Calling for change

Dermo

MKPS Staff
RL Staff
I think I have come up with the fairest way to sort out the uproars that have come from the community as of late and that is for an election of the wl council and the wl figurehead where anyone who wishes to run can enter and the clan leader from every clan that has participated in the last 2 seasons of wl get 1 vote, the most voted nominee becomes the wl figurehead (AKA the KD position) and the next highest 5 get put on wl council. IF KD denies us this then it is clear that wl is in the wrong hands. Let the competitive community decide who runs the show and fix the league, merry Christmas

Team
GAMT
No reason not to do this, it is fair and democratic and it seems like the majority of the council does nothing now anyway. Give the community what they want. Also with only clan leaders voting it prevents there being meme votes so thats really not an issue.

Articuno

Love, although it fades, it never gives up on you.
MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
CTL Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // EA
Mario Kart Wii meets Politics. Yay.

I feel like this thread only came up because you got kicked off Council a couple weeks ago and you’re acting out of anger since you’re upset. If you didn’t get kicked off then this thread most likely would not exist.

If you believe this is the way we should go, fair enough, but it just turns into a popularity contest with whoever runs. May as well make a new league if you want to run it like this, doubt it would end up being implicated. I’m indifferent about this, there are good and bad stuff about this, but I’m personally not really bothered if we do this. Dermo just wants KD off as a manager, and if he wants to take him down then there are better ways to manage this.

Give the community what they want. Also with only clan leaders voting it prevents there being meme votes so thats really not an issue.
Sure you can look at it by ‘giving the community what they want’ but it just ends up being a popularity contest rather than who’s more qualified for the majority of times when people don’t really care. There are gonna be meme votes, happens all the time, especially with a community that has a reputation that ain’t too great. We saw it happen with representative pick awards, a reason they were abolished since it was kind of a meme that nobody really took seriously.

If you want to make a difference, there are more and better ways to do it than writing a post because you are upset you were taken off Council.

Merry Christmas.

OP
Dermo

Dermo

MKPS Staff
RL Staff
Thread Starter #4
Mario Kart Wii meets Politics. Yay.

I feel like this thread only came up because you got kicked off Council a couple weeks ago and you’re acting out of anger since you’re upset. If you didn’t get kicked off then this thread most likely would not exist.

If you believe this is the way we should go, fair enough, but it just turns into a popularity contest with whoever runs. May as well make a new league if you want to run it like this, doubt it would end up being implicated. I’m indifferent about this, there are good and bad stuff about this, but I’m personally not really bothered if we do this. Dermo just wants KD off as a manager, and if he wants to take him down then there are better ways to manage this.

Sure you can look at it by ‘giving the community what they want’ but it just ends up being a popularity contest rather than who’s more qualified for the majority of times when people don’t really care. There are gonna be meme votes, happens all the time, especially with a community that has a reputation that ain’t too great. We saw it happen with representative pick awards, a reason they were abolished since it was kind of a meme that nobody really took seriously.

If you want to make a difference, there are more and better ways to do it than writing a post because you are upset you were taken off Council.

Merry Christmas.
If this happens then I wasnt even going to run, I joined council to try to make wl better and I couldn't do anything because of how corrupt the core of the council is, the people deserve to choose who runs the most prominent league in mkwii, wl council is the equivalent to the north Korean government at this point, give up the power hungry act articuno and get out of the way of change

Pascal

RL Staff
WL Staff
Team
Mlγ - Melancholy
Wiimmfi
5074-0644-0576
If this happens then I wasnt even going to run, I joined council to try to make wl better and I couldn't do anything because of how corrupt the core of the council is, the people deserve to choose who runs the most prominent league in mkwii, wl council is the equivalent to the north Korean government at this point, give up the power hungry act articuno and get out of the way of change
key word **you tried**

Joeey

Things are lookin' so far up
RL Staff
CL Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
Wiimmfi
3914-4250-9247
Whilst in theory this is a well thought out idea, in practice, as Articuno mentioned, it would just end up with a group of people who lead either the biggest clans or have the most friends within the community who would end up in charge, rather then those that do have league knowledge.

With that being said, as long as this thread remains civilised, can we not lock it? I feel like if people are given an actual place to air their grievances about the league as it stands rather than putting up the walls and instantly going on the defensive, we might start making some progress regarding people's satisfaction with the league.

Team
GAMT
I mean people are popular in the community for a reason. They would be a better representative of the communities views than the current council. It's not like the current system is working well at all. Could turn it into a regular election at the end of each season so if the new people are bad they could be replaced easily.

At least you end up with people who care about the league rather than currently where only half the council seems interested.

Joeey

Things are lookin' so far up
RL Staff
CL Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
Wiimmfi
3914-4250-9247
I mean people are popular in the community for a reason. They would be a better representative of the communities views than the current council. It's not like the current system is working well at all. Could turn it into a regular election at the end of each season so if the new people are bad they could be replaced easily.

At least you end up with people who care about the league rather than currently where only half the council seems interested.
Speaking from experience, running a League isn't easy by any means. You're constantly under fire and everything you do is scrutinised, and, if people think it's a wrong decision, you get criticised. Not everybody would be able to handle that pressure. Not to mention there's some people, especially newer players, who wouldn't know how to run a League or contribute to a Council. Even if it were limited to clan leaders, there's always new clans appearing in leagues - look at teams like nst, wf, YET in EL. Granted, with it being a community vote it would be unlikely that they'd be elected anyway, but it's still a potential issue.

Team
JJ
If voting were to be a thing, it should be done towards people actually applying and wanting to be on staff and not just because of someone who is popular. As for getting people removed from the staff that should be reviewed in a way for every season or during the middle of the season if they've done any good for the league or have failed miserably or just being on the forums acting pretty with a coloured name role. I'd rather have people on staff who actually have requirements, experience and actually be a good role model to the community towards veterans and new players rather than voting on popular mkwii players for higher power.

Shawn

Media Staff
Dermo I wish you were good at writing long and drawn out forum posts, maybe they would actually be taken seriously. WL and council needs a major overhaul but this just isnt the way to do it man. Gather more evidence of incompetence and build your case from there. In a community where it's your word against council you will never win without clear evidence and the rest of the community behind you.

OP
Dermo

Dermo

MKPS Staff
RL Staff
Thread Starter #13
I can't write long forum posts because they get taken down