Another thread/question about Custom Characters

grantendo

Hey guys, first time posting!

I am trying to get DarkyBenji's Negative Daisy skin to work on a clean CTGP installation but wanting to verify I have all the steps correct since I can't get it to work :/

The skin pack comes with these files which I assumed can go straight into /ctgpr/My Stuff/Negative Daisy
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 5.09.18 PM.png

As for the folder "For Menu"
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 5.11.35 PM.png

I extracted Driver.szs, Race.szs, MenuSingle.szs and MenuMulti.szs from a clean MK ISO using WiiScrubber.

Then using BrawlBox I open:
Driver.szs - ./ds_menu.brres - replace with new file, save
Race.szs - ./game_image/timg/st_daisy_32x32.tpl/Texture0 - replace with map.png, save
MenuSingle.szs - ./button/timg/tt_daisy_64x64.tpl/Texture0 - replace with menu.png, save
MenuMulti.szs - same as MenuSingle
I also replaced tt_daisy_64x64.tpl/Texture0 with menu.png in Race.szs. Do menu portraits need to also go in Race.szs?

After that I put my 4 modified .szs files as well as ds-allkart.szs from the "For Menu" folder into my Negative Daisy folder with all my other .szs files.

What did I do wrong? lol
Thanks for any help

EDIT: I remember reading Common.szs being required but I am unaware of which files to replace

Last edited:

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
all of this seems to be correct. I'd have to open up the files to double check, but unfortunately I don't have access to them right now. the part I'm confused on is the problem. I don't see one? like did the game crash, is something not showing up correctly, etc. sorry If Its addressed in the post and I'm just being dumb, but I can't seem to find it. Once you let me know that part, I can gladly help you out to the best of my abilities.

OP
G

grantendo

Thread Starter #3
Game says Loading Patches but no Negative Daisy to be found :/ no crashes as far as I could tell

mkwbenjamin

Black Lives Matter.
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
did you put all of the files inside of the "my stuff" folder, located in the "ctgpr" folder on the root of your SD Card?
> SD : ctgpr : my stuff​