Division Admin Articuno (Accepted)

Articuno

Love, although it fades, it never gives up on you.
MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
CTL Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // EA
Hey,

My name is Articuno, I’ll be 18 next week and I am going into Civil Engineering at uOttawa this upcoming Fall Semester. I’ve been apart of the Mario Kart Community since 2011. I have experience in both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 communities, and play both Regular Tracks and Custom Tracks in Mario Kart Wii. I am applying to become a member of the WL Staff team.

I have experience. I was previous with the Staff Team as a Division Admin and a Registration Admin. I was a DA for 3 seasons and a RA between Season 7 and 8.
Outside of the league, I am currently an active Moderator for the Regular Track Lounge for the lower rank players, and an active updater for the Lounge Scoreboard.
On Mario Kart 8, I was with the GTT Staff Team while it was running.
In terms of teams, I was a leader for a MK8u team called Serene Grace / Synchronize until the game died out, and I am currently a Co-Leader for Battle Cry.

Over the past couple years since I have been on the WL Staff Team, I have matured and developed better qualities. I am very organized, hard working and very well at managing my time. This past school year, alongside the teachers, I ran a charity event for the Canadian C***** Society (apparently C&ncer is banned on this website), raising over $100,000 towards C***** research. I volunteered over 100 hours outside of school towards this project, in the span of 3 months. (I can send a letter of recommendation that my teacher wrote for me that have been sent in for scholarships towards University). I am also responsible. I worked as a soccer referee for 5 years, and I am currently in my 4th year of being a hockey referee. I am very personable. I worked in customer service as a produce clerk at the local grocery store for 2 years, talking with customers and helping them out. As well, as a referee, I am able to talk with coaches in a respective manner, parents and players. I am also very reliable. I have not missed a scheduled WL match for the passed two years unless I have been out of town.

I am very active within the community. I am currently a moderator and an updater for the Lounge. I know my way around spreadsheets, I like to make tables and I use spreadsheets a lot for my schoolwork and to stay organized. I have my own laptop now that supports excel. When I was a Division Admin two years ago, I did not have my own computer, nor did I have excel, so it was difficult for me to keep everything clean and organized. I'm quick at learning new material and updating, and I have a lot of time to work within the community.

In game, I have experience as a competitive player since 2011, I am familiar with how the game works. I play at a lower level compared to Council members, having insight on the lower division players and able to make decisions that helps both lower and higher level players. On top of that, I play both Regular Tracks and Custom Tracks, so I am able to help in both areas.

I am an active member of the community, and I hope to help in more areas of the community. If you would like to contact me, my discord is Articuno#3970.

Thanks for reading, I hope you take my application into consideration.

Last edited:
OP
Articuno

Articuno

MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
CTL Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // EA
Thread Starter #2
Bumping my thread.
I'm an active moderator in lounge, and I help out within the community. I'm a lower tier player and being a lower tier moderator in lounge, I know a lot about the lower tier players. I'm also a custom track player who has a decent knowledge of custom tracks. I've been apart of the Battle Cry leadership for the past couple months, and also helped Savannah with the WL side of EXO.
Thank you.

OP
Articuno

Articuno

MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
CTL Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // EA
Thread Starter #3
Hey,

I’m here to apply for a division admin role.

I’m sure most people already know but midway through Season 8, I was kicked off of staff team for a bunch of things (incompetency, lack of following basic instructions, not sticking to my word, laziness, making impulsive decisions without getting feedback from others before and making big choices without consent from staff that are higher above me). To sum it up, I was an idiot and did everything you can imagine incorrectly.

Over the passed year and a bit, I believe that I have improved in a bunch of areas. I believe that I am more mature; I have a better attitude, especially towards others; I have a better worth-ethic; I understand priorities and able to make personal decisions based on my ability to handle the work-load, the skills I posses and the time needed to complete the task; I am quick to think and make less impulsive decisions than before; and able to manage my time a lot better in order to complete everything that needs to get done on a daily basis.

I have also developed new skills based on passed experience within a staff team. I have learned how to cooperate with others, ask for help when I need help rather than taking the arrogant path thinking I can do it on my own, and working with others to solve problems. I’ve had experience being in staff positions. I’ve been a Lower Tier Arbitrator and Custom Track Arbitrator in Lounge for over a year and I recently started as a Council member just over a month ago.

I am also very active, I know my way around spreadsheets, I like to make tables and I use spreadsheets a lot for my schoolwork and to stay organized. I have my own laptop now that supports excel. When I was a Division Admin two years ago, apart from my laziness and lack of braincells, I did not have my own computer, nor did I have excel, so it was difficult for me to keep everything clean and organized. I'm quick at learning new material and updating, and I have a lot of time to work within the community.

I know that I may be far away from a chance at becoming a division admin, but I hope you take into consideration my application. I’m nearly on discord all the time other then when I’m sleeping, my contact is Articuno#3970.

Thanks.