CT Proposed Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articuno

Love, although it fades, it never gives up on you.
MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
CTL Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // EA
Hey everyone!

This is one of many threads that will be made within the next upcoming weeks/months before our next season of WL as we would like to become more vocal with the community instead of last minute changes.

With that being said, we are thinking of new ideas for the format for the Custom Track aspect of the league. After talking a bit in the WL Discord Server with some of the team reps last night, we came up with a new idea that we would like to get the communities input.

This format is the current track lists (incl protect / ban) with an added twist. Here are the details:
  • A list of 28* tracks will be randomized
  • Each team **adds** 3 tracks each to the randomized track list, making the amount of tracks 34*
  • 2* tracks will be able to get protected from the randomized track list
  • Teams are able to ban 5* tracks each
    • Teams can ban up to 1 track from the added tracks of the opponents and up to 5 from the randomized list. The following two cases may arrive:
      • 1 banned track from the added tracks and 4 from the randomized list.
      • 0 banned tracks from the added tracks and 5 from the randomized list.
  • Teams have the remaining 24* tracks to choose from.
* amount of tracks will be made more clear at a later date if this has positive feedback from the community.

To reduce the amount of replayed tracks throughout the season, we have two proposed ideas.

1. Teams cannot add the same 3 tracks during the 2nd half of the season as they already did during the 1st half
  • Example:
    • AB adds Canyon Run, Colour Wonderland and Mushroom Peaks vs MG during Week 3.
    • During Week 8 when AB vs MG, AB cannot add Canyon Run, Colour Wonderland or Mushroom Peaks to the list.
Or

2. Tracks added to the list from the teams cannot be added in consecutive weeks unless it was banned by the opponents in the previous week.
  • Example:
During Week 1
Team A adds Colour Wonderland, Icepeak Mountain and Mushroom Peaks
Team B bans Icepeak Mountain
Week 2 arrives
Team A can add Icepeak Mountain but not Colour Wonderland or Mushroom Peaks

This format allows teams to add tracks to the list as they wish, however it keeps the randomized list pros and doesn’t allow teams to chain tracks they want every week.

Either division admin or 1 council member per division to keep track of each teams per week (not too much work, I’d be fine doing it, just allows a reminder for teams in the upcoming weeks and doesn’t let teams cheat by adding the same 3 tracks).

Disclaimer: 218 tracks will not be returning as a format. This format proposal is not final, there may be other proposed formats after council applications close and new council get chosen.

Posting feedback on the thread is best since it will not get lost. Feedback within the discord server may get lost depending on how many messages get sent afterwards.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
[U]ltra [H]igh [D]ynamic [R]ange [7]
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
218 tracks or remove the league
EL's distinction is 218 tracks now, we shouldn't take that away from them.

Now instead of being unreasonable, you can suggest your own format. We will be listening to the community's ideas but we will not return to a format that clashes against the league's future direction.

Further 218 comments by players will be moderated/deleted.

simo

EL Staff
Team
tossicodipendenti
Wiimmfi
4472-7682-6881
Hey everyone!

This is one of many threads that will be made within the next upcoming weeks/months before our next season of WL as we would like to become more vocal with the community instead of last minute changes.

With that being said, we are thinking of new ideas for the format for the Custom Track aspect of the league. After talking a bit in the WL Discord Server with some of the team reps last night, we came up with a new idea that we would like to get the communities input.

This format is the current track lists (incl protect / ban) with an added twist. Here are the details:
  • A list of 28* tracks will be randomized
  • Each team **adds** 3 tracks each to the randomized track list, making the amount of tracks 34*
  • 2* tracks will be able to get protected from the randomized track list
  • Teams are able to ban 5* tracks each
    • Teams can ban up to 1 track from the added tracks of the opponents and up to 5 from the randomized list. The following two cases may arrive:
      • 1 banned track from the added tracks and 4 from the randomized list.
      • 0 banned tracks from the added tracks and 5 from the randomized list.
  • Teams have the remaining 24* tracks to choose from.
* amount of tracks will be made more clear at a later date if this has positive feedback from the community.

To reduce the amount of replayed tracks throughout the season, we have two proposed ideas.

1. Teams cannot add the same 3 tracks during the 2nd half of the season as they already did during the 1st half
  • Example:
    • AB adds Canyon Run, Colour Wonderland and Mushroom Peaks vs MG during Week 3.
    • During Week 8 when AB vs MG, AB cannot add Canyon Run, Colour Wonderland or Mushroom Peaks to the list.
Or

2. Tracks added to the list from the teams cannot be added in consecutive weeks unless it was banned by the opponents in the previous week.
  • Example:
During Week 1
Team A adds Colour Wonderland, Icepeak Mountain and Mushroom Peaks
Team B bans Icepeak Mountain
Week 2 arrives
Team A can add Icepeak Mountain but not Colour Wonderland or Mushroom Peaks

This format allows teams to add tracks to the list as they wish, however it keeps the randomized list pros and doesn’t allow teams to chain tracks they want every week.

Either division admin or 1 council member per division to keep track of each teams per week (not too much work, I’d be fine doing it, just allows a reminder for teams in the upcoming weeks and doesn’t let teams cheat by adding the same 3 tracks).

Disclaimer: 218 tracks will not be returning as a format. This format proposal is not final, there may be other proposed formats after council applications close and new council get chosen.

Posting feedback on the thread is best since it will not get lost. Feedback within the discord server may get lost depending on how many messages get sent afterwards.
i agree with my italian comrade Sal, 2nd option looks way better and way more "entertaining" than the first one in a way, in my eyes

Pascal

RL Staff
WL Staff
Team
Mlγ - Melancholy
Wiimmfi
5074-0644-0576
What about a certain numbers of tracks being put together equally by both teams. After that each team can ban a certain amount of tracks from the opponents trackpool.

It could work like this:

• Have 34 tracks per week (numbers can be changed)
  • 17 Tracks will by chosen by the 2 teams
  • After posting the tracks each team will have the chance to protect 1 and ban 2 tracks (numbers can be changed.

This is basically a summary of what was discussed yesterday in the CTWL-discussion channel and it seemed like you guys did like the idea. Please consider adding this as the new format since most people grew tired of having completly randomnized lists containing GCN Baby Park, SNES MC1 Seasional circuit etc. That way you would give us the opportunity to finally pick what we want and we do have a list for each week that changes.

Thanks for reading

Charge

MKPS Staff
Registry Staff
What about a certain numbers of tracks being put together equally by both teams. After that each team can ban a certain amount of tracks from the opponents trackpool.

It could work like this:

• Have 34 tracks per week (numbers can be changed)
  • 17 Tracks will by chosen by the 2 teams
  • After posting the tracks each team will have the chance to protect 1 and ban 2 tracks (numbers can be changed.

This is basically a summary of what was discussed yesterday in the CTWL-discussion channel and it seemed like you guys did like the idea. Please consider adding this as the new format since most people grew tired of having completly randomnized lists containing GCN Baby Park, SNES MC1 Seasional circuit etc. That way you would give us the opportunity to finally pick what we want and we do have a list for each week that changes.

Thanks for reading
http://prntscr.com/nfhjyo let me guess these tracks are why you want everyone to choose 17
Retros are a part of this game and should be played too. (better tracks anyways lol)

Monyz

MKPS Staff
RL Staff
Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
A step to the right direction. But still quite a long way to go.
I was going to make a thread about a new ct format that I came up with and didn't steal from anyone but ig I can post it here.

The main issue the ct league currently facing is a spitted group of ppl that want the old format back because they either don't like the fact that the track list is getting randomized or they want to play tracks that they are better at/developed a more in depth strategy and the other group (which I must add that is quite small) that like the weekly list because they know which track to practice and don't go in a war blind.
I'm still in favour of the old format but I still understand why ppl like this new format. It's an interesting concept that could make the ct wars more competitive. But the current state of the ruleset isn't ideal.

Anyways let's cut right to the chase. The format that I'm proposing is to attempt to please both sides.
At the beginning of the season every team in the same division gets to draft a list of 15(number subjected to be changed) custom tracks (just like WL fantasy in snake order) (teams in the same division can not have the same track) and they have to use it for the whole season.

Example: Kaisers drafted the Following tracks :
Mushroom Peaks, Aquania, Candy Coaster, Gothic Castle, calimari desert , Daisy Gardens, Fishdom Island, Ice peak Mountain, Item Fireland, Horror Mansion, Wario Colosseum, Waluigi pinball, Canyon Run, Aquadrom Stage, Desert Mushroom Ruin

Infinite draft: Mushroom Island,Yoshi Lagoon, Baby Park, Red Loop, Blue loop, Final Grounds, Dreamworld cloudway, r yoshi circuit, Autumn leavesway, Disco Fever, Lost Fortress , Dawn township, Dragonite island, Massion of Madness, Glimmer Express Trains

When k`s and IF face each other each team gets to ban 5 tracks (number subjected to change)from the oppents list (no protects since they drafted the tracks they wanted)

Example:
•k`s bans Mi YL LF GET DF
• IF bans: HoC CC HM Aquania AS
-Track list for that week( Mushroom Peaks ,Gothic Castle, calimari desert , Daisy Gardens, Fishdom Island, Ice peak Mountain, Item Fireland, Wario Colosseum, Waluigi pinball, Canyon Run,Desert Mushroom Ruin, Baby Park, Red Loop, Blue loop, Final Grounds, Dreamworld cloudway, r yoshi circuit, Autumn leavesway, , Dawn township, Dragonite island, Massion of Madness,) picking any other track outside that list would be a -20 + a strike

In week 5 (assuming it's a 6 player divs) players are allowed to swap 5 tracks from their current list(optional)

• Pros and cons
- Teams will finally be able to chose tracks they like or they are good at instead of getting a fully randomized list
- New comers and casual ct players will know which tracks will be played every week and will have an easier time playing (just like the old format
- Neak picking(dunno how to spell it) won't be such a big deal due to bans
- It will force track variaty since teams playing in the same division can't draft the same tracks
- It will be more competitive and enjoyable for viewers since the tracklist can be neutral and not a big gamble

•Cons:
-It might be a pain the organize this in the beginning of the season
- Mr bean constantly updating the tracklist could cause a lot of issues

I'm probably missing a couple of points and sorry if I explained this badly/ it isn't very clear. This is just a simple sketch. I can go a bit more in depth if necessary. Would love to debate about this especially with the staff team to clear up this ruleset and obviously hear opinions about it

Ferg

We Pop Bottles
Supporter
Team
Star ¢lan
Wiimmfi
5374-7129-7148
A step to the right direction. But still quite a long way to go.
I was going to make a thread about a new ct format that I came up with and didn't steal from anyone but ig I can post it here.

The main issue the ct league currently facing is a spitted group of ppl that want the old format back because they either don't like the fact that the track list is getting randomized or they want to play tracks that they are better at/developed a more in depth strategy and the other group (which I must add that is quite small) that like the weekly list because they know which track to practice and don't go in a war blind.
I'm still in favour of the old format but I still understand why ppl like this new format. It's an interesting concept that could make the ct wars more competitive. But the current state of the ruleset isn't ideal.

Anyways let's cut right to the chase. The format that I'm proposing is to attempt to please both sides.
At the beginning of the season every team in the same division gets to draft a list of 15(number subjected to be changed) custom tracks (just like WL fantasy in snake order) (teams in the same division can not have the same track) and they have to use it for the whole season.

Example: Kaisers drafted the Following tracks :
Mushroom Peaks, Aquania, Candy Coaster, Gothic Castle, calimari desert , Daisy Gardens, Fishdom Island, Ice peak Mountain, Item Fireland, Horror Mansion, Wario Colosseum, Waluigi pinball, Canyon Run, Aquadrom Stage, Desert Mushroom Ruin

Infinite draft: Mushroom Island,Yoshi Lagoon, Baby Park, Red Loop, Blue loop, Final Grounds, Dreamworld cloudway, r yoshi circuit, Autumn leavesway, Disco Fever, Lost Fortress , Dawn township, Dragonite island, Massion of Madness, Glimmer Express Trains

When k`s and IF face each other each team gets to ban 5 tracks (number subjected to change)from the oppents list (no protects since they drafted the tracks they wanted)

Example:
•k`s bans Mi YL LF GET DF
• IF bans: HoC CC HM Aquania AS
-Track list for that week( Mushroom Peaks ,Gothic Castle, calimari desert , Daisy Gardens, Fishdom Island, Ice peak Mountain, Item Fireland, Wario Colosseum, Waluigi pinball, Canyon Run,Desert Mushroom Ruin, Baby Park, Red Loop, Blue loop, Final Grounds, Dreamworld cloudway, r yoshi circuit, Autumn leavesway, , Dawn township, Dragonite island, Massion of Madness,) picking any other track outside that list would be a -20 + a strike

In week 5 (assuming it's a 6 player divs) players are allowed to swap 5 tracks from their current list(optional)

• Pros and cons
- Teams will finally be able to chose tracks they like or they are good at instead of getting a fully randomized list
- New comers and casual ct players will know which tracks will be played every week and will have an easier time playing (just like the old format
- Neak picking(dunno how to spell it) won't be such a big deal due to bans
- It will force track variaty since teams playing in the same division can't draft the same tracks
- It will be more competitive and enjoyable for viewers since the tracklist can be neutral and not a big gamble

•Cons:
-It might be a pain the organize this in the beginning of the season
- Mr bean constantly updating the tracklist could cause a lot of issues

I'm probably missing a couple of points and sorry if I explained this badly/ it isn't very clear. This is just a simple sketch. I can go a bit more in depth if necessary. Would love to debate about this especially with the staff team to clear up this ruleset and obviously hear opinions about it
How much I like this I don’t agree on the ban 5 tracks because it sucks it out, just have it where it’s 15 tracks. To add on that “same team in the same div can’t have the same tracks” sounds pretty bogus too because what if both teams like playing that same track? But I honestly like this idea more

Monyz

MKPS Staff
RL Staff
Media Staff
Team
Kaisers
How much I like this I don’t agree on the ban 5 tracks because it sucks it out, just have it where it’s 15 tracks. To add on that “same team in the same div can’t have the same tracks” sounds pretty bogus too because what if both teams like playing that same track? But I honestly like this idea more
The 5 tracks ban is to prevent ppl from abusing really broken tracks. But If staff decide to ban those tracks before hand IG we don't need it. Or even reduce it by 2-3 and the rule of ppl on the same division can't have the same track is to force track variety and not be only stuff like final grounds desktop dash lost fortress GBA lakeside park/river side park horror mansion like the old meta

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
[U]ltra [H]igh [D]ynamic [R]ange [7]
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Idk man, based on ruso's post it seems pretty prevalent what people want. I'll be happy to provide a better ct environment if you guys aren't willing to, though, so please continue on.
Did you even read Monyz's proposal? It's actually good.

shoeguy

Team
aboo
Some people prefer lounge over forms of mkw. I am one of those people.
I mean fair enough but I think the community as a whole is fighting an uphill battle as it is in terms of clan activity since lounge has single handedly killed it, leaving the same 4 clans that actually war (at least on regs, but I haven't seen many CT wars happening in the past few months either)

Basically it seems like clans only exist for WL and EL at this point in the game's lifespan and in my opinion that's not what the point of them should be

Sorry for off topic message ill actually post a relevant opinion now:

When I played CT wars they were always really unfun and unbalanced because whichever team got 8/12 tracks they nolifed to get picked ended up winning most of the time so it was always down to RNG, I was all for randomized lists when they came out, personally I like the idea Monyz suggested as well if people are against full random for whatever reason, this way there is at least a little bit of strategy in that you can ban tracks the other team nolifes so its not a complete sweep when they ultimately pick it, but overall I think full randomized lists is the best way to go. The only real problem I can see with it is that the RNG could still favor certain teams if the lists happen to have a lot of their tracks on it, so an advantage would still be there.

Switch
SW-5624-1255-7
Wiimmfi
3957-3728-6504
In my opinion having all tracks on the table is good, because this rewards people for practicing a certain track. When you remove tracks from the table people could just lose because they cannot get a track they like. Atleast in my opinion there is no reason to have a track list, let me know why you think the list is necessary please! One more thing, At the point of playing WL you should have at least learned all the tracks, so you shouldn't have a Huge disadvantage if someone picks a track that they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.