• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

can we please view attached files at a proper resolution without having to log in?

elec

Team
k`s gays
Switch
imagine paying
Wiimmfi
3440-6281-9760

i basically dont want to see this kind of bullshit. it was like this on the previous mkboards, but it makes no sense since images sent thru their url (unlike this image of d1 standings posted from attachment) work just fine. the main reason i bring this up is because other forums that use the same xenforo 2.0 layout or w/e version this is allow lurkers not logged in to view attached images at whatever resolution they were posted. what if random lurkers that just found the board want to look at tables and/or are interested in league charts but they cant view them properly without having to create an account, its an unnecessary step just to look at an image. obviously someone would say just tell the person making the post to link by image location, but i think thats unreasonable to ask for everyone posting images.
in conclusion just make images appear bigger for unlogged users cuz most of us viewing arent ants.

edits: reuploaded image

Last edited:

simo

WL Staff
EL Staff
wherever Jadid is from, since i'm basically him
Team
Tossicodipendenti
Wiimmfi
4472-7682-6881
I honestly couldn't agree more.
Always had this same issue but everytime I genuinely thought there was probably just something wrong with the device I was using... well apparently there wasn't and I haven't been the only one facing this thing.
To whoever has access to the forum's settings, please, this needs a fix for real, because it can be REALLY annoying sometimes.

Team
Infinite
Wiimmfi
1251-5428-9218
So I asked a certain now banned staff member about this awhile back and here is our conversation.
Calum03/03/2018 Can the mkb issue of being unable to view attachments without logging be fixed?
Stunky03/03/2018 We can look in to it but I think it's more a safety feature instead of a bug
Calum03/03/2018 Alright thnx
Calum03/03/2018 What safety does it provide
Stunky03/03/2018 Like we have no way to guarantee that everyone viewing the site is above the age of 13 or w/e so some of the images/attachments in posts may be considered dangerous/inappropriate. There's a few reasons but basically it's like "you never know who it is looking at the site and there's a chance that the content is inappropriate for them"

I personally think it is really stupid, especially when standing are not always readable when they should be inside of the thread

Aditya~

EL Staff
Registry Staff
Media Staff
Team
λρocalypse, Regicide
Wiimmfi
0861-6009-1404
So I asked a certain now banned staff member about this awhile back and here is our conversation.
Calum03/03/2018 Can the mkb issue of being unable to view attachments without logging be fixed?
Stunky03/03/2018 We can look in to it but I think it's more a safety feature instead of a bug
Calum03/03/2018 Alright thnx
Calum03/03/2018 What safety does it provide
Stunky03/03/2018 Like we have no way to guarantee that everyone viewing the site is above the age of 13 or w/e so some of the images/attachments in posts may be considered dangerous/inappropriate. There's a few reasons but basically it's like "you never know who it is looking at the site and there's a chance that the content is inappropriate for them"

I personally think it is really stupid, especially when standing are not always readable when they should be inside of the thread
Agreed; and if it's to protect those under 13, then why aren't posts/comments themselves hidden? doesn't make too much sense to me why pictures have to be blurred and hidden, while any text posts are fine from the get-go yk

~Maidvelia~

Every day I'll fight to be Legendary
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
I attempted a fix but the damn site crashed during attachment cache rebuild so something may be glitched (?).

Let me know if it's any better!