• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information! Apply here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here

Administration Changes Heading into 2020

Tea

Administrator
Administrator
MKPS Staff
WL Staff
Media Staff
Hello Tea here,

I'd like to announce some big changes for the site. The MKB staff decided to remove Maidvelia from the MKB staff and promote Gabe (Mystic) and myself as administrators for the website. This decision was not an easy one, as there were a lot of discussion among the moderators, as well as the two new administrators and we felt that this was the best course of action.

The reason for the removal of Maidvelia is not only because of the recent incident that partook in the Wiimmfi League (WL) server, but did serve as a catalyst of the discussion among the moderators, headed by Gabe and me. What Maidvelia did in the server did indeed break the current rules of the site, specifically section 7D of the rules which highlights graphic content. While the intent of Maidvelia was one of an explanatory nature, specifically, about the stress that he has had as of late, the act of posting a picture of his deceased cat was considered graphic according to the staff. However, there resides a bigger issue among this case that ultimately led the staff to decide of his removal. These factors include his lack of courtesy when discussing with those who were critical of him (to the point where staff members were worried about speaking up to him, general reception among the competitive community), and ultimately, a misrepresentation of the current competitive community.

This does not mean we do not appreciate what he has done for the community. Maidvelia has been an integral part of our community, building the competitive scene after the shutdown of the official servers. He has also founded WL, which has lasted for an incredibly long time. The staff highly respects him for what he has done for this community, as should the entire community.

This has left the community administration spot open from the website. While Maidvelia was the only community administrator, there has always been a desire to have two in order for them to check each other (before Stunky used to be the other administrator, but was removed due to his incident). The staff choose Gabe and myself as the new administrators. Gabe has been a prominent moderator on the website for a while and is apart of the lounge staff as an arbitrator. Additionally, he has hosted the first ever North American MKW LAN, Exalt. As for me, I have been a member of this community for 7 years, and have been involved with a lot of staff positions (currently as a moderator, WL DA Admin, Media Manager). The staff agreed that us two would be the best leaders for the site moving forward.

As new administrators, Gabe and myself already have some changes planned. Some of you might have seen this announcement through a tweet. We will be starting to use our Twitter more actively in order to reach out to our members a bit easier, so if you would like to keep up to date with us, we would highly recommend to follow us https://twitter.com/MarioKartBoards. Additionally, we will be reviewing our current rules and changing to match what we view as appropriate for this community.

Even though this is a bit of a tangent, I would like to address what is going on with MKPS. As some of you know, we will be starting a new tournament series for 2020, called the Mario Kart Professional Series (MKPS). It will be a bigger tournament series that will attempt to reinvigorate the clanning scene. There will be more details posted later this month. Because of this, there will be a delay in starting this upcoming season of Wiimmfi League, as it will be apart of the aforementioned MKPS alongside with Elite League. We will be meeting this upcoming Sunday in order to finalize the details about it and hopefully make a proper post about it sometime afterwards.

Lastly, we are looking for some moderators to replace Maidvelia, Mystic, and me. So staff applications will be open.

To summarize:
- Maidvelia has been removed from staff due to not being deemed a representative of the competitive community
- Mystic and Tea are appointed as new managers due to their leadership abilities and roles within the community
- We will be more active on Twitter, so please follow us (https://twitter.com/MarioKartBoards)
- We will be reviewing and changing our policies and rules to fit with the current nature of our community
- MKPS will be the main tournament of the website, and initial details about it will be made public
- Wiimmfi League will be delayed as we are finalizing the details of MKPS

Thank you for reading this post. The entire staff is really excited with these changes, and we hope you guys are as well. We want to hear what you guys think of these changes by making a post here as well as any suggestions that you guys have.

Last edited:

Arvo57

Subscribe to ToadMKW
Supporter
Team
GAMT
1577810245479.png

boi

Ok jokes aside, I think this was a good decision. I don't know how the conversation has gone internally within the staff, but a huge part of the community wanted to see KD go after this shit show. A part of me is sad that it couldn't work out, he has done a lot for the community and he does deserve the community's respect for that, but the removal is, in my opinion more than justified.

Good job to the staff, and good job to everyone who has spoken out.

Connor

wars > lounge
Supporter
Wiimmfi
2239-3843-9741
I'm excited for the new changes to come into effect, but please, stop delaying MKPS, WL, etc. as much as you are. There was a hype around it when you first announced it, and already it's starting to fizzle out because people are just getting impatient. It's felt like 500 years since the last WL season, and at this point I almost forgot what it was like playing a serious war that I really wanted to win. I care about the clan scene and I don't want it to die out completely, and all of these promises of exciting things are good, but you can't keep us waiting for months on end.

I'm still excited and somewhat hopeful for the future, lets see what happens.

majesticmkw

WL Staff
Team
Turtle 7eam | Team APE
Wiimmfi
3098-3816-0548
Thank you Maid for all you did for the site and the competitive scene. I’ve enjoyed my (short) stay of the MKW competitive scene so far. Congratulations Tea and Mystic for getting the Admin positions, and I hope you two are successful in the upkeep of MKW competitive.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Covfefe
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
These two are going to be the greatest admins this site will ever have, and this was one of the best moderation teams in a while. I fully believe that good things are on the horizon. Treat them well guys and give their ideas a chance, you don't have many other options left for community admins.

Thanks to the staff for being so considerate with me during the whole ordeal. This wasn't easy on any of us.

There were way more intracacies behind this being the best decision for me btw than your little witch hunt of me, bud. Now leave the staff alone Dermo.

I hope staff treat false allegations without proof more seriously in the future.

Covfefe, cheers.

Mystic

Administrator
Administrator
MKPS Staff
Lounge Staff
Hello all,

I would like to first start this message off by giving a huge thanks to the rest of MKB staff for giving me this opportunity as admin. I will try my hardest to best represent the community and I hope for everyone’s support.

Moving forward with the things Tea posted about Maidvelia’s removal, and despite all of it, Maidvelia had done a lot for the community and throughout his time as admin. I personally will always appreciate these things he has done for us as a community. But alas, it’s time for a new era.

Alongside Tea, we hope to best represent the community and be honorable admins for everyone in the MKW community. We hope to keep pushing for future MKW endeavors and we hope to see you along the ride.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to working with everyone. If you would like to contact me, my doors are always open via a PM on MKB or on Discord at Gabriel#9347.

All the best,

- Gabriel / Mystic

Last edited:

Sky9

EL Staff
Team
λρ ~ λρocalypse
I'd like to announce some big changes for the site. The MKB staff decided to remove Maidvelia from the MKB staff and promote Gabe (Mystic) and myself as administrators for the website.
Reading this was like getting a Shock in 9th. In all seriousness though I think that the change is going to benefit the community for the better. I'm not taking anything away from Maid his service for the site but I think this is for the best. Anyways Happy New Year and here's another great year of MKWii in 2020. It has been a blessing to play with you all throughout the year. Happy 2020!!!!!

Miles

worst player ever
Supporter
Team
Moonblast
congratulations to mystic and tea!!! this is an excellent decision by staff, what this community needs more than anything is a breath of fresh air. mystic and tea are great figures for promoting exciting and ambitious projects and are perfect for re-stimulating this community. excited to hear about everything with MKPS as well!
addressing the elephant in the room, kd's removal is long overdue. the state the site was (and still technically is) in is nearly destroyed, easily the most inactive i've ever seen mkw forums. hopefully staff take example from this decision. administering the forums in such an inane, egocentric, and unreasonable manner is destined for failure. best of luck to the staff, for once i feel optimistic about the future of this game.