Elite League Poll - What Would You Like Added? New format(s), Rules, etc.

Which new format would you sign up for if we included it?

• Total voters

Aditya~

~
MKPS Staff
World Cup Staff
CTL Staff
CL Staff
Media Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
λρocalypse, Regicide
Wiimmfi
3613-7773-6772

Elite League Poll - What Would You Like Added?

• As the title suggests, we'd like your opinion on things to add for ELS3.
We've extended this thread as opposed to merely new format suggestions, but also to other things, such as new rule suggestions for instance.

New Formats

• For ELS3, we've decided that we can accompany one additional format of choice; we're therefore interested to see how much interest there is for each.
One thing to note, however, is that regardless of which format obtains the greatest number of votes, it will be up to the EL staff to make the final decision, considering which format would be most feasible. Therefore, we'd love for you all to give suggestions below regarding the feasibility of the formats and any special rules or subtle changes you would make to our suggested "How it Works" descriptions to make them the best they can be.

Formats to choose from include:

1) EL Custom Tracks Divisions
• Teams will compete in a classic round-robin format, including a common group stage across all divisions.
• Strictly CTGP-only.
• As opposed to CTWL, ALL CUSTOM TRACKS may be chosen (with the exception of banned ones, which will be decided upon by council).
• Team representatives in each division will be allowed to vote whether they'd like the ban/protect system (with all custom tracks) and if they'd like playoffs or not.

2) EL 200cc Divisions
• Teams will compete in a classic round-robin format, including a common group stage across all divisions.
• This format will be played with the 200cc engine class and strictly be CTGP-only.
• Division representatives will be allowed to vote whether they'd like playoffs or not.

3) EL Kart Division
• Teams will compete in a classic round-robin format, with ONE large division of teams; unique!
(NOTE: If we get too many teams, we will implement 2-3 divisions, with the top seed of each division playing another in a playoff format)
• This format may be played across all consoles/devices - it is not mandatory to load via the CTGP channel.
• Division representatives will be allowed to vote whether they'd like playoffs or not (in the case of one large division)

New Rule Suggestions

In the comments, you may also suggest any (new) rule changes you'd like to see.
We will consider all suggestions, but those with justifications/detail will be paid attention to most.
• The current and updated EL Ruleset can be found here.​

Last edited:
Team
#GloryToBA
I've not been back for too long so obviously I don't know much about this league apart from what I have heard on discord and on the outside of it, I'll give my 2 cents blindly pretty much so no hate on me fammm

From what I've heard, this league is getting positive feedback apparently in the chats I'm in, my personal opinion on the formats is leave it as it is for now since it'll be more feasible like that, but obviously I'm guessing you guys open a season once WL is over so people who prefer CTs would need something to do during that time. My order for this would be: CTs, Karts, 200cc. CTs is the more reliable and easier option to go for since CTWL has been around for God knows how long and has always been more or less positive. Choosing between Karts and 200cc was hard but both shouldn't come until further seasons tbh, went with Karts because of how long a decent amount of people have been asking for it, and 200cc, I haven't been around for a while and just got back so I don't know if there's any hype for it or if it is even out yet l0l so this was more of an opinion rather than a straight out demand. If anything, I'd say wait on how many teams for these formats will actually support the idea and if you get a good amount then go for it. Again, personally feel it should stay the same for at least one more season but that's just my opinion, don't really mind what you guys do.

For rulesets, I won't say anything on until I actually watch a full season or experience it myself in the upcoming season due to how detailed rulesets can be and just talking about it doesn't offer much without personal experience/watching it work.

Good luck fammmmm