just means that you will need to register again to use this platform.
  • You add yourself to Game Master Lists via your User Control Panel (here). More Master Lists on the way.
  • All existing members with 25 or more posts on the old site will receive a Old School Gunslinger badge, which will displayed under your avatar everyone on the forum.
  • All old content will still be accessible via your old accounts, and future members will be able to read our rich history in read-only form.
  • Until the main domain moves over to this site, unsecure log-ins (ie: http vs https) are only present.
The Gunslingergaming.com main domain is switched over, as well as Shellslingers.com. There are plenty still to do, and please be patient as I correct bugs along the way. Getting a clearer idea of what is left to be done is part of the reason you all are getting early access. There are simply some things that cannot be finalized until the main domain switches over.

I will also be scrabbling to duplicate important posts from the old site to here in the coming days so the new members who will sign up after our "global" release will understand what the heck is going on. Staple items like our informational topic regarding Destiny 2 in-game clans come to mind as a good example. Please, please feel free to add your own content to the forum, as you will notice that the sections need to be populated. All new & returning members who register onto the new site prior to November 1st, 2018 will receive a First Responder Badge and be automatically entered into a raffle for a prize of a free full priced game.

Any questions, ideas, or concerns regarding the Gunslingers reboot are welcome as a reply to this topic.

This isn't our first rodeo, but we certainly are moving onto a new one.

Sincerely,
McMurphy

Last edited:
OP
McMurphy

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Thread Starter #13

SO, why does this post start with an image grab of the 1967 classic, The Dirty Dozen? Because June 2019 marks the TWELVE year anniversary of the Gunslingers clan!

For those of you bad with on-your-feet math like me, that means we have been gaming together ever since 2007. We started as a Playstation 2 in-game clan, and our internet boot print consisted of a sub section on a now defunct gaming site and a Myspace profile I set up. Myspace. Wow. If that doesn't date our formation, nothing will. We have some super cool raffles going on this month, so be sure to check out the rest of this topic to find out how to enter them before clicking away.

If you are relatively new to the GS* fold, building the Gunslingers has been a long, strange trip from humble beginnings. Here are some early images/links:

Our very first recruiting banner:

Our very first clan video ever (published on October 18th, 2007):
[bbvideo]

Here is something never shared before - The clan trying to figure out the future of Gunslingers in the wake of the Jak X PS2 servers being terminated:
https://web.archive.org/web/2009112...om/12790-jak-x-online-server-termination.html

Highlight from above thread:

Re: Jak X Online Server Termination [5-13-2008]
I agree with both of you: these are sour times, indeed......even if only the most obsessed and die-hard fans showed up at the end.

Speaking of the end, I am getting the feeling that Sony "unofficially" pulled the plug early due to my own inability of signing onto the system.

It was so great playing with you two and keeping our clan, despite some people's best efforts, to remain on the top ten list in all of North America. My best wishes to everyone who were still in Gunslingers to the bitter end, and all of those who graced our ranks throughout the last year.

I am all for keeping tabs with the rest of the clan, and PLEASE let me know whatever games you play in the future. As for keeping the namesake of our clan alive, I would be excited to do so. The real mystery is figuring out which games. To answer Pasta, no, I don't have a Playstation 3, and I doubt I will be able to pick one up before the end of the summer.

I do have a Nintendo Wii. Don't be surprised to see a sub board for a Mario Kart Wii clan to pop up on this board. The clan name? Somehow, "Shellslingers" seem appropiate. I have been searching the internet, and I have found many clans are already alive and kicking, which is good because the online server doesn't have an online option so people have been sharing the clan's leader's friend code for the game, and setting up times to compete. The game DOES have team races that echo Jak X's clan challenges and actually does a better job of making sure all weapons don't hurt your own teammates. Better yet, Gunslingers---Shellslingers---would compete in international clan ladders this time around.

It doesn't sound like, however, either of you have that combat racing game, so, another option that does have a clan option on the online server for the Playstation 2, is SOCOM. Naturally, Gunslingers would be appropiate, although I pretty much suck at the game at this point. Perhaps Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be another good suggestion for the Playstation 2.

Any other suggestion is completely welcomed, and I promise to do my best to accommidate anyone interested.

Regardless of what happens, I really do hope to keep in touch with the rest of you, and my hopes are that you two and others in the clan will use this forum to keep me updated. I would hate to make friends on Jak X only to lose touch with them the moment the server goes down.

Let me know your thoughts.

-Lee (McMurphy)

*That announcement, regardless of misspellings throughout it, was also the first time that our alternate name, Shellslingers, was posted. More history mining of that front will be published in the Shellslingers anniversary topic.

Luckily, we have moved well beyond only featuring one front or just combat racing games. We have members from all of the world and activity in a whole array of game genres. Thank you, new and returning members, for joining our fun during the last twelve years. Our sole desire has and always will be to make it easier for fellow older, casual gamers to enjoy online gaming on your terms and within your own general age demographic. No strings attached. In the age of hearing "be sure to donate & subscribe" so often with online gaming, our mission statement still creates a unique oasis.

Our leaders (ie: Trail Guides) have really stepped up in the last two years while I have had to take more of a back seat in activity. Please, please thank them the next time you talk to them in game, on the forum, or on Discord for their continued effort towards keeping Gunslinger Gaming rolling. They volunteer their time to make this work, and they are doing amazing work. Thank you.

RAFFLES (You know, the section of this post you were actually looking for)

There are currently two major raffles taking place this month, but be sure to check back for more additions this and next month.

• Free Game Raffle - HeadshotPenguin is raffling off a free game of your choosing. This is a raffle you can't afford to miss! Be sure to click the following link to put your name in the hat! Link: https://www.gunslingergaming.com/saloon/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1269
  • Win A Gunslingers Frosty Pints Mug - REPLY TO THIS POST TO ENTER! On July 1st, a random name will be pulled out of a hat and the winner will receive an actual mug featuring the Gunslingers emblem on it in the mail. You can choose between a beer mug, coffee mug, or even a water bottle. We have been featuring this anniversary raffle since our 3rd year as a group!
  • More raffles/events to come!