• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

Exalt Summer 2019

Mystic

Lounge Staff

The First East Coast Mario Kart Wii LAN is Here!

Tournament Information:
The first ever Mario Kart Wii LAN on the East Coast will be held in New York! And will be hosted by New York’s very own AONGaming, featuring a 3800 sq. ft venue. The event will compromise of FFA and 2v2 tournament rooms of high level Mario Kart Wii. And also many more side games and events that will keep everyone involved. Wiis, monitors, and TVs will all be provided, but, please bring your own game disc, SD card, and controller!

Dates: July 13th - July 14th 2019 [2pm EDT - 10pm EDT]

*Registration for the event must be done so here. Please select the box that says ‘Mario Kart Wii’. If you do not wish to play, don’t select the box.
*We prefer pay via card or paypal, but all options are fine.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5QeSfmc
*We highly recommend you to join this server! Here, you can RSVP and ask us any questions you may have about the event.

Prizes: Trophies and Cash Payout!

Streams: The main events will be streamed with our very own streaming setup at https://twitch.tv/aonstreams and https://twitch.tv/gengame! As well as http://twitch.tv/mariokartboards

Housing Info:

Airbnb: For the best housing experience at Exalt, we recommend booking Airbnbs with your fellow attendees! Airbnbs tend to be the better value options for this area, especially if you have a larger group to stay with. Be sure to check routes before booking. (If you are staying near the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), you can take that to Deer Park and uber, drive, or walk over.)

Hotels: Hotels tend to more expensive unless you split it among others. But, there are a few hotels around the area.

Transit Info: We recommend flying into LaGuardia Aiport, since it is the closest airport to the trains and venue.

If you are travelling from NYC, you can take the LIRR (http://lirr42.mta.info/stationInfo.php?id=72) to Deer Park. You can catch this from major train stations such as Grand Central Terminal (89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 1001), Penn Station (7th & 8th Avenues, between 31st & 33rd Streets New York, NY 10001), Long Island City (Borden Avenue and Second Street Long Island City, Queens, New York), Hunterspoint Avenue (49th Avenue between 21st Street and Skillman Avenue, Long Island City, Queens, New York), Hicksville (Newbridge Road & West Barclay Street, Hicksville, NY).

We recommend staying at places close to these train stations as they offer easier access to the venue (if you can’t find a place that’s right next to the venue/don’t want to).

DO NOT take regular train stations such as 1, 2, A, E, F, M. Make sure you’re taking the LIRR. Just ask the person at the front desk you want to purchase a ticket to Deer Park.

We hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Definitely will bookmark this. If I end up in a good place financial wise in the new year I might go...will be nice to see some old faces

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Glad you've actually got an event going with a decent amount of notice.

Not going to be able to go myself but I'm sure some other euro's might make the trek over, good luck with this!

Team
Arcadia
Not an MKW player anymore but I watched a decent amount of the event and felt like I needed to give it a shoutout to whoever ran it. It went a lot smoother and seemed extremely hype, a lot more than I expected when first hearing about. The atmosphere was chill all throughout and many voices on the mics were nice (Breel #1 tho).

I feel like this was something the MKW comm (and MK comms in general) needed drastically. I'm proud of the scene for this event, it looked like a huge success and everyone involved in organizing it should give themselves a pat on the back. With this and Embrace the Change on MK8D a couple of weeks ago, it's nice to see people are trying harder to incorporate a LAN scene as they are super damn hype (I went to Embrace the Change). The games are just way more fun in this setting. Good luck on continuing this event and hopefully more people will try and organize LAN events of this caliber for both MK games.

life

~
Supporter
Team
Floω
Was extremely enjoyable to watch and really well ran. Glad to see the community taking a step in the right direction. Casters did an awesome job as well as everyone else who helped make the event what it was this weekend! It was great to see people from different clans/groups getting along together and from what I saw everyone seemed to be happy! For the people that attended, hope you guys don't get that post event depression cause it's definitely real haha.

dynasty

Really enjoyed watching the event, really liked how high level players were commentating and could share their thought process, I actually learned a lot that I will implement into my racing.
Only thing I wish they did better was posting brackets and/or tables in twitch chat

~Maidvelia~

Every day I'll fight to be Legendary
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Day 1 was a little bit shaky but you pulled it together extremely well and day 2 was great!

I hope more of these happen so when I have the money I can attend one. The experience looks unforgettable!

skyleaf

WL Staff
Team
WollywogZ
hope there's another one of these next year! i think it'd be great to go to one of these and next summer i'd have the time for it

i gotta give shoutouts to anyone at the venue that volunteered to cast. everyone that stepped up to the mics did a great job from what i watched. very enjoyable livestreams of these events, it was a bit shaky the first day with technical issues but day 2 was an all-around awesome watch.

well done to larry, kasper, and zagler on their wins, and to everyone else that played in the events!

OP
Mystic

Mystic

Lounge Staff
Thread Starter #18
Not an MKW player anymore but I watched a decent amount of the event and felt like I needed to give it a shoutout to whoever ran it. It went a lot smoother and seemed extremely hype, a lot more than I expected when first hearing about. The atmosphere was chill all throughout and many voices on the mics were nice (Breel #1 tho).

I feel like this was something the MKW comm (and MK comms in general) needed drastically. I'm proud of the scene for this event, it looked like a huge success and everyone involved in organizing it should give themselves a pat on the back. With this and Embrace the Change on MK8D a couple of weeks ago, it's nice to see people are trying harder to incorporate a LAN scene as they are super damn hype (I went to Embrace the Change). The games are just way more fun in this setting. Good luck on continuing this event and hopefully more people will try and organize LAN events of this caliber for both MK games.
Was extremely enjoyable to watch and really well ran. Glad to see the community taking a step in the right direction. Casters did an awesome job as well as everyone else who helped make the event what it was this weekend! It was great to see people from different clans/groups getting along together and from what I saw everyone seemed to be happy! For the people that attended, hope you guys don't get that post event depression cause it's definitely real haha.
Really enjoyed watching the event, really liked how high level players were commentating and could share their thought process, I actually learned a lot that I will implement into my racing.
Only thing I wish they did better was posting brackets and/or tables in twitch chat
Day 1 was a little bit shaky but you pulled it together extremely well and day 2 was great!

I hope more of these happen so when I have the money I can attend one. The experience looks unforgettable!
hope there's another one of these next year! i think it'd be great to go to one of these and next summer i'd have the time for it

i gotta give shoutouts to anyone at the venue that volunteered to cast. everyone that stepped up to the mics did a great job from what i watched. very enjoyable livestreams of these events, it was a bit shaky the first day with technical issues but day 2 was an all-around awesome watch.

well done to larry, kasper, and zagler on their wins, and to everyone else that played in the events!
Thank you for all the kind words and support! The experience was so surreal and everyone had an amazing time it seemed. We will definitely be doing this again next year. ❤️