• Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here

Expressing my Grievances

Matt.

Lounge Staff
Supporter
Team
Equivoke
Failed to collaborate with Valence? What do you call the screenshots of my and Sabby's conversations with him?
You stated, "I am messaging you to give you one final opportunity to remove these players from the server". That is an ultimatum, not an olive branch. You did not say anything remotely close to "let's try and work this out with Discord together to see if your punishment is enough before blitzkrieging your server". If this is your definition of "working together" then I am shocked.

shoeguy

Team
Qnτ eSports
from experience a lot of people only allow DM's from people that share servers with them or actual discord added friends, me included.

if we ban these people from lounge, it does decrease the likelihood that they will contact more children to some degree, as they will no longer share lounge server with them. obviously it wont eliminate it entirely, but decreasing it in any way possible is probably the best outcome for this scenario. if they still have contact with people outside of that, due to clans with people that still defend them, or having people actually added on discord, that's another issue that lounge staff doesnt have any control over, and unfortunately nothing can be done about that from our end, that would be all on discord to ip ban them from the software or something.

i dont see why this is an argument, people saying that it "would hardly change anything" because they will still be on the platform are ignoring the point of this being about removing these people from the community's high traffic area. obviously we as a community can't realistically police every chat these people are in or who they have contact with, but even removing them from one server they could contact people from is better than nothing, is it not?

from experience a lot of people only allow DM's from people that share servers with them or actual discord added friends, me included.

if we ban these people from lounge, it does decrease the likelihood that they will contact more children to some degree, as they will no longer share lounge server with them. obviously it wont eliminate it entirely, but decreasing it in any way possible is probably the best outcome for this scenario. if they still have contact with people outside of that, due to clans with people that still defend them, or having people actually added on discord, that's another issue that lounge staff doesnt have any control over, and unfortunately nothing can be done about that from our end, that would be all on discord to ip ban them from the software or something.

i dont see why this is an argument, people saying that it "would hardly change anything" because they will still be on the platform are ignoring the point of this being about removing these people from the community's high traffic area. obviously we as a community can't realistically police every chat these people are in or who they have contact with, but even removing them from one server they could contact people from is better than nothing, is it not?
Finally someone said it

Matt.

Lounge Staff
Supporter
Team
Equivoke
Yeah I agree with you 100% Nathan, lounge staff was at a complete consensus when it came to banning these people from the server after the post came up, this is the first time I can remember someone officially complaining about allowing them in lounge (I could very well be wrong tho). But I think it's still important to keep in mind that none of these instances of predation occurred via lounge chat. If they did then I think the discussion would be completely different.

Edison

Lounge Staff
Team
WollywogZ

if we ban these people from lounge, it does decrease the likelihood that they will contact more children to some degree, as they will no longer share lounge server with them.

lol

You stated, "I am messaging you to give you one final opportunity to remove these players from the server". That is an ultimatum, not an olive branch. You did not say anything remotely close to "let's try and work this out with Discord together to see if your punishment is enough before blitzkrieging your server". If this is your definition of "working together" then I am shocked.
I couldn't divulge everything going on, so in my head, it really was his final opportunity. I'll admit my wording was poor, but the intentions were actually good. My only real miscalculation was the fact that I attempted to show empathy, which is really the only reason I reached out before the thread was finalized. It's a miscalculation that won't be made again.

Joeey

MKPS Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
Aight, the offenders are banned from everything, can we bury the hatchet now and stop bringing this up every month?

I understand the want to protect minors in the community and we're taking good steps towards that but this entire thing is getting old now, and making public threads to bring the issue back to everyone's attention when arguably some people want to put everything behind them and just play the goddamn game is honestly just irritating people more than you guys might think.

Clyde

"Biggest Meme in the Community" -EBoom & DayZ
Supporter
Team
Contingency, Resurrection,
NNID
who does this
Switch
numbers
Wiimmfi
0220-7522-0359
Aight, the offenders are banned from everything, can we bury the hatchet now and stop bringing this up every month?

I understand the want to protect minors in the community and we're taking good steps towards that but this entire thing is getting old now, and making public threads to bring the issue back to everyone's attention when arguably some people want to put everything behind them and just play the goddamn game is honestly just irritating people more than you guys might think.
thank you joeey.

There's no reason to keep bringing up this topic for discussion. Everything has already happened that needs to have happened. Nothing else needs to be done and we should just move on forward. Have fun playing the game and just focus on the future not the rough times in the past.

thank you joeey.

There's no reason to keep bringing up this topic for discussion. Everything has already happened that needs to have happened. Nothing else needs to be done and we should just move on forward. Have fun playing the game and just focus on the future not the rough times in the past.
You forget that this situation just got resolved so yes there was a reason to bring this topic up constantly as nothing was being done lol

Joeey

MKPS Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
You forget that this situation just got resolved so yes there was a reason to bring this topic up constantly as nothing was being done lol
Pretty sure it's been like, over a month? I may be wrong on that but imo there's been enough time where it wasn't a focal point in discussion anymore. Even if it is still a focal point in discussion I've not seen any examples. Might just be my non-interaction in Lounge and the WL/EL general chats tbf

thank you joeey.

I mean the latter part of have fun playing the game and moving on is where we need to go. Whilst I'm sure people will find new ways to remove these people further in order to give minors more protection, it doesn't need to be so public anymore imo. Of course people will disagree but whatever, I know I'm ready to move on, don't see why other people aren't.

Pretty sure it's been like, over a month? I may be wrong on that but imo there's been enough time where it wasn't a focal point in discussion anymore. Even if it is still a focal point in discussion I've not seen any examples.

I mean the latter part of have fun playing the game and moving on is where we need to go. Whilst I'm sure people will find new ways to remove these people further in order to give minors more protection, it doesn't need to be so public anymore imo. Of course people will disagree but whatever, I know I'm ready to move on, don't see why other people aren't.
This topic has been going on for some time but the people literally just got banned from the server. Its not like they've been banned and we are still bringing it up

Joeey

MKPS Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
This topic has been going on for some time but the people literally just got banned from the server. Its not like they've been banned and we are still bringing it up
I'm aware, and it should've been done sooner. But did we need two threads, one who the identity of the poster was intentionally kept withdrawn, and a lot whole of new drama to do it? Arguably, no. Either way, hopefully this dies down and we can all just play the game and forget about it.

I'm aware, and it should've been done sooner. But did we need two threads, one who the identity of the poster was intentionally kept withdrawn, and a lot whole of new drama to do it? Arguably, no. Either way, hopefully this dies down and we can all just play the game and forget about it.
This thread was made by valance so he could get his side of the story out regarding the situation. Nothing was wrong with that.

I think it’s imperative for me to preface this by saying the following: It is silly and nonsensical to suggest that the children in lounge should have privacy restrictions while being a member in lounge. If that is a counterpoint to the full ban, perhaps a disclaimer should be crafted for all minors who join lounge. For Parties under the age of 18, restrict your accounts because a few members in lounge have a predilection for inappropriate communication with minors. In point of fact, the age difference typically exceeds 4 years. The chief purpose of any preventative law on this matter is to protect the public, particularly minors; in fact, that is the reason why individuals with records relating to this topic cannot step onto parks, schools, or any other recreational area frequented by children. To further buttress my point, those individuals are given strict instruction to not be within whatever feet the court has ordered. Interestingly, the feet can be compared to the communication restriction that people are so enthusiastic about. Well they can’t talk but they can still play. But they can still have some contact with them. Goodbye, and stop rehashing it every month cretin. It’s like telling the court that flashing isn’t as bad as the physical contact they may otherwise have without the park restriction.

I find it incredibly unproductive how ill intentions are being ascribed to those who are arguing for a more solid preventative rule. It causes me to remember the heady days of the Cam/Divide exposure (done by me) when I was accused of having malice. Curiously, and rather strikingly, those malicious feelings were towards an individual with whom I happened to be friends. Even more interesting, however, is that those retorts were raised by people who disliked me. Nevertheless, this isn’t about me. Furthermore, it is quite interesting how the other side begrudgingly “accepted” the results. To be sharply stating the issue is dead and you got what you wanted is unproductive and a true testament of your own temperament, as well as your intentions.

One little footnote here: I no longer play the game and have not in quite some time now (probably six months). So, I’m not exactly privy to the facts of every individual case. Feel free to proffer any addendums. Thanks.

Xoxo and All the Best,
Treepa

Last edited:

Process

MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
Team
Longshlongs

As long as the offenders are defended/accepted by members of the community this topic still holds merit.

Team
[¢β]
Switch
6188-1299-800
Wiimmfi
3655-0654-6204
As long as the offenders are defended/accepted by members of the community this topic still holds merit.
You can't change someone's opinions and beliefs that easily, so therefore it's going to be a thing forever.

Clyde

"Biggest Meme in the Community" -EBoom & DayZ
Supporter
Team
Contingency, Resurrection,
NNID
who does this
Switch
numbers
Wiimmfi
0220-7522-0359
ok so lets leave it at that. the problem was resolved now lets not bring anymore attention to the issues here. no need to.