Custom title music does not play (CTGP-R)

hjk321

Hello,

I am creating my own revo_kart file for private use. I have some experience with BrawlBox and currently am able to create both normal brstms and multi-layered brstms (for Bowser's Castle, etc). I have also had astounding success modifying my revo_kart and everything from sound effects to character selection music works perfectly...

...except for whatever reason, I can't get title screen music to work for the life of me. It is completely silent in-game.

I have a custom loop at [514] GRP/TITLE's Audio[0]. It, like the original song it is replacing, has a frequency of 32000 (properly resampled in Audacity) and is about 1:55 long. It plays and loops perfectly in BrawlBox so there's no corruption or anything but when the game goes to the title screen there is no music, just the sound effects of selecting game modes, etc.

I don't think this is a problem of the song being too long since 1.) CTGP-R patches your revo_kart automatically 2.) My character selection music, starman/mega mushroom music, and literally everything else I've edited in my revo_kart is longer than the original too and it's absolutely fine, and 3.) Wouldn't it at least play the beginning and then cut off?

I've seen tutorials on this and it doesn't look like I'm missing a step. Is there a trick here that makes this different from replacing anything else in the file? Maybe it's 4-channel? I'll try that next but I doubt it since you can't import brstms into an RSAR... what am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot of Title Music:
Capture.PNG

Export of Title Theme:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49823501149418779836

Team
Ascension
Hello,

I am creating my own revo_kart file for private use. I have some experience with BrawlBox and currently am able to create both normal brstms and multi-layered brstms (for Bowser's Castle, etc). I have also had astounding success modifying my revo_kart and everything from sound effects to character selection music works perfectly...

...except for whatever reason, I can't get title screen music to work for the life of me. It is completely silent in-game.

I have a custom loop at [514] GRP/TITLE's Audio[0]. It, like the original song it is replacing, has a frequency of 32000 (properly resampled in Audacity) and is about 1:55 long. It plays and loops perfectly in BrawlBox so there's no corruption or anything but when the game goes to the title screen there is no music, just the sound effects of selecting game modes, etc.

I don't think this is a problem of the song being too long since 1.) CTGP-R patches your revo_kart automatically 2.) My character selection music, starman/mega mushroom music, and literally everything else I've edited in my revo_kart is longer than the original too and it's absolutely fine, and 3.) Wouldn't it at least play the beginning and then cut off?

I've seen tutorials on this and it doesn't look like I'm missing a step. Is there a trick here that makes this different from replacing anything else in the file? Maybe it's 4-channel? I'll try that next but I doubt it since you can't import brstms into an RSAR... what am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot of Title Music:
View attachment 3573

Export of Title Theme:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49823501149418779836
@hjk321 Sounds like you've got editing the revo_kart down pretty well! It's a rather finicky file I'll admit... However, you've done everything correct; Setting the appropriate rate and such. And no, a multichannel is not needed. That said, the file is simply too large - the brsar accepts bigger files to an extent, but at a certain point it simply rejects them and gives up - and will need to be reduced. If when replacing the audio it says, "Wave Converter (Not Responding)" that's your indication something went awry. Hopefully this helps, and I provided a link to my revo_kart which also has edited title music for reference. If you need any further help, contact me on Discord @ ctb ♡#3880. Gl and happy modding! ;)