• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!

Do we Really need to kill forums.mkboards.com?

Monyz

Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
1530540879159.png

If i'm not mistaken a while ago Betoman asked in the old forums if we would rather keep the old boards or start from scratch in order to fix the issues the old website had. Majority (if not Everyone) Voted to keep the old website mainly because it was the website that had the most data related to clan wars and leagues, Especially with the Death of mariokartwii. Yet the admins stil decided to make a new website
I like the design of this new website. and I'm looking fowards to use this more. but I'm concerned of the data that will be lost. of the memories that me and many other people have created and stored in the website. Isn't it possible to keep the old website read only for ever? or at least make an hall of fame section and move threads from teams that had a huge impact in the community? including the ones that are still active, same with the our previous leagues (assuming you haven't done this already) It's quite sad seeing teams like ut Av cB wZ losing all their data and have to make a new thread here and start from zero. or teams like Battle Alliance Friends United Debilitate. Clans that new comers won't be able to know about

BetoMan

professional c dio boia supporter
Administrator
Supporter
Team
Battle Alliance
NNID
betoman996
Yes we really need to kill forums.mkboards.com and the reasons are in the post you've read. Also, keeping 2 sites alive has a cost that we cannot afford. We're going to have only 1 website and the old link will be a redirect to this one; mkboards will die in november (nov 2 2018) but people have exactly 4 months to move everything they want. As time goes by we'll move every thread about mku, wl, 7 league, wc and so on

OP
Monyz

Monyz

Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
Thread Starter #3
Yes we really need to kill forums.mkboards.com and the reasons are in the post you've read. Also, keeping 2 sites alive has a cost that we cannot afford. We're going to have only 1 website and the old link will be a redirect to this one; mkboards will die in november (nov 2 2018) but people have exactly 4 months to move everything they want. As time goes by we'll move every thread about mku, wl, 7 league, wc and so on
Can't you at least make an hall of fame in this forums and back up all noticeable clans?

NNID
SoporificSG
Wiimmfi
0263-7013-2101
I think you made the right choice cause I started find bugs like not being able to linking my youtube or twitter account. You need to get the word around MKBoards is shutting down and the making of a better version.

Edit: I was actually lying tbh

Last edited:

Rollergold

Rosa Boi
Supporter
Sorry @Monyz but It needs to happen, the old site is basically bugged to the point where we can't install new features or fix the old site's current bugs, even the dev's of the forum software (Xenforo) said its basically screwed and we should start over. Losing some of the old site's data sucks but having a working site that isn't a buggy mess is for the better. Also as Beto said a site of this size is not free (or even cheap) to run.

BetoMan

Administrator
Supporter
Team
Battle Alliance
NNID
betoman996
Can't you at least make an hall of fame in this forums and back up all noticeable clans?
Yes, today we'll finalize the structure of the "Hall of Fame" section (bottom of the page) and then you'll be able to copy the contents. We'll help as well

OP
Monyz

Monyz

Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
Thread Starter #7
Yes, today we'll finalize the structure of the "Hall of Fame" section (bottom of the page) and then you'll be able to copy the contents. We'll help as well
When are you guys helping us copy content. And what do you mean with copy?

Banana

I must say, it feels good to include the word "having" in our posts now without having to alter the word because it would cause an error. I'm glad that problem is fixed with this move.

Team
[¢β]
Wiimmfi
3655-0654-6204
I just want to mention that the same issues I've been having with MKBoards are happening here aswell.

Kona

Supporter
I just want to mention that the same issues I've been having with MKBoards are happening here aswell.
this site has only existed for a couple months thus far, they're still working on fixing issues. the people at XenForo themselves are who suggested that mkboards should be started over at a new domain (from my knowledge). i'm sure that mkboards.com had to be killed, beto wouldn't have done all of this if there was still hope in the old site.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
When are you guys helping us copy content. And what do you mean with copy?
Copy the sections over, as in create same sections and we copy over the stickies/important threads. (which we've done alot of already)

Clans and stuff are on the clans themselves to bring over, as is Mku staff/WL staff for their important threads.

Xiro

I'm sure this forums will thrive as well as MKB did. Don't be worried.

MKBoards is going to be archived, right?

BetoMan

Administrator
Supporter
Team
Battle Alliance
NNID
betoman996
MKBoards is going to be archived, right?
If people copy paste the contents here and do backups, yes. In december it will die together with the host service and the old domain will be just a redirect

OP
Monyz

Monyz

Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
Thread Starter #14
Clans and stuff are on the clans themselves to bring over, as is Mku staff/WL staff for their important threads.
Copying a thread with 50+ pages of clan tables and memes is nearly impossible. Why can't you guys actually help us move clan threads? They are as important as league stuff because they contain a lot of data. And with the death of mkwii . com all that data will be gone with the death of mkboards. As I previously mentioned and you guys keep dodging that subject. When u guys asked the community if we rather keep the old site with many bugs or make a new one. Majority wanted to keep the old site because all the wiimmfi data of mkwii is there. And with the death of mkwii.com mkboards nearly all mkwii data (clan wise) will be gone. I feel like you guys should actually help us move big clans with 30+pages. Clans that made big impact in the community. So new commers can have the privilege to know and read about this clans

Team
Lu, m¢
Wiimmfi
2239-3863-1010
In my opinion, this version of MKBoards is way better. It's getting way more attention the actual MKBoards.com website did. So, i am pretty glad for that. Overall the layout of this website is simple and clean, and his small minority of bugs arround it. The add-ons on the website are perfectly implemented. And it really demonstrates the love for the Mario Kart Community itself. Most of my MK Career was revolved over the actual MKBoards website. But i'm not letting that bring me down. I was never in mariokartwii.com. But it seemed like a very respectful forum. Overall, i think this website and domain is way better.

Team
ok
Copying a thread with 50+ pages of clan tables and memes is nearly impossible. Why can't you guys actually help us move clan threads? They are as important as league stuff because they contain a lot of data. And with the death of mkwii . com all that data will be gone with the death of mkboards. As I previously mentioned and you guys keep dodging that subject. When u guys asked the community if we rather keep the old site with many bugs or make a new one. Majority wanted to keep the old site because all the wiimmfi data of mkwii is there. And with the death of mkwii.com mkboards nearly all mkwii data (clan wise) will be gone. I feel like you guys should actually help us move big clans with 30+pages. Clans that made big impact in the community. So new commers can have the privilege to know and read about this clans
Not sure why you're getting so demanding honestly, most MKWii clan threads on the old website are either shitposting, drama and war results. If people find stuff there entertaining and/or memorable they will screen it and keep it to bring it up in the future (I personally do this, same with other people), as for war results most clans have discord channels for those and Skype days tables should be easy enough to retrieve. The amount of content mkwii.com had compared to mkboards was way more valuable to begin with anyways.

Getting clan stuff is not the staff's job.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
To further emphasise what Dugo said, it is not our responsibility to go through clan threads and sift through 200 pages of memes to find the few sentimental posts for people too lazy to do it themselves.

My team, Arcadia has over 6000 replies, one of the largest on the site, but atleast 5000 of those replies are stuff that to you or any other outsider wouldnt get, but its stuff that has alot of meaning to me. Now my team actually have been going through our thread to find stuff we wanted to keep and have been maintaining it ourselves.

We gave teams more then enough time, nearly 3/4 months to save whatever, if thats not good enough, then your more then welcome to pay the 300 + dollars to keep a broken site up for another year.

hash1saladbowlcutirl

rip jah peep and etika
Supporter
To further emphasise what Dugo said, it is not our responsibility to go through clan threads and sift through 200 pages of memes to find the few sentimental posts for people too lazy to do it themselves.

My team, Arcadia has over 6000 replies, one of the largest on the site, but atleast 5000 of those replies are stuff that to you or any other outsider wouldnt get, but its stuff that has alot of meaning to me. Now my team actually have been going through our thread to find stuff we wanted to keep and have been maintaining it ourselves.

We gave teams more then enough time, nearly 3/4 months to save whatever, if thats not good enough, then your more then welcome to pay the 300 + dollars to keep a broken site up for another year.
you're*
than*